Ricky Gervais on those who don't play The Smiths for political reasons

RG is cool. Responsible for some of the funniest comedy to come out of Britain in recent decades. Like all good fools - pokes fun at received wisdom and closed minds.

Why is it that people who say tacky things like “free speech warrior” always misunderstand what “free speech” actually is?

He wasn't referring to FB's official views either, he was referring to David Vance, a right-wing tweeter who uses crime stat breakdowns on gang violence to make a case against liberal multiculturalism.

Anne Marie's orbiting that circuit because she became overly concerned about Sharia Law... a lot of other feminist left-wingers can be linked to him too because they were chucked out of their Twitter tribe because of the gender issue.

A lot of wedge issues are pushing people to the right because the left casts them out & the right scoops them up. Even if they stay on the left they'll probably be labelled right-wing or far right anyway.
Surely skinny wasn't trying to manipulate?

Good for you. I'm not sure you'll like what you find - this is the post I was referring to, but one look at his Twitter feed and you'll see loads more. He is a party spokesman, and has spoken at their 'conferences'.

AaRadU9.jpg

The line about joining them for their animal rights stance - I've heard it before and it's completely specious. Why not join the Greens? No, he had to join the ones who hate anyone non-white.
Oh now you're trying to groom people into your way of thinking, you sad piece of shit. Disgraceful.

Oh now you're trying to groom people into your way of thinking, you sad piece of shit. Disgraceful.

Also by his logic no one needs to have been in the Labour Party - to give one example of Guilt By Association, Skrewdriver have a song about Zionists manipulating UK politics & Labour has this ?
20200521_215931.jpg

Or one of our 'outriders' having to apologise for not researching (or caring) about a smear enough, so there's this ?
20200521_220126.jpg

The Greens have issues too, but it's a long story.

What exactly are his flaws that you graciously love him in spite of?

I said. Being a Diva - tantrums, disappearing acts, not taking good advice, having zero filter, handing his reputation over to his nephew, boycotting & suing the press, kiboshing expensive photos shoots...

But I also think it's quite heroic. He is an Epic Public Mess with no safety net.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ricky Gervais is a comedy legend, and an incessant animal rights champion. That's 'his thing' more than it is for Moz nowadays. I'm sure Ricky was inspired by Meat is Murder etc and will always have a place in his heart for Moz - as long as he doesn't lose all remaining sense and announce he's started eating meat.

I said. Being a Diva - tantrums, disappearing acts, not taking good advice, having zero filter, handing his reputation over to his nephew, boycotting & suing the press, kiboshing expensive photos shoots...

But I also think it's quite heroic. He is an Epic Public Mess with no safety net.

There's nothing epic or heroic about saying stuff off the top of your head just to upset people, ruining your legacy, turning off longtime fans and destroying your record sales and getting no airplay. I forgot losing your recording contract and turning your website into a quagmire of stale conspiracy theories.

Gervais simply points out the hypocrisy and intolerance of the left......you have to admit...sooner or later, this is all not going to end well, the next war will not be over religion, oil, or even race, it will be right vs. left... the partisan divide is simply too fractured not to correct itself.

There's nothing epic or heroic about saying stuff off the top of your head just to upset people, ruining your legacy, turning off longtime fans and destroying your record sales and getting no airplay. I forgot losing your recording contract and turning your website into a quagmire of stale conspiracy theories.

Yes, there is.

There is nothing more heroic in art than throwing yourself into the flaming pit of public outrage. Even if it's by accident.

It's up there with getting banned. Or denounced by The Pope. Or getting the headline Stop This Plague of Pink Plays.

The left has lost their minds and there's no sign of them finding them anytime soon. Making the right look like the sensible ones is something I'd never thought they'd be capable of. So now that the left and right are both equally insane where does a thinking person sit?

He didn't mention Piccadilly palate. f***** c***?

Top bloke, Ricky. The post-production company I was working at years ago did a lot of the ADR for the first series of The Office. He was often in and out and was brilliant with everybody.

Sorry, I've just realised that this sounds almost as ludicrous and awful as Skinny's 'I met Brian May on a plane' story...anyway, no surprise that Ricky values the music given his background. He was once sort of but not quite manager of Suede for a while, fact fans!
Yer I remember the suede thing, yes I agree, top bloke, I get the impression he’s one of those celebs that are just themselves when the camera stops, also like Ricky Tomlinson, and John Le messier...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom