Morrissey Central RINGLEADER DELUXE ! (July 17, 2020)

Morrissey’s third UK number 1 album ‘Ringleader of the Tormentors’ will be issued this year by BMG for the first time.The album is presently being ‘rebooted’ by producer Tony Visconti and will feature more sections by Ennio Morricone and his orchestra from the 2005 sessions in Rome, plus a photographic booklet.The original album featured four UK hit singles, ‘You Have Killed Me’ (Number 3), ‘The Youngest Was The Most Loved’(Number 14), ‘In The Future When All’s Well’ (Number 17), ‘I Just Want To See The Boy Happy’ (Number 16).

full

can we just get WPINOYB (deluxe) on spotify please? i need art hounds and staircase at the university on my summer playlist already. jfc.

He doesn't see it as a problem if he's getting the royalties. Remember his little rant against the Smiths' album box-set? His primary complaint about it was that all the money was going to 'that wretched drummer.' See also the 'Live at the Hollywood Bowl' DVD.

One of my friends got kicked in the groin by Boy George over a money dispute. Musicians & comedians are serious about getting their cash!

can we just get WPINOYB (deluxe) on spotify please? i need art hounds and staircase at the university on my summer playlist already. jfc.
Dlx is a great album to anyone with a sane mind.

Guilt by implication/association

The deluxe version of World Peace gets a 9 out of 10 from me. It’s a rock solid classic and it’s a crime that it has been deleted.

I found the deluxe version of World Peace quite dispiriting. There are three songs I can think of that could be swapped with any of the bonus tracks and it would be a much better album.

(Neal Cassidy Drops Dead, I'm Not A Man and Smiler With Knife should anyone care)

I can think of no other lyrics that Morrissey must regret as much as:

"Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!
Re-evaluate the songs
Double-pack with a photograph
Extra track (and a tacky badge)..."

I said this earlier in the thread but that was quite some time ago, I don't think it's relevant these days. Reissued vinyl is just a collector's item like a poster or a 'Funko doll' and the music can just be streamed so you can listen if you're curious and it requires no outlay.

I found the deluxe version of World Peace quite dispiriting. There are three songs I can think of that could be swapped with any of the bonus tracks and it would be a much better album.

(Neal Cassidy Drops Dead, I'm Not A Man and Smiler With Knife should anyone care)
I care, it’s an interesting substitution choice. I love all of those songs. Only Kick the Bride irks me on the standard edition.

The deluxe version of World Peace gets a 9 out of 10 from me. It’s a rock solid classic and it’s a crime that it has been deleted.
Deleted from where?
Maybe you should go & check the Sisterama thread.

I can’t get it on Apple Music. So it’s available elsewhere?
Nope. I don't think there is any way of getting it digitally or on streaming. I ripped it from my CD copy.

A nice soul uploaded it to YouTube though. And like Mozmar said, it's in the Sisterama collection.

I had the same problem with dlx LIHS, couldn't get it anywhere, but luckily d-r uploaded the files yesterday.

I have to admit today that "Dear god" is the beginning of my problems with the late Morrissey. The hype about this collaboration with Morricone was almost unbearable. But the song and the arrangement never really reached me. Morrissey sings very high (which doesn't always work in his latter-day phase for me), the lyrics are "difficult" and the orchestra seems to me as if it was added afterwards, without any real connection to the song. It was probably supposed to be the highlight of the Rome-inspired record, but unfortunately, for me, it wasn't.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom