Refunds

the reason we aint heard anything yet is because they are still disputting who is to blame. Morrissey is not covered by insurance on this tour(so ive been informed by a reliable source) and therefor cant afford not to play this gig. If its judged to be the echos fault then there will be no resheduled gig, but its more likely that its morrisseys fault as he was not injured and could have played on. Also the fact that it is taking so long only adds fuel to the fire that a rescheduled date is being planned and i have it on good authority that it could well be....

I was about to say before I had a backdated look on this thread that it'd be interesting to know his contractual obligation time (which for most acts is usually 45 minutes or 1 hour), would think the gig promoters would be within their rights to sue his arse if any ticket refunds are handed out.

I disagree. Morrissey can argue that the venue failed in their duty of care. He was assaulted while on stage and the venue breached their own policy of no bottles on the arena floor. I have it on good authority that if it came to a court case, the Echo arena would have to meet the cost, not poor old Mozza.

Commercialy this is very complicated, however for M not to make any statement within a week suggests being unwell or could not care less.

Not sure how to make that any clearer for you:
Commercial/legal issues could make the issue of refunds/reschedule complex

Morrissey has made no statement to the thousands of fans he let down, perhaps he is unwell, or perhaps he has no respect for them?

Morrissey has made no statement to the thousands of fans he let down, perhaps he is unwell, or perhaps he has no respect for them?

If there really is an impending legal wrangle, then maybe M has been advised to say nothing until that is over.

Just a thought.

No - I wasn't even there! But I'm working on the theory that if the gig is rescheduled, the more people that claim refunds, the more tickets will become available. I couldn't justify going to 3 gigs in one week last week, but a reschedule I could probably manage to slip in!

If you dont mind a seat there were thousands empty! Shouldnt be any problem getting a ticket if it is rescheduled.

If there really is an impending legal wrangle, then maybe M has been advised to say nothing until that is over.

Just a thought.

"Everyone involved in the show is deeply upset that the actions of one individual have spoiled the evening for the thousands of genuine fans and for Morrissey himself"

I think the promoter's statement is the closest there'll be to a comment on Moz's behalf, for now at least; expresses sorrow/regret for the cancellation without suggesting anyone other than the cup chucker is responsible for what happened.

Makes sense legally but I expect so long as they can arrange a new date and avoid a bill for refunds there won't be a need for the courts or anything like that.

Good news for those of us hoping for a reschedule I reckon. :guitar:

Is it most likely that any rescheduled date would coincide with a future tour (i.e. like the postponed Royal Albert Hall gig became part of the Swords tour) or could a new date happen quite soon? Presumably it would make most sense either to add it to the end of the current dates (while he's still got a band/crew together and they are still rehearsed) or include it in a future tour rather than doing one show on its own?

I wish they'd make an announcement. I've got other gigs/trips that I've either already arranged or need to make the arrangements soon for but at the moment I don't know whether any of them are going to clash with a possible re-arranged Moz gig. :(

The statement on the gigsandtours website has been removed:

http://www.seetickets.com/gat/news.asp

(The most recent Moz news item on there now is the earlier one about the tour resuming at the Royal Albert Hall). Maybe a new statement's about to be issued - or maybe the situation's changed and they no longer want to state that there'll either be a reschedule or refunds?

Updated (http://www.seetickets.com/gat/news.asp?id=140)

Morrissey - Liverpool Latest (Mon 16 Nov)
16 Nov 2009

The event organisers have been unable to reschedule the Morrissey concert. As previously notified refunds will be available to all customers who purchased tickets from authorised outlets.

Where possible customers will be notified directly by email

Further information will be published on Liverpool Arena website and www.gigsandtours.com

Refunding will begin from Tuesday 17 November at 9am.

..So sorry it never came to be.......Panic -Baths over....but at least I've got some money back to spend at the Alice Cooper Gig in Manchester next Tuesday as some consolation.....!! Thanx Asil for the Notification....

..So sorry it never came to be.......Panic -Baths over....but at least I've got some money back to spend at the Alice Cooper Gig in Manchester next Tuesday as some consolation.....!! Thanx Asil for the Notification....

thats a consolation?:lbf: whatever floats ya boat, have a good time, when I get my refund I'll book a couple of cheap gigs.

Refunds for tickets purchased (via official sources) granted?!, how very generous - however, recompense for time, travel expenses (etc) and effort is in painfully short supply. And, of course, will never be forthcoming.... a sad, expensive and extremely forgettable (non) event all round.

Hi,
Just noticed in my account that i have got a full refund including all fee's from See Tickets. its sad but at least the decent thing has happened.

Blew the cash refund in Manchester after the Coop Gig ( Magnificent Show, BTW....as always....) on a hotel and down the bars in canal street.....so at least Manchester got some of the cash back, if not Mozzer himself!!!
best of luck to all still waiting for a refund....

Back
Top Bottom