Salford Star review by Ian Leslie - IANADOAC 4/5

Ian sends the link:

DOES SALFORD REALLY NEED MORRISSEY UNCHAINED? - Salford Star
By Ian Leslie

LOCKDOWN WITH MORRISSEY?

As isolation becomes the norm, do we need Morrissey, his horrid views and his new album, I am not a Dog on a Chain? Ian Lesley decides that maybe we do as the ancient crooner takes a chance and continues his move away from guitars. Maybe he should take a chance and try and swim back across the Atlantic. Whatevs.

A slight aside from your point, but I'm just looking at der spiegel interview which shows text transcript of one of the things Moz said. How relevant now this bit is, given the place of the original source of the corona virus:

View attachment 55325

That's why I defend him. When you really look at what he's trying to say, it's never the hyperbolic hate-fest it's presented as.

Yes I just noticed that...she (interviewer) asks (in relation to immigration) something like 'so do you think we should all just stay where we are?', and his response is:

View attachment 55326

I can't see anything wrong with that response at all.

I don't either.

You could argue it was a tourist mentality, that he wants to roll up & get the 'real' Spain or the 'real' England. But it's not the Nativist hate he's being accused of.

I don't either.

You could argue it was a tourist mentality, that he wants to roll up & get the 'real' Spain or the 'real' England. But it's not the Nativist hate he's being accused of.

I'm not totally sure. He's speaking in a wider sense, & I believe also for other nations whether German, English or whatever & all the suffering, sacrifice, & lives that were lost defending what had been built up over God knows how many years & through at least 2 World wars. It's a bit deeper & sincere than anything tourist related. He's not saying anything hateful.

I'm not totally sure. He's speaking in a wider sense, & I believe also for other nations whether German, English or whatever & all the suffering, sacrifice, & lives that were lost defending what had been built up over God knows how many years & through at least 2 World wars. It's a bit deeper & sincere than anything tourist related. He's not saying anything hateful.

Yeah, definitely no hate.

It's staggering the impact he can have just by saying 'A Few Wrong Things' though. One reviewer said he was relentless & yet Moz is barely seen in public & hardly ever says anything & they have to dredge up interviews from the 80s & include song titles & lyrics. ?

Yeah, definitely no hate.

It's staggering the impact he can have just by saying 'A Few Wrong Things' though. One reviewer said he was relentless & yet Moz is barely seen in public & hardly ever says anything & they have to dredge up interviews from the 80s & include song titles & lyrics. ?
It's all old hat, nothing else to reference apart from archive entries, & don't forget of course they are mischief makers...hacks gotta make a living etc.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom