RIP George Carlin

iamkali62

This has probably already been posted, but...

I was shocked right now to see on the MSN page that good ol' George Carlin died today at the age of 71! You old school people might remember him; I thought he was witty and told the truth. Comedy is a strange business. Here's to you, George, and the 10 (or was it more) things you can't say on tv! (well, South Park didn't exist back then) Goodnight!:D

Re: This has probably already been posted, but...

I was shocked right now to see on the MSN page that good ol' George Carlin died today at the age of 71! You old school people might remember him; I thought he was witty and told the truth. Comedy is a strange business. Here's to you, George, and the 10 (or was it more) things you can't say on tv! (well, South Park didn't exist back then) Goodnight!:D

I think it was 7. RIP George.

Re: This has probably already been posted, but...

I also believe it was seven.

Bu-bye, Rufus! :o

f*** .... Such sad news. An absolute genius, one of the forefathers of alternative American comedy. He will be sorely missed.

Oh f***, another great man dies. I was lucky enough to have been raised around the Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television. :(

RIP George. :tears: This truely is horrible news. I always wanted my father to meet him. Not because my dad was his biggest fan, but because I think they are pretty much the same person. If there is one person more sarcastic, insulting, and cynical than my dad, it was Carlin. Perhaps Mr. Skinner should take over for him. Looks just like him too.

Very sad news. I think one of the first shows he was on was The Flip Wilson Show. I'm pretty sure most of you here don't know that show since it was on back in the late 1960s. You should check it out on YouTube if there are any clips. George Carlin was so clean cut looking back then. Didn't he also have a show a few years ago on FOX. As I remember it was good. I'll try to remember what the name of the show was.

Very, very sad day. :tears:

Carlin was a genius - we quote him all the time around here.

A real free-thinker, and a thorn in the side of mass stupidity, mediocrity and hypocrisy. He was one excellent American. :guitar:

If there were an afterlife, he would be hanging out with Bill Hicks and Ambrose Bierce, I'm sure.

Damn, I'm gonna miss him. :tears:

I'm glad I got to see him perform live.

I quoted him here like 2 days ago.

Anaesthesine pretty much summed up my thoughts excactly... even the Hicks/Bierce and the "if there were an afterlife" part is right on.

Very sad news. I think one of the first shows he was on was The Flip Wilson Show. I'm pretty sure most of you here don't know that show since it was on back in the late 1960s. You should check it out on YouTube if there are any clips. George Carlin was so clean cut looking back then. Didn't he also have a show a few years ago on FOX. As I remember it was good. I'll try to remember what the name of the show was.

I'm old enough to remember The Flip Wilson show ("The Devil Made Me Do It!" LOL you're right; George Carlin WAS clean cut looking. I don't remember the name of the show on Fox either but maybe Wiki has listings. Goodness, the Flip Wilson show reminds me of the Smothers Brothers :p

Very sad news.

My favorite memory as a child was my older brother playing a borrowed version of his comedy album "Class Clown" while my parents were out of the house.

Funny stuff.

513F1Jk4rnL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

So sad, I heard it on the radio this morning while driving into work, loudly *gasped* then felt very :( I told my dh tonight and his reaction was a gasp and an "OMG!"

George was unique -a favorite comedian of so many and a great comic curmudgeon :p. Look at his website ('revised' 7 famous words) http://www.georgecarlin.com/home/home.html aww...

RIP and let 'er rip, GC ;)

“ Shit, Piss, f***, c***, Cocksucker, Motherf***er, Tits. ”
— George Carlin

Back
Top Bottom