req - THE SMITHS - RARE & UNRELEASED TRACKS

Dave2006

I've never seen this CD before - I assume that the person who put this CD together got most of it from here :) And the seller doesn't look like a fan, more like a dealer.

Is there any chance that someone could upload it?

Thanks in anticipation

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-SMITHS-RA...goryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is double CD featuring rare demos, b-sides, unreleased and alternate tracks by Morrissey and The Smiths. Tracks are:

DISC ONE:
1. Miserable Lie - (John Peel session, broadcast 1st June 1983, a superior recording to that issued officially)
2. Hand In Glove - (Live on The Tube, 16th March 1984)
3. Still Ill - (Live on The Tube, 16th March 1984)
4. Barbarism Begins At Home - (Live on The Tube, 16th March 1984)
5. Jeanne - (Acoustic-Johnny and Sandie live on Splat!, April 1984)
6. Bigmouth Strikes Again - (Performed live on The Old Grey Whistle Test, 20th May 1986)
7. Vicar In A Tutu - (Performed live on The Old Grey Whistle Test, 20th May 1986)
8. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - (Live session from The Eurotube, 5th July 1986)
9. Panic - (Live session from The Eurotube, 5th July 1986)
10. Sheila Take A Bow - (Last ever live performance on The Tube, 10th April, 1987)
11. Shoplifters Of The World Unite - (Last ever live performance on The Tube, 10th April, 1987)
12. Unloveable #1 - (Rare soundcheck recordings from Inverness Eden Court, 1st October 1985)
13. Unloveable #2 - (Rare soundcheck recordings from Inverness Eden Court, 1st October 1985)
14. Wonderful Woman - (Unreleased Kid Jensen session version recorded 26th June 1983)
15. Girl Afraid - (Live in Glasgow, 2nd March 1984 from NME Department Of Enjoyment cassette)
16. Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now - (Different studio mix from Earsay, broadcast 31st March 1984)
17. How Soon Is Now - (Ultra-rare otherwise unreleased version from withdrawn Italian 12" pressing of William It Was Really Nothing)
18. William It Was Really Nothing - (John Peel session version broadcast 9th October 1984)
19. Jeanne - (Rare soundcheck recordings from Dundee Caird Hall, 26th September 1985)
20. What’s The World - (Rare soundcheck recordings from Dundee Caird Hall, 26th September 1985)
21. Asleep - (Very rare Morrissey performance - Rare soundcheck recordings from Inverness Eden Court, 1st October 1985)

DISC TWO:
1. How Soon Is Now - (Unreleased John Peel session, broadcast 9th August 1984)
2. What Do You See In Him - (Early version of Wonderful Woman from the Manchester Hacienda, 4th February 1983)
3. Reel Around The Fountain - (Alternative Troy Tate mix from 1983 - newly discovered and different from all the others offered before!)
4. Miserable Lie - (Alternative Troy Tate mix from 1983 - newly discovered and different from all the others offered before!)
5. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle - (Alternative Troy Tate mix from 1983 - newly discovered and different from all the others offered before!)
6. I Don’t Owe You Anything - (Sandy Shaw sings in session with The Smiths on Radio One’s Saturday Live, 14th April 1984)
7. Jeanne - (Sandy Shaw sings in session with The Smiths on Radio One’s Saturday Live, 14th April 1984)
8. Half A Person - (John Peel session versions, broadcast 17th December 1986)
9. Sweet & Tender Hooligan - (John Peel session versions, broadcast 17th December 1986)
10. Is It Really So Strange? - (John Peel session version, broadcast 17th December 1986)
11. London - (John Peel session versions, broadcast 17th December 1986)
12. What Difference Does It Make - (Alternative mix from the aborted 1983 Troy Tate sessions - different from all the others previously discovered!)
13. Accept Yourself - (Alternative mix from the aborted 1983 Troy Tate sessions - different from all the others previously discovered!)
14. Wonderful Woman - (Alternative mix from the aborted 1983 Troy Tate sessions - different from all the others previously discovered!)
15. You’ve Got Everything Now - (Unreleased cut from the radio broadcast at Amsterdam De Meervaart Hall, 21st April 1984)
16. I Keep Mine Hidden - (From their last studio session, 1987)
17. Work Is A Four Letter Word - (From their last studio sessions, 1987)
18. What’s The World - (Live from Glasgow, Barrowlands 25th September 1985)
19. Money Changes Everything - (Rare instrumental, recorded 1987)
20. Hand In Glove - (Featuring Sandie Shaw on lead vocals)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've never seen this CD before - I assume that the person who put this CD together got most of it from here :) And the seller doesn't look like a fan, more like a dealer.

Thanks in anticipation

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-SMITHS-RA...goryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is double CD featuring rare demos, b-sides, unreleased and alternate tracks by Morrissey and The Smiths. Tracks are:

DISC ONE:
1. Miserable Lie - (John Peel session, broadcast 1st June 1983, a superior recording to that issued officially)
6. Bigmouth Strikes Again - (Performed live on The Old Grey Whistle Test, 20th May 1986)
7. Vicar In A Tutu - (Performed live on The Old Grey Whistle Test, 20th May 1986)
8. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - (Live session from The Eurotube, 5th July 1986)
10. Sheila Take A Bow - (Last ever live performance on The Tube, 10th April, 1987)
11. Shoplifters Of The World Unite - (Last ever live performance on The Tube, 10th April, 1987)
12. Unloveable #1 - (Rare soundcheck recordings from Inverness Eden Court, 1st October 1985)
13. Unloveable #2 - (Rare soundcheck recordings from Inverness Eden Court, 1st October 1985)
14. Wonderful Woman - (Unreleased Kid Jensen session version recorded 26th June 1983)
15. Girl Afraid - (Live in Glasgow, 2nd March 1984 from NME Department Of Enjoyment cassette)
16. Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now - (Different studio mix from Earsay, broadcast 31st March 1984)
17. How Soon Is Now - (Ultra-rare otherwise unreleased version from withdrawn Italian 12" pressing of William It Was Really Nothing)
18. William It Was Really Nothing - (John Peel session version broadcast 9th October 1984)
19. Jeanne - (Rare soundcheck recordings from Dundee Caird Hall, 26th September 1985)
20. What’s The World - (Rare soundcheck recordings from Dundee Caird Hall, 26th September 1985)
21. Asleep - (Very rare Morrissey performance - Rare soundcheck recordings from Inverness Eden Court, 1st October 1985)

DISC TWO:
2. What Do You See In Him - (Early version of Wonderful Woman from the Manchester Hacienda, 4th February 1983)
3. Reel Around The Fountain - (Alternative Troy Tate mix from 1983 - newly discovered and different from all the others offered before!)
4. Miserable Lie - (Alternative Troy Tate mix from 1983 - newly discovered and different from all the others offered before!)
5. The Hand That Rocks The Cradle - (Alternative Troy Tate mix from 1983 - newly discovered and different from all the others offered before!)
6. I Don’t Owe You Anything - (Sandy Shaw sings in session with The Smiths on Radio One’s Saturday Live, 14th April 1984)
7. Jeanne - (Sandy Shaw sings in session with The Smiths on Radio One’s Saturday Live, 14th April 1984)
9. Sweet & Tender Hooligan - (John Peel session versions, broadcast 17th December 1986)
10. Is It Really So Strange? - (John Peel session version, broadcast 17th December 1986)
12. What Difference Does It Make - (Alternative mix from the aborted 1983 Troy Tate sessions - different from all the others previously discovered!)
13. Accept Yourself - (Alternative mix from the aborted 1983 Troy Tate sessions - different from all the others previously discovered!)
14. Wonderful Woman - (Alternative mix from the aborted 1983 Troy Tate sessions - different from all the others previously discovered!)
15. You’ve Got Everything Now - (Unreleased cut from the radio broadcast at Amsterdam De Meervaart Hall, 21st April 1984)

It's another one of these!!! Give me a day or two and I'll get them all together so you don't have to get them from Ebay.

Peter

It's another one of these!!! Give me a day or two and I'll get them all together so you don't have to get them from Ebay.

Peter

Thanks, Pete.

I am not sure that the tracks listed as newly discovered really are.
I would suggest you start at akiraware where you should be able to download most of these from the following boots.

Reel Around the Fountain
Unloveable
You Just Havent Earned it Yet Baby
Wonderful Woman
Asleep

Also look for Eager to B Held and Vinyl Rarities Boots

Thanks in anticipation

DISC ONE:

DISC TWO:

This particular seller has sold loads of these over the last couple of years... I bought one from him for $19 three years ago - it's a good quality item. He generally lists one at a time - as soon as one sells, he will put another one on eBay. If you fancy it - don't bid too high! - wait for one to go cheaply.

This particular seller has sold loads of these over the last couple of years... I bought one from him for $19 three years ago - it's a good quality item. He generally lists one at a time - as soon as one sells, he will put another one on eBay. If you fancy it - don't bid too high! - wait for one to go cheaply.

Well, that's all very well, and I can see why this seller does this, but the answer for users of this forum is to ask nicely, and someone will generally upload stuff. I'll pay for official releases on Ebay, and have done many times, but I think it's a bit cheeky to keep reselling these cds when fans could be helping fans with these non-commercial songs. I'm not denigrating what the seller does, just trying to highlight the other options available on this site.

Peter

Well, that's all very well, and I can see why this seller does this, but the answer for users of this forum is to ask nicely, and someone will generally upload stuff. I'll pay for official releases on Ebay, and have done many times, but I think it's a bit cheeky to keep reselling these cds when fans could be helping fans with these non-commercial songs. I'm not denigrating what the seller does, just trying to highlight the other options available on this site.

Peter

Fair enough Peter.. It's just some people still like the hardware, and - like me - don't download. I was just pointing out the fact that this member sells a lot of this item, and if any members of the Forum happened to think it's a rare Cd, and were planning a decent bid - then it's not.

Fair enough Peter.. It's just some people still like the hardware, and - like me - don't download. I was just pointing out the fact that this member sells a lot of this item, and if any members of the Forum happened to think it's a rare Cd, and were planning a decent bid - then it's not.

Fair dos. Different strokes and all that.

Peter

I am not sure that the tracks listed as newly discovered really are.
I would suggest you start at akiraware where you should be able to download most of these from the following boots.

Reel Around the Fountain
Unloveable
You Just Havent Earned it Yet Baby
Wonderful Woman
Asleep

Also look for Eager to B Held and Vinyl Rarities Boots

I've never found this site easy to use...downloading each song individually rather than as albums...really messes up my library! Plus I keep clicking on the wrong images...guess it's my age :(

Well, that's all very well, and I can see why this seller does this, but the answer for users of this forum is to ask nicely, and someone will generally upload stuff. ...

Peter

Well, if no one on here uploads it, I will carry on watching it, buy it at the right price and then do the honours of uploading it for the masses (well the few who download from here :) )

The original one I saw went for just over $20, it's back up at $10, with $7 P&P - with the current state of the dollar that's about £2.50 :) :)

now available in the download forum!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom