Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" now ?

Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace&q

• bonus: mixed reviews, low sales, hate expressed, has made me realize this album is a piece of shit!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" n

It's worse the second time- because we listened having known what it sounded like the first time.

This is true

Re: Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" n

The 19% don't know what they're missing.

My father always says "I, who expect 'nothing' - am seldom disappointed."

Still loving it. I've only listened to a couple of other records since it came out. I can honestly say that's never happened before. And my daughter hasn't tired of it yet, either, and she has the attention span of a seven-year-old (because she's seven). She's still loving the pure pop triumvirate of Staircase, Bullfighter and Kiss Me.

It's a great record.

Mountjoy is my current favourite. I love everything about that song.

Last edited:

Still listen to it every day.

I really didn't like this record much at all the first few times I listened except for a couple of songs. Ringleader for me as well was a struggle, I even had to leave it for a while. it was not until I heard the songs live I realised how good they were, I think the muddy production killed that album for me to start with although I have also grown to like that now too,

World Peace is different altogether though. It really is a difficult record, more so even than Southpaw. I think time will prove this to be one of the oddest records in Morrissey's discography. It has a real darkness to it in places, way more than Vauxhall. Mountjoy has no hope whatsoever to it.

I however kept getting drawn back to the record again and again and now think it is a fantastic but flawed record. Definitely glad I stuck with it.

See, I remember thoroughly enjoying Southpaw when it came out. It ripped right in and had a sound that I had not expected before but in a positive way. In retrospect it was actually an album ahead of its time. World Peace is None of Your Business bores me. I listen to it and it seems to go on forever without a focus. Now, keep in mind that this is coming from someone that goes to as many Phish shows as possible and again, I thoroughly enjoyed "The Teachers are Afraid of the Pupils" as I listened to that song wanting to see where it was going... WPINOYB... it is boring to me.

I don't really know where else to ask this and it's bugging me - what is Morrissey saying at end of WPINOYB and beginning of Istanbul?

It sucks

It's interesting to note how people are mentioning their young children loving the new album.

I think it's OK / pretty good. But nowhere near the intellectual level and and mystery I find in the early solo albums and The Smiths. The lyrics are very literal and the subtle literary references few and far between. I get the feeling that if Goddard were to reissue Mozipedia, the entries for songs off World Peace... would be fairly short.

I don't really know where else to ask this and it's bugging me - what is Morrissey saying at end of WPINOYB and beginning of Istanbul?

He's not saying anything in either of the songs. Istanbul starts with a prayer from god knows who and WPINOYB ends with Gustavo. What he's actually saying I have no idea.

Still listen to it every day.

I am sorry to say that my opinion of this album has changed. I love it even more now!

But then i am a sheep who can't think for himself.

He's not saying anything in either of the songs. Istanbul starts with a prayer from god knows who and WPINOYB ends with Gustavo. What he's actually saying I have no idea.

Nor do I... but I like it.

The intro to Istanbul sounds like a generic Imam to me...

my opinion of the album has not changed AND I like the album...

I am sorry to say that my opinion of this album has changed. I love it even more now!

But then i am a sheep who can't think for himself.

That's fair enough. Could have sworn end of World Peace is SPM though. I recognise that drone anywhere.

Thanks for the reply.

The album is a flop, no ones even talking about it anymore, (except the die hards on here). Peaked at #2 in uk charts and quickly withered away as if it never happened, forgotten and left no impression whatsoever. The only morrissey album that truly disappoints me.

Borefest

Back
Top Bottom