Russell Brand posts on Twitter what Morrissey wrote for his Hollywood High introduction

@rustyrockets / Twitter (3:07 PM - 11 Sep 13):

I introduced Morrissey on stage at one of his gigs. He wrote this for me to recite.

brand_recite.jpg

The actual introduction:

Last edited by a moderator:
Russell seems like a nice person and is intelligent but he shouldn't post something so personal from morrissey on twitter :(

Intelligent ? Are you sure about that ? Russell Brain-damage is just a modern day version of the character Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady, who as Johnny Barleycorn brilliantly described goes around dressed as a gay pirate. Just another bigmouth, a man who suffers from verbal diarrea and likes the sound of his own voice.

Benny-the-Butcher

I think the thing that sticks in my craw about this Russell Brand / Hugo Boss issue is just how utterly facile his comments were. As has been pointed out it is hardly news, and the list of major German multinationals of far, far greater importance who aided what we now call "the Nazis" and they would then have then called "the government" is very long. Brand is not the only person who suffers from this modern affliction of presentism, the term historians use to describe those who judge historic events by the standards of today.

The uncomfortable truth is that the Allies and the Soviets co-opted the cream of German scientific knowledge after the war, and we have all benefitted to one degree or another from what Churchill called their "perverted science".

Psychopaths such as Mengele and others pushed the boundaries of medicine by throwing aside their Hypocratic oaths, and those findings were used after the war, with seemingly little soul searching as to how they were reached.

NASA might have still achieved their eminent place without Werner von Braun, but it would likely have cost them the space race, let alone his expertise which helped defend NATO from the Soviet Union.

My point is that alongside other organisations and individuals of the time Hugo Boss barely registers on the chart. When you put alongside that the story that Brand wore a Hugo Boss jacket at the Oscars earlier this year, the cheeky pirate's motivations seem even more curious. I assume that from now on we will never see him step out from a Mercedes or a BMW, a Volkswagen or a Ford, or drink Coca-Cola.

I would also hope that he would never sign a book deal with Random House, who published Nazi propaganda, or as they are known today "Penguin Random House".

Oh dear. How embarrassing.

I think the thing that sticks in my craw about this Russell Brand / Hugo Boss issue is just how utterly facile his comments were. As has been pointed out it is hardly news, and the list of major German multinationals of far, far greater importance who aided what we now call "the Nazis" and they would then have then called "the government" is very long. Brand is not the only person who suffers from this modern affliction of presentism, the term historians use to describe those who judge historic events by the standards of today.

The uncomfortable truth is that the Allies and the Soviets co-opted the cream of German scientific knowledge after the war, and we have all benefitted to one degree or another from what Churchill called their "perverted science".

Psychopaths such as Mengele and others pushed the boundaries of medicine by throwing aside their Hypocratic oaths, and those findings were used after the war, with seemingly little soul searching as to how they were reached.

NASA might have still achieved their eminent place without Werner von Braun, but it would likely have cost them the space race, let alone his expertise which helped defend NATO from the Soviet Union.

My point is that alongside other organisations and individuals of the time Hugo Boss barely registers on the chart. When you put alongside that the story that Brand wore a Hugo Boss jacket at the Oscars earlier this year, the cheeky pirate's motivations seem even more curious. I assume that from now on we will never see him step out from a Mercedes or a BMW, a Volkswagen or a Ford, or drink Coca-Cola.

I would also hope that he would never sign a book deal with Random House, who published Nazi propaganda, or as they are known today "Penguin Random House".

How f***ing embarrassing.
Let's tell the truth the fact Morrissey has to write his own introduction is a sign of just how staged and shite he has become.
I was at the gig and it was embarrassing the usual idiots were there. The ones who think because they are so desperate and without lives that they tour the world to see him and they are so without any form of reason that if he farted they would think it's a work of art.
Morissey now is just an indie Elton John completely shite, most of his crew can't even stand him according to the ones I spoke to.
His judgement is shot, either re his music, set lists, support act and more.
watching him that Saturday night was like watching a mentally ill old man who is look after only because they want whatever money they can grab.
Even his talentless nephew is on the garvey train.
It's a sad sad state he has got himself in. His book is number one which should show him that people are interested, people want to know what he has to say but nobody cares about his music anymore.
He should get a new band and capitalise..make a great LP but he won't he will stay trotting put the same shit he has been for years and become further subject of ridicule.
His career is just like the book in that much the book is a faithful artifact
He starts out poet rich in depth and ends up a Shit celeb like all the rest

I like Brand, mostly because he annoys establishment types so much. Every time he says something I laugh at how much he'll annoy people that annoy me.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom