Remastered "Vauxhall & I" on the way, plus pic from France - TTY

Finally! I've always wanted Vauxhall and I on vinyl and the original pressing is just so damn expensive I could never justify buying. Assuming he doesn't do a Kill Uncle type remaster and does Your Arsenal type one instead this is really super exciting news. It is one of the few Moz albums I don't have on vinyl.

I'm wondering: Does Moz use spray-on hair?

Something seems peculiar.

He must do something considering how he can go from this:

mozbald.png

To looking like he has a full head of hair in a matter of days...

He must do something considering how he can go from this:

mozbald.png

To looking like he has a full head of hair in a matter of days...

It looks unnaturally "powdery". Or a grey-white mud kind of look. He's certainly doing something as a cover-up.

I think he's trying to make the remains of a once great empire of hair last as long as possible (and he's failing).

It looks unnaturally "powdery". Or a grey-white mud kind of look. He's certainly doing something as a cover-up.

I think he's trying to make the remains of a once great empire of hair last as long as possible (and he's failing).

Up North in Manchester we have a term for this behaviour "Hair fromt-tharse"

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I acquired my 'Vauxhall and I' LPs and CDs yesterday afternoon. So the 'previously unused' photographs have been used, not on a Morrissey record admittedly, but by 'Time Out' magazine in June 2004 {that's 10 years after the release of 'Vauxhall and I'} to accompany the Morrissey/Jake Arnott interview that coincided with Morrissey's Meltdown festival. All the work of photographer Frank Bauer.

The original 'Jake back rub 1oz pendant' rear sleeve has been replaced with~

gbmnsaMorrissey20Photo20Shoot2002.jpg

~ with the tracklisting positioned in the dark space beneath the bridge, along with 'Produced by Steve Lillywhite. Recorded in England, Summer 1993.'

{Shot at the English Martyrs Club, Chamber Street, Whitechapel, Saint Patrick's Day 2004.}

The gatefold centrefold is this reclining stud ~

tumblr_n2iu6zRN2n1s8jt63o5_1280.jpg

{Shot at the disused Aldwych tube station, Saint Patrick's Day 2004.}

The inner picture bag features this image on one side ~

portraits14.gif

~ and a close up of the English Martyrs Club street sign on the other side.

The lovely heavyweight vinyl is graced with a beautiful centre label. It's a vintage 'Parlophon' piece, similar to this design ~

1336039621_166_FT3084_parlophon_p._1100-i_mx_2-2693_.jpg

Carl Lindström AG being the German record company from which EMI bought the Parlophon label, and added an 'e'. {Interestingly, the £ logo of the label is nothing to do with cash, but is based on the L of Lindström.}

And, again, no run-out etching :(

The bonus Theatre Royal February 1995 concert CD features 14 tracks, excising the 2 final songs of that night 'Speedway' and 'Shoplifters..' probably due to the fact that most people would rather not listen to stage invasions...

The front sleeve image is still, for me, the worst cover he's ever done. The original Dean Freeman photograph, as shot, is lovely enough, but for some unknowable reason Morrissey decided to 'render' it with some effect, which I assume was intended to make it look vintage, or printed on canvas, but instead makes it look like a 3rd generation fax of a photo, that has then been coloured in by a backward child. The new releases make it even worse as the front contrasts so glaringly with the flipside English Martyrs Club shot, which is reproduced pristinely.

Anyway, enough 'legacy', who's up for a new one.......? :yum:

Just love those shots at the disused Aldwych tube station.

Cheers Moz

I acquired my 'Vauxhall and I' LPs and CDs yesterday afternoon. So the 'previously unused' photographs have been used, not on a Morrissey record admittedly, but by 'Time Out' magazine in June 2004 {that's 10 years after the release of 'Vauxhall and I'} to accompany the Morrissey/Jake Arnott interview that coincided with Morrissey's Meltdown festival. All the work of photographer Frank Bauer.

The original 'Jake back rub 1oz pendant' rear sleeve has been replaced with~

gbmnsaMorrissey20Photo20Shoot2002.jpg

~ with the tracklisting positioned in the dark space beneath the bridge, along with 'Produced by Steve Lillywhite. Recorded in England, Summer 1993.'

{Shot at the English Martyrs Club, Chamber Street, Whitechapel, Saint Patrick's Day 2004.}

The gatefold centrefold is this reclining stud ~

tumblr_n2iu6zRN2n1s8jt63o5_1280.jpg

The inner picture bag features this image on one side ~

portraits14.gif

~ and a close up of the English Martyrs Club street sign on the other side.

The lovely heavyweight vinyl is graced with a beautiful centre label. It's a vintage 'Parlophon' piece, similar to this design ~

1336039621_166_FT3084_parlophon_p._1100-i_mx_2-2693_.jpg

Carl Lindström AG being the German record company from which EMI bought the Parlophon label, and added an 'e'. {Interestingly, the £ logo of the label is nothing to do with cash, but is based on the L of Lindström.}

And, again, no run-out etching :(

The bonus Theatre Royal February 1995 concert CD features 14 tracks, excising the 2 final songs of that night 'Speedway' and 'Shoplifters..' probably due to the fact that most people would rather not listen to stage invasions...

The front sleeve image is still, for me, the worst cover he's ever done. The original Dean Freeman photograph, as shot, is lovely enough, but for some unknowable reason Morrissey decided to 'render' it with some effect, which I assume was intended to make it look vintage, or printed on canvas, but instead makes it look like a 3rd generation fax of a photo, that has then been coloured in by a backward child. The new releases make it even worse as the front contrasts so glaringly with the flipside English Martyrs Club shot, which is reproduced pristinely.

Anyway, enough 'legacy', who's up for a new one.......? :yum:

Beautiful. Thanks!

Same shitty problem occurs with this release of Vauxhall as Your Arsenal - won't play back on computers. Just jitters and breaks up - gets worse the further into the disc you go. It plays fine on external CD players. Pain in the arse if you want to rip a high bitrate version from the CD.

Same shitty problem occurs with this release of Vauxhall as Your Arsenal - won't play back on computers. Just jitters and breaks up - gets worse the further into the disc you go. It plays fine on external CD players. Pain in the arse if you want to rip a high bitrate version from the CD.

Sorry to be the bearer of good news but Your Arsenal Definitive master ripped fine at highest bit rate on my computer. Every song is perfect. It must be something in your computer.

Well as pleased as I am for you and any others for whom it worked ok - there were quite a few others posting here after Arsenal that they were encountering the same problem. I guess its karma. I once killed an ant.

Well as pleased as I am for you and any others for whom it worked ok - there were quite a few others posting here after Arsenal that they were encountering the same problem. I guess its karma. I once killed an ant.

I don't doubt what you're saying. I just thought I'd post to tell you it wasn't happening to me and possibly others. I know it's no help to you but it's mysterious alright. I'll post if it happens to my Vauxhaul disc when I get it... of which will also be of no help to you :)

There seems to be quite a few promo copies of Vauxhall around , more compared to Your Arsenal Reissue if I am not mistaken.

Cheers Moz

the general consensus about Bill Inglot is that his remasters are often favoring the high end (treble) and tend to cut the bottom (bass) end down.
generally i don't like that approach but i think that the material on V&I would lend itself well to that treatment as it should bring out a lot of subtleties in the tracks.
time will tell, of course.

funny enough the exact opposite happened with this reissue, actually ruined the sound of the album for me. You can barely hear the important details in the guitars on the album now, most noticeably the guitar at 0:50 in Now My Heart is Full (this is for the CD release, I don't know what the vinyl release is like in comparison if anyone would be kind enough to share the information)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom