Remastered "Vauxhall & I" on the way, plus pic from France - TTY

Finally! I've always wanted Vauxhall and I on vinyl and the original pressing is just so damn expensive I could never justify buying. Assuming he doesn't do a Kill Uncle type remaster and does Your Arsenal type one instead this is really super exciting news. It is one of the few Moz albums I don't have on vinyl.

"French Cuisine including fresh veggies from Provence is provided for in our catering offers, and our chief can accommodate you with any particular dietary preferences if desired." Now Moz has no excuse not to be vegan. The chief can accommodate!

"Around la Fabrique, you can also discover Les Alpilles on bike rides, horse rides, glider or with wine tasting and French cuisine !" I wonder if riding horses is considered exploitative.

Looks like there's no winning a stay here. Instead, use this special link to win a bottle of hand lotion
http://bit.ly/1dVCbRV

Glad to see Vauxhall & I is getting a remastered release. Shame the introducing Morrissey DVD is not being included a la Your Arsenal.

Here's some information on La Fabrique Studios:

www.studioslafabrique.com/Residential.html

So that's it? Just a remaster? No bonus tracks, let alone a bonus disc? Common, give me SOME reason to buy this! I don't need no stinkin' remaster, I want the unreleased stuff!

I don't think there are any unreleased tracks from this session are there? Wasn't the SUNNY single part of the V & I session? Maybe I know who I love was but I'm not 100% on that.

- marred.

So that's it? Just a remaster? No bonus tracks, let alone a bonus disc? Common, give me SOME reason to buy this! I don't need no stinkin' remaster, I want the unreleased stuff!

with how much I have to pay for this album on eBay I'm completely fine with just a remaster. Not that it needed it.

unless they decide to remaster beethoven or the world of morrissey, this is the final reissue since these are all EMI (Parlophone) albums.

with how much I have to pay for this album on eBay I'm completely fine with just a remaster. Not that it needed it.

On vinyl you mean? That's my thoughts exactly. I have been hoping for this for awhile.

unless they decide to remaster beethoven or the world of morrissey, this is the final reissue since these are all EMI (Parlophone) albums.

But Southpaw Grammar was RCA Victor wasn't it? I'm pretty sure the smashing of the Parlophone frame in Boy Racer confirmed that.

- marred.

Disappointing the album won't be receiving full honours. But I do remember that period being particular light on b-sides with "Moon River", "I'd Love To" and a smattering of album tracks. Surely Morrissey could have dug up some demos or previously unheard songs for the release though?

Regardless, just to get the album remastered and on vinyl is worth it. I know Bill Inglot has made his name in remastering - he'll have done Vauxhall justice.

Last edited:
I prefer the origanal, maybe remaster will get some musicparts better, don't know what the Inglot will do with the Masterpeice album.

2nd disc could be some live tracks plus Boxers ,Sunny and Moonriver to nam a few, if there comes a 2nd

' and they say he's mentall' ... lost in my hometown...

Last edited:
Right on cue after that recent, great look at the making of V&I! I suppose the authors knew it was in the pipeline (?)
Nice photo, nice dog!

Omg! He looks like my dad, anyway great news vauxhall and i is an excelent album my fav, hold on to your friends, don't forget sell all your clothes!

Morrissey is sassy. And - he looks like your Dad? What does this tell you about your sex life?

I don't think there are any unreleased tracks from this session are there? Wasn't the SUNNY single part of the V & I session? Maybe I know who I love was but I'm not 100% on that.

- marred.

There are for sure alternate versions of used to be a sweet boy, Black-eyed Susan, why don't you find out for yourself (different than what has already been leaked), interlude, and I'm sure others.

I would be happy with those...

I was wondering if they were going to do it this year. No disappointments this year with Morrissey (for me anyway) :D

- marred.

"Sunny" was recorded in summer 1994 during the "Boxers" sessions. The three tracks from that single and "Sunny" were originally intended as an EP.

Stephane could better speak to it, but there is an early version of "A Swallow On My Neck" (referred to as "The Dennis Cockell Song," presumably after the famous London tattoo artist) that was mooted for release on the potential Rhino reissue in the early Aughts as well as the electric "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself," and an orchestrally-enhanced version of "Used To Be a Sweet Boy." "Black-Eyed Susan" was obviously from the sessions. "Moonriver" and the released "Swallow" were recorded shortly before V&I came out when Spencer and Gary were back in the band for a blink.

I'm not a big vinylphile, but I'm warming up to the idea of having this on record and CD. I just hope for Morrissey's sake that the new album is even half a patch on V&I. It's a bit of a risky gambit to re-release what popular consensus says is his artistically strongest solo album at roughly the same time as his new album.

BTW, "I Know Who I Love" was a Maladjusted outtake.

Love the photo.Morrissey looks really good and cool sneakers!

I'm wondering: Does Moz use spray-on hair?

Something seems peculiar.

nice pic. The French Studious look sublime, good vibes

will purchase vauxhall on vinyl. Just hope he doesn't tamper with it too much! Crying out for a Blue Ray Release of 'Introducing Morrissey'

as others have expressed, think its a little risky to be re-releasing your life's greatest work around the same time as a new LP as people (critics) are obviously going to compare them both

maybe this remaster could ignite a moz // alain mutual appreciation and catch up *wishful thinking*

the general consensus about Bill Inglot is that his remasters are often favoring the high end (treble) and tend to cut the bottom (bass) end down.
generally i don't like that approach but i think that the material on V&I would lend itself well to that treatment as it should bring out a lot of subtleties in the tracks.
time will tell, of course.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom