Request: Public Image Guitar Tab

Lucas Has a Cat

One Orange Cat
Hello

I would very much like to play "Public Image." It isn't terribly difficult, but I have no ear for discerning chords. Is there any such discerning individual who would be willing to help figure out the chords to this beautiful song? Thank you in advance for any assistance!

-Lucas

Hello

I would very much like to play "Public Image." It isn't terribly difficult, but I have no ear for discerning chords. Is there any such discerning individual who would be willing to help figure out the chords to this beautiful song? Thank you in advance for any assistance!

-Lucas

Our band does this. I'll ask Steve, the guitarist, to help you out. This is from a rehearsal...http://soundcloud.com/plastic-letters/public-image-ltd

As I recall it's variants on a D-shape played two frets higher, i.e an E. You can see Keith Levine picking it out on the video, but's it's not too clear.

P.

Last edited:
Our band does this. I'll ask Steve, the guitarist, to help you out. This is from a rehearsal...http://soundcloud.com/plastic-letters/public-image-ltd

As I recall it's variants on a D-shape played two frets higher, i.e an E. You can see Keith Levine picking it out on the video, but's it's not too clear.

P.

I think he may be refering to Morrissey's song the public image, refering to it as beautiful is the give away.

I think he may be refering to Morrissey's song the public image, refering to it as beautiful is the give away.

Oh feck, you're probably right, what with this being a Moz forum and all. I'm a dolt. I'll work the other one out. In my defence, the Moz version is called "THE Public Image", but that's no excuse, really.

P.

Right - it goes like this; standard tuning, capo 2nd fret.

"When I'm dead...": C Cmaj7 Am A#
"Here lies...": F Dm Am G
"Five percent...": C Cmaj7 Am A#
"And ninety-five...": F Dm Am A7
"What you see...": Dm G C Cmaj9 Am
"And, what you get..." D F E7
"But, just be careful..." Am Dm G C Cmaj9 Am D
"Because they are..." F G

All the above repeated 4 times for the verses and then...

And so on...until the outro, which is: A A# G Em repeated 3 times, and to finish, A A# G D

Hope this is OK,

P.

Last edited:
Uncleskinny,

Thanks so much and such a quick reply, too. I really appreciate it. I'm going to begin working on this right away. Take care, sir and thanks again!

-Lucas

Back
Top Bottom