Rick Astley Twitter: Rick Astley & Blossoms perform the songs of The Smiths - 2 Smiths-themed concerts in October (September 14, 2021)

IMG_20210914_174101.jpg

Further to today's coverage of their Smiths covers, Rick Astley & Blossoms are playing 2 special Smiths-themed gigs in October.
Thanks to @davidt for the information.
Confirmed via ticket outlets:

(Link courtesy of @Uncleskinny)

full

Tweet posted by Surface:

Related item:
Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Rick Astley can pack a 3,000 seat venue for singing Smiths' songs, this means that Morrissey & Marr could sell out 50,000 seat stadiums all over the UK.

One day goodbye will be farewell and one day it'll be too late. People under 45 didn't have the chance to see the Smiths in flesh, can't they bury the hatchet. If Morrissey can forgive vile comments of Kristeen Young, there's hope he'll do the same with Johnny.

If Rick Astley can pack a 3,000 seat venue for singing Smiths' songs, this means that Morrissey & Marr could sell out 50,000 seat stadiums all over the UK.
There's no question about that in the first place. Look how many tickets the Stone Roses shifted for their reunion. There would likely be twice as much interest in a Smiths reunion. They could probably sell out a stadium tour of America they way their popularity has exploded in the last 20 years.

The question is why would any true fan want it? I didnt see them first time round (was 14 when they split up) but I would have no interest in seeing them now. Band reunions never fail to tarnish a band's legacy. Just look at the Sex Pistols. Blimey, even the Libertines looked washed up and sad when they reunited and they'd only been apart for about six years.

The Smiths were the most perfect band ever. Let's keep it that way.

I don't get it. This is a joke right?

All your favourite beautifully crafted Smiths songs drawn from a deep well of creativity that we aren't likely to ever see or of hear again in any other artist performed by a guy who made a living singing about nothing whatsoever.

What's not to love?

Last edited:

One day goodbye will be farewell and one day it'll be too late. People under 45 didn't have the chance to see the Smiths in flesh, can't they bury the hatchet. If Morrissey can forgive vile comments of Kristeen Young, there's hope he'll do the same with Johnny.
Oh a hatchet will be buried alright, right smack on Joyce's bonce.

Exactly!! What does Morrissey have to do with R Astley other than being together in a photo

Surprised it’s the Albert Hall in Manchester as Blossoms have a big following around Greater Manchester and sold out 2 nights at Victoria Warehouse last time around. My youngest loves Blossoms as well as The Smiths/Morrissey so it’s going to be great for her.

Best rickroll ever when they open with the intro to "This Charming Man" and then play "Never Gonna Give You Up" on repeat for the next hour and a half.

But will Johnny forgive Moz's vile comments? Doubtful.

I remember posting this in the 'strange' thread back in May:

This is embarrassing.... Blossoms are shit and as for the other guy..... deary me

Good luck to them. I don't have a problem with it and count myself as blessed for twice having seen The Smiths.
One thing for sure is it's really brought the Morrissey haters out on social media.

I don't want to see a middle-aged Marr and Morrissey perform songs written nearly 40 years ago, I wouldn't have even wanted to see it in 2009 when it was more likely to happen

It will sound fine, but at the end of the day this is just a way to get their careers (Blossoms & RA) back on track (both of which have been attempting a comeback in the mainstream for a while now).

The odd cover here or there in the middle of a concert is fine, but doing concerts solely based around songs you neither wrote, nor performed, when you aren't a tribute band, is weird. Moz certainly isn't going to do another good Smiths performance but leave it to cover acts and tribute bands in all honesty, tour your own music.

Last edited:
It will sound fine, but at the end of the day this is just a way to get their careers (Blossoms & RA) back on track (both of which have been attempting a comeback in the mainstream for a while now).

The odd cover here or there in the middle of a concert is fine, but doing concerts solely based around songs you neither wrote, nor performed, when you aren't a tribute band, is weird. Moz certainly isn't going to do another good Smiths performance but leave it to cover acts and tribute bands in all honesty, tour your own music.

Blossoms had a number 1 album last year and are playing The MEN on Saturday night which has a capacity of 21K. Not sure why you think they have to do The Smiths thing to get their career back on track?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom