San Diego, CA - Copley Symphony Hall (Nov. 10, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Hold On To Your Friends / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by Alexi (scan)

Last edited:
Mando:

43402928_285017898662926_7148638051847460197_n.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Packed house!

Sing your heart out Morrissey for the Solo chatter from SD that left us all far too early many years ago.

William:

FWD.

Solid show, 2nd encore ended early by multiple stage invaders. Dedicated "life is a pigsty" to the victims of the shooting in Thousand Oaks, Ca. Sounded great, good spirits, crowd totally into it. Setlist will be posted by others soon~

Last edited:
Fantastic evening! We flew from Connecticut to go to the show and it was totally worth it.
He gave a 7” copy of “chain gang” to a lucky fan up front!
Pigsty added to the setlist.
They were selling signed copies of Your Arsenal and Vauxhall at merch booth for $150.
Show ended abruptly during second encore which was EDILS...

Last edited:
Solid show, 2nd encore ended early by multiple stage invaders. Dedicated "life is a pigsty" to the victims of the shooting in Thousand Oaks, Ca. Sounded great, good spirits, crowd totally into it. Setlist will be posted by others soon~
Shooting or fire?

Will
Alma
Lonely? You wish!
You're Strange
Moz Angeles On Fire
Nancy, Open Your Legs
Sunny (RIP)
Stupid Smiths Song
Chain
Bullfighter Dies
If you don't like Uncle Steve, f*** off foreigner
Stupid Foreigner Song

Encore. Pigsty and then I got put in a sleeper hold by some fat Mexican body guard security dude and he said "I like your shirt"

The California Son was referring to the Thousand Oaks shooting. He could of easily sold out another night in San Diego. It was more than a sell out. A lot of hangers on backstage and people around with VIP passes. I stood outside with my basketball for him to sign and Air Morrissey just got out of the Escalade with Senior PA Day-Day carrying his overnight bag and went right in. Poor Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy had to evacuate their neighborhood in Malibu for the second straight year so he appeared preoccupied and tired , but still gave a good concert and Jesse was amazing on guitar mate inn nn n n nn n n n it I reckon. Reckon me is Steved out now after 4 straight shows, but will do it again in 6 months or less for another hometown Moz Angeles show.

Last edited:
Great show! At one point the stage was entirely covered in fog and I couldn't even see Moz lol. Then not even halfway through Every Day is Like Sunday the crowd rushed the stage and he ended it (I don't blame him). Apparently some guy gotta choke hold put on him too.

I hope he brings this setlist if he comes back to the UK, much better than last year's

My perspective. Been to the SD show since 91, missing one here and there due to life, while also catching Coachella, Vegas, and an occasional LA show. My last was the Sports Arena show about 5 years ago. Tonight was a good show. Setlist was good, based on recent history, although there were some songs he chose that could have been better. Dial a Cliche?, why not I don't Mind.. or Ordinary Boys.. Nonetheless, he looked good, sounded good. Didn't finish Sunday. Come on people, we are all getting old, its not organic to re-create some of the early magic of getting on stage, you ruined it for a lot of people. Live in Dallas was a long time ago. Now, having said that, I went alone, splurged on a single $150 ticket ( kind of felt bad for whoever paid for the three kids next to me who that may have known one or two of Mom's fav;s) , center, row b center, behind about 5 deep in orchestra (how do you get those?) I crushed the schedule. Drove down from Oceanside, parked, had a few beers at the Donut Shop across the street, and headed in around 9pm. I shit you not, he came out 5 minutes later. I cannot count the shows that I have stood as close as possible, watched a wretched opening act, and stood 45 more minutes waiting for the main event. Stoked. Highlights for me tonight, William, first time I've seen that live and it was really good. Jack the Ripper, live gold, Life is a Pigsty was great. A lot of fun for me just scanning the graying crowd, seeing random people singing along to LIHS songs, and some of the obscure stuff. I had said this might be my last Moz show, but if he keeps touring, I'll probably follow. Only down side to me, after all these years, no San Diego greeting.. I look forward to his lame San Digringo puns, etc...

I just got home from San Diego . Went to the show with my younger sister and my niece. It was awesome for me. Like others have said here before stage invaders caused the show to end a bit early. That was the only down part for me .Otherwise I had a fantastic night.

looks as if the invaders killed the show, and moz was injured

Ahhh well, you can see in two of those videos that Moz was clearly punched in the face by a stage rushing zealot. Quite the failed hug there. Come, armageddon!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom