Salisbury letter

spike

No time to be 21
It appears that Salisbury city hall are a bit pi**ed off about people flogging tickets. Got a letter today saying that any they haven't already sent, or that have not yet been picked up can only be collected on the night of the gig.
Not really a problem as i was gonna do that anyway, but some may suffer.
I was beginning to wonder if anyone who actually bought a ticket when they first went on sale was going because i've seen loads sold on ebay.
Anyway, anyone else got a letter?

It appears that Salisbury city hall are a bit pi**ed off about people flogging tickets. Got a letter today saying that any they haven't already sent, or that have not yet been picked up can only be collected on the night of the gig.
I was beginning to wonder if anyone who actually bought a ticket when they first went on sale was going because i've seen loads sold on ebay.

Thanks Spike, good to know what's going on although I'm not going Salisbury gig.

Totally outrageous that some touts are flogging the tickets.

Wow, that is unusual. If only all venues were as vigilant (ie doing SOMETHING) against touts.

Did you get this letter through email or regular mail? Is there any way that you could post it's contents? Thank you.

It came via snail mail but this is what it says....

Dear Customer

RE: Morrissey 25th May 7.30pm

As a purchaser of tickets for the above event we would like to inform you that additional ticketing security arrangements will be in place on the night of the concert and would like to give you advance warning of these necessary measures.

If you have your ticket(s) in your possession, please ensure that you bring them with you on the night as no ticket, no admission. If you are still to collect your ticket(s) purchased from the venue, you will now only be able to do so on the evening of the performance from the Ticket Office (please ensure that you bring the debit or credit card that used to pay for them). Ticket and other security checks will be in place on entry therefore we would advise customers to arrive in good time before the performance starts (doors open at 7 pm)

The venue management reserves the right to refuse admission to ticket holders who have purchased tickets via secondary or unauthorised sale.

We apologise for any inconvenience these measures may cause but can assure you that they are necessary to ensure the smooth running of this event and to protect all ticket holders.

And that is that!!

Thank you! It is a bit vague and confusing, but it looks like they have stopped mailing out tickets and are now holding them at the Box Office.

I can't remember where i heard or saw it (Kewpie probably can) but i'm sure i heard there were some fakes sold on ebay for Salisbury. Maybe an added precaution.

Last edited:
I can't remember where i heard or saw it (Kewpie probably can) bet i'm sure i heard there were some fakes sold on ebay for Salisbury. Maybe an added precaution.

There were fakes; I bought one! :(

Really? from where? have you managed to get another?

I bought it on ebay. I'm working on getting another. I'm keeping my fingers crossed all this works out. :o If not, I'll go to Stonehenge!:D

I can't remember where i heard or saw it (Kewpie probably can) but i'm sure i heard there were some fakes sold on ebay for Salisbury. Maybe an added precaution.

Yes, poor sweetness522 informed us about an eBay seller who is a fraudster.

Possibly some others contacted Salisbury venue about it.

I bought it on ebay. I'm working on getting another. I'm keeping my fingers crossed all this works out. :o If not, I'll go to Stonehenge!:D

Well me and the other half will be in Salisbury pretty much all day if you fancy meeting for a pint. Can't say Stonehenge is appealing to me though. lol.

I got my Salisbury tickets a few weeks ago. Nice to hear they're clamping down on fraud! Not nice to hear people have bouight fakes though.

See you in Salisbury, I'm going up in the afternoon sometime ;)

oh no, that sucks! im *crossing my fingers* that you find another ticket!(im sure you will;))

Back
Top Bottom