Refunds

Have any of you, like myself, considered seeking compensation for last nights debacle? I see plenty of frivolous conspiracy nonsense being posted. But no nitty gritty as to what should lawfully happen next. It cost me, personally, in excess of £100 all told, to attend last nights 'event'. All for approximately eight minutes entertainment. Someone needs to be held financially responsible... Morrissey for his hissy fit? Echo Arena for their lack of security towards the performing artist? or finally, the retard responsible for tossing the plastic cup?, (and lets be honest he or she did TOSS the plastic cup, view the youtube footage - the aforementioned cup arched its way towards Morrissey, it certainly wasnt THROWN, with force, at his head, check out the impact, Morrissey barely flinched. Answers on a postcard please.....

ive emailed see tickets about a refund.. nothing back yet though. where did you purchase your tickets?

i got mine from ticketmaster, do i just contact them?it says to write off and send them your tickets in the event of a cancellation but this is a weird situation, maybe just maybe a miracle will happen and he will reschedule, prob not:tears:

i got mine from ticketmaster, do i just contact them?it says to write off and send them your tickets in the event of a cancellation but this is a weird situation, maybe just maybe a miracle will happen and he will reschedule, prob not:tears:
As much as I hope he will reschedule I get the feeling that the echo arena wont be on any tour list again.

My tickets were purchased for myself and two friends via TicketMaster, and the least said about that experience the better - a l o n g story. My doubts about the whole evening commenced when Morrissey cancelled his scheduled appearance on Jonathan Ross's Radio 2 show yesterday morning. The whole thing appeared doomed from the word go. Good luck, fellow threaders and respondants, with your individual attempts at reclaiming whatever is rightfully yours... financially, mentally or spiritually.

Life is (indeed) a pigsty... as someone, who's name escapes, me once infamously said...

aww god i feel even worse now, maybe i should just keep the ticket stub as a bad memory:(

Talking of bad memories I doubt I will ever be able to listen to Black Cloud with the same enjoyment anymore:(

lol just listen to the second half and you will be ok;)

i hope he tours the uk again im still fuming, but he will be forgiven by everyone if he does retour this he knows

I emailed the venue and got this reply:

Please be advised that the original ticket purchaser will be contacted by their ticket provider in due course.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, please visit the Echo Arena website for any information and updates.

I also asked about travel costs - not in the expectation of getting any refund but just to make a point. The more I consider this the more it becomes very obvious that Morrissey couldnt care less about his fans - how about a statement on his website, or re-schedule the gig - or better still on the night just get on with it!

Same here.

I'd lvoe to see him.

I was so close, about 6 foot from him.

And it was closed so early.

I've never been so gutted in my life

To be fair I though the security at the arena was the tightest I have ever had at a Moz concert. They almost creates a crush on the way in by stopping and searching people and emptying bottles so i think its harsh to blame the venue. Fools will always find a way..............

I feel so sorry for a girl I was standing with who had payed from flights from finland and had to repay for more tickets because they wouldn't give her her tickets, And for a hotel. Just for 5 minutes :(

Have any of you, like myself, considered seeking compensation for last nights debacle? I see plenty of frivolous conspiracy nonsense being posted. But no nitty gritty as to what should lawfully happen next. It cost me, personally, in excess of £100 all told, to attend last nights 'event'. All for approximately eight minutes entertainment. Someone needs to be held financially responsible... Morrissey for his hissy fit? Echo Arena for their lack of security towards the performing artist? or finally, the retard responsible for tossing the plastic cup?, (and lets be honest he or she did TOSS the plastic cup, view the youtube footage - the aforementioned cup arched its way towards Morrissey, it certainly wasnt THROWN, with force, at his head, check out the impact, Morrissey barely flinched. Answers on a postcard please.....

Spot on! It's about time that venues stopped letting obviously drunken people in. I'm sick of the yobs you get at every Morrissey concert - they spoil it for the rest of us.

Spot on! It's about time that venues stopped letting obviously drunken people in. I'm sick of the yobs you get at every Morrissey concert - they spoil it for the rest of us.

Its the sign of this countrys times unfortunately. People in this country seem to be unable to have a good time at any event without getting shitfaced.

its the same at football, At the match some lads dont sit down, they just stand in the concourse at the back watching the match on the telly so they can get pissed? How odd is that?

its the same at football, At the match some lads dont sit down, they just stand in the concourse at the back watching the match on the telly so they can get pissed? How odd is that?
It's the same at Rugby League games too except you are still able to take your drinks back to the seats with you. For normal league games it is not too bad bar some spilt beer but for the major games RL fans behaviour can be very poor.

What I don't get is you go to a concert/football/event to go and watch and enjoy as much as possible. How can getting drunk help.

i pray for a reschedule

You know, it hadn't even occurred to me as a possibility given the nature of the cancellation...but a reschedule would be great.

Surely the best way for Moz and the 8,999 fans who didn't hit him with a cup to become good friends again.

Ticketmaster refunded me last time for a cancellation and I didnt have to send back my ticket stubs.

You know, it hadn't even occurred to me as a possibility given the nature of the cancellation...but a reschedule would be great.

Surely the best way for Moz and the 8,999 fans who didn't hit him with a cup to become good friends again.

Your post made me laugh :)

Back
Top Bottom