Recommedations for opening acts?

I think a Morrissey/Smiths tribute band would be the ideal opening band. His catalog of songs that people love is so huge that he could never do it justice in one show or even ten, and he leans toward the newer stuff these days anyway. A good tribute band could give longtime fans their dose of group singalong nostalgia and get it out of their systems so Morrissey wouldn't have to be burdened with people calling out for classics. They could play the same few very biggest hits at every show and otherwise rotate through the catalog for the rest of the set at each different show as a fun surprise for fans. Morrismiths Jukebox they could call themselves. The rest of the world would be like, "Morrissey seriously has a Morrissey cover band open for him? Oh my god he's so vain." But the rest of us would be like "Well... yes. And we love it." Honestly he might be the only person who could pull that off.

On the one hand, it might seem like it would steal his thunder, but a Moz cover band isn't nearly the same thing as Moz, so it would really just serve to whet people's appetite and get them hyped up together in preparation for him. It would be a nice compromise between fans wanting to relive the classics and Morrissey wanting to play the stuff more relevant to his life now, all at the same show. In my fantasy, I nominate the guy from Smoking Popes to form a new cover band. Morrissey liked them and that singer can come close enough to some crooning vocals in a rock context. Otherwise I'm sure the Sweet & Tender Hooligans would be thrilled to do the job.

What about kristeenYoung?

Shes done it before, and done a fantastic job of opening up for morrissey , in fact shes a super star in her own right!

Click the u tube video below, and be amazed!! absolutely incredible live in concert!!!!!!!!!!!! brilliant !!!

And I know coz Ive seen her !

ENJOY !!! :)

omg she's terrible!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom