Rik Mayall/The Young Ones/Bottom/Drop Dead Fred

D

DAVIE

I had to make a thread about the legend...Rik Mayall
Funniest Comedian and Comic Actor in Britain and best slapstick actor there is! I adore the man and I hope he gets back onto our screens very soon as I miss the legend! :thumb:

I LOVE the Young Ones!!! One of my favorite tv shows. Rick and Vyvyan are so funny. Yesterday I was at Rhino Records going through the button box and I saw a Young Ones button and I gasped and was like "Yes!" After I realized I must have looked like a freak, but I was so happy.

YEY! Vyvyan and Rick constantly fighting an endless battle is brill! They really should have stayed the same characters in Bottom and Flithy, Rich and Catflap because they always tend to say the same stuff and do the same things! Violence is the main one!

I love all that stuff. My favourite episode of Filthy, Rich and Catflap
is the one where Eddie and Richie have to be at the tv studio at 4.00am
and after a failed attempt at playing "Triv" where Richie is so jealous
of Eddie, they end up going out on a :- "Lager Frenzy"....:thumb:

mauve21, what about the first episode when they killed all the milkmen and Richie has to pretend to be one and Eddie sets up the whole pregnancy scam against him....CLASSIC!
Hey Billy, when is Rick never attacking Eddie with the pliers?

Comedy genius. I had a crush on Rik Mayall when I was about 12/13 and my sister quite fancied him as well. Bottom and The Young Ones being the best. Drop Dead Fred was an excellent film.

The film Guest House Paradiso had me in stitches especially when Rik finds that rubber outfit in a guest's suitcase and tries it on...

I love all the episodes of Bottom, Eddie dressing up as woman when they went to that hotel, when the gas man comes and the one where they go to the pub and try it on with those girls.

The Young Ones, I think was my favourite, I liked Neil he was funny. I liked it when they went on University Challenge. Do they still show these programmes because I never see them on. They used to be on UK Gold or something. I haven't watched them for so long.

I only ever watched about 1 or 2 of Filthy Rich and Catflap as it was hardly ever on when I first found out about it.

Comedy genius. I had a crush on Rik Mayall when I was about 12/13 and my sister quite fancied him as well. Bottom and The Young Ones being the best. Drop Dead Fred was an excellent film.

The film Guest House Paradiso had me in stitches especially when Rik finds that rubber outfit in a guest's suitcase and tries it on...

I love all the episodes of Bottom, Eddie dressing up as woman when they went to that hotel, when the gas man comes and the one where they go to the pub and try it on with those girls.

The Young Ones, I think was my favourite, I liked Neil he was funny. I liked it when they went on University Challenge. Do they still show these programmes because I never see them on. They used to be on UK Gold or something. I haven't watched them for so long.

I only ever watched about 1 or 2 of Filthy Rich and Catflap as it was hardly ever on when I first found out about it.

Didnt they kill the gas man with a frying pan? The christmas one was good too with gold,frankenstein and grrrr :lbf:

mauve21, what about the first episode when they killed all the milkmen and Richie has to pretend to be one and Eddie sets up the whole pregnancy scam against him....CLASSIC!
Hey Billy, when is Rick never attacking Eddie with the pliers?

Yeh, that was hilarious and Filthy always calls them "daughter".
I love their shirt fronts that they put on whenever they have to go out.
When my internet gets back up to speed I'll be getting the whole series.

Haha, in one of the episodes the shop is through the house! It's really quite strange because in another episode they had to travel to the supermarket when they have a shop in the house anyway! :lbf:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7fJR0-eyOpY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7fJR0-eyOpY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Who'd have thought they'd get married? eh? :)
I don't think all of the Dangerous Brothers stuff was greatly funny, but it certainly inspired their Bottom and Young Ones stories

I love it when Richie calls Spudgun a great vat of dripping, and when Richie and Eddie drive to Wolverhampton and they steal beers and crisps "This is like Thelma and Louise!"

Did anyone hear Rik's Noble England song? Funny song, but shouldn't have been done for the World Cup!

Back
Top Bottom