Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" now ?

Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace&q

• bonus: mixed reviews, low sales, hate expressed, has made me realize this album is a piece of shit!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" n

The album is a flop, no ones even talking about it anymore, (except the die hards on here). Peaked at #2 in uk charts and quickly withered away as if it never happened, forgotten and left no impression whatsoever. The only morrissey album that truly disappoints me.
It's not over, the songs aren't over, the album isn't over, the songs are seeds - you should know this by now; Unless your just going to be a turd, it could be over for you.

Re: Reviews in. Haters have hated. You have debated. 2 weeks on what do you think of "World Peace" n

It's not over, the songs aren't over, the album isn't over, the songs are seeds - you should know this by now; Unless your just going to be a turd, it could be over for you.

I know it's over, no really i do. Trying to drag it out, prolong the misery with french 7" releases and such like. f*** off being a twat.

That's fair enough. Could have sworn end of World Peace is SPM though. I recognise that drone anywhere.

Thanks for the reply.

At first listen i thought it was him only because it usually is but now I know the song better it's obvious it's someone else. It also sounds like the person is speaking backwards.

I don't really know where else to ask this and it's bugging me - what is Morrissey saying at end of WPINOYB and beginning of Istanbul?

End of WPINOYB:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...nging-(ghostly)-at-the-end-of-the-WPINOB-song

"Paz mundial es asunto que no te concierne," the title in Spanish. I agree with those who think it's Gustavo singing, not Morrissey.

Edited to add that I'm still listening to the album daily, and am in love with it more and more. It's not over, not by a longshot...

Last edited:

Morrissey will be devastated, of course.

i dont think the comment was intended to devastate anyone, merely putting his/her opinion on the thread, (which if you hadnt noticed, is asking for peoples opinions on the album) So whats with the bitchy f***ing comments?

End of WPINOYB:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...nging-(ghostly)-at-the-end-of-the-WPINOB-song

"Paz mundial es asunto que no te concierne," the title in Spanish. I agree with those who think it's Gustavo singing, not Morrissey.

Edited to add that I'm still listening to the album daily, and am in love with it more and more. It's not over, not by a longshot...

Thanks for this. I knew it had been asked somewhere but I am very lazy and I still cannot speak French.

Weird Piece Of Naan In Your Breadbin is as awful today as it was the first time I heard it.

The album is still fresh for me. I can't stop listening to it. When I'm driving and Vauxhall (in disc changer) comes on after they compliment each other perfectly. For me it's always a slow build towards what makes the album great. It's that second half that really connects with me and then of course there are the bonus tracks(his bonus/B-sides are typically his best work) as well.
"I'm not a man", "Staircase", "Bullfighter","Kiss me a lot", "Kick the Bride","Oboe Concerto",
"One of Our Own" , "Drag the River" ,"Forgive Someone" , "Julie in the Weeds" ,"Art-Hounds"... Are all stand out tracks.

Another week has passed... listened to it on the train today... still sucks.

loving it more each day. its kinda interesting still to me the way the album opens up in the middle and is book ended with the longer denser songs so to speak. definitely not a singles album but its so good as a whole listen. i think im not a man is my fav right now. really really want to hear it live so i hope hes coming back to baltimore as we got sooo close the last time.

Still only about 16% that either like it less or loathe it making up 2%. Pretty good result if you ask me.

Still only about 16% that either like it less or loathe it making up 2%. Pretty good result if you ask me.

Where you getting your numbers from? The 49 people that have voted? Lol

I'd say this is now my second favourite Morrissey record, the first being V&I.

It stands head and shoulders above YOR, YATQ and ROTT. I really like all three of those records but WPINOYB is in another league entirely. It's an intense and often joyous album.

Love it.

Apologies for all the initials. Lazy. :o

Let me guess, the mouse has just farted on his keyboard again?

Shit then, shit now... much like Ringleader of the Tormentors.

I think it is a good album. The bonus tracks make it a stunning album. I'd certainly replace many tracks on the basic album with the extra ones, if I were to make a one disc cd. I love it...

Back
Top Bottom