San Diego, CA - Copley Symphony Hall (Nov. 10, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Hold On To Your Friends / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by Alexi (scan)

Last edited:
What a storm in a tea cup. The guy clearly was just drunk and over-zealous. Once security had him Moz should have stayed on the stage. By walking off he has made the story grow legs...
it became too chaotic and happened so quick,was over in seconds as well.

Ok. Wow. There appear to be 5 or 6 videos of the incident, and so many here must be looking on small phones. Let me state what the evidence shows. In at least two of the videos, it clearly shows Morrissey wasn't even punch - it was close, but no contact with his face. Two, in at least on the wider shot videos shot from the balcony, the fan clearly stumbles during his approach, hence the rough appearance of his failed hug. People need to pay closer attention, and take Jesse's word that Morrissey was not punched. #punchgate
totally agree,he slips as hes moving forward.

for some people on here this will count as a cancellation as he never returned to the stage.

2 of the bandmate's partners were in the audience.
Lyn:
View attachment 46364
Nicole:
View attachment 46367
View attachment 46365

Regards,
FWD.
He's abandoned concerts before when too many fans have crashed the stage.
It's probably a protocol by security to have him leave at that point anyway, or they wouldn't be doing their job. Plus insurance probably comes into it.
From other concert footage fans who have reached out calmly even when being held back by security, have gotten a handshake.
It looks to have been a fantastic night at any rate. Morrissey has done his fans proud.

I find it hard to really see what happened despite the video with so many people in the way and surrounding Moz. Stretching out to hug someone can easily end in a punch.
Would help if the person that did this came forward IF it was accidental.

Why? The intentions of ONE person who went to a concert are not important.

Even if punching Morrissey had been his onteninte, it would still mean nothing.

In that case I refer you to the TMZ piece, which features a helpful giant red arrow pointing at Moz:
https://www.tmz.com/2018/11/11/morrissey-attacked-on-stage-concert-performance/

You may be right regarding the physical contact, but I still believe this was aan incident. Maybe someone know the Guy who did it and can have a statement from him.

Otherwise, if this was on purpose, and I assume you think the reason for that should be all recent Moz opinions and statements, this is go to show how violent actions from the ones that disagree with him can reinforce the fact that the "other side" (the one opposed to Moz) have their demons opposing the fact the ones on that side think they are all saints and that violence comes only from the other side.

So, this would be disgusting!

You may be right regarding the physical contact, but I still believe this was aan incident. Maybe someone know the Guy who did it and can have a statement from him.

Otherwise, if this was on purpose, and I assume you think the reason for that should be all recent Moz opinions and statements, this is go to show how violent actions from the ones that disagree with him can reinforce the fact that the "other side" (the one opposed to Moz) have their demons opposing the fact the ones on that side think they are all saints and that violence comes only from the other side.

So, this would be disgusting!
I didn't have an opinion either way, I was just trying to look at the footage objectively. It looked like the guy lunged at him with some force, but it also looked like he was stumbling, so I thought it could have been either scenario. But apparently the guy has now said it was an accident and he was trying to hug him, so that's that.

What f***ing meet and greet??! Based on signing some stuff once in Manila...
Yup...there was a meet and greet in 1992 or so,at the Abbey in S.D. .....that was then...this is now.
Hi Crystal Gee..Hi King Leer..Hi Raphael Lambach....Hi Allie Walls...Hi David T....Hi uncle skinny....have returned cured..sane and lucid with cogent thinking free of obcessions....

I didn't have an opinion either way, I was just trying to look at the footage objectively. It looked like the guy lunged at him with some force, but it also looked like he was stumbling, so I thought it could have been either scenario. But apparently the guy has now said it was an accident and he was trying to hug him, so that's that.

So, Im happy this was an incident... And yes, I was hoping for a objective view also, but expressed my concern about the possibility of this being an attack. Thanks for the News regarding the fan's statement.

Will
Alma
Lonely? You wish!
You're Strange
Moz Angeles On Fire
Nancy, Open Your Legs
Sunny (RIP)
Stupid Smiths Song
Chain
Bullfighter Dies
If you don't like Uncle Steve, f*** off foreigner
Stupid Foreigner Song

Encore. Pigsty and then I got put in a sleeper hold by some fat Mexican body guard security dude and he said "I like your shirt"

The California Son was referring to the Thousand Oaks shooting. He could of easily sold out another night in San Diego. It was more than a sell out. A lot of hangers on backstage and people around with VIP passes. I stood outside with my basketball for him to sign and Air Morrissey just got out of the Escalade with Senior PA Day-Day carrying his overnight bag and went right in. Poor Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy had to evacuate their neighborhood in Malibu for the second straight year so he appeared preoccupied and tired , but still gave a good concert and Jesse was amazing on guitar mate inn nn n n nn n n n it I reckon. Reckon me is Steved out now after 4 straight shows, but will do it again in 6 months or less for another hometown Moz Angeles show.

You like tits don't you?

I ye reckon the "meet and greet" in 1992 at the Abby didn't happen. The California Son walked down the stairs and then everyone rushed to the bottom of the stairwell, he put up his right hand, shook his head no, and walked back up the stairs and then back home to West Hollywood (in those days) I was there mate din't inn nn n n nn it.

I ye reckon the "meet and greet" in 1992 at the Abby didn't happen. The California Son walked down the stairs and then everyone rushed to the bottom of the stairwell, he put up his right hand, shook his head no, and walked back up the stairs and then back home to West Hollywood (in those days) I was there mate din't inn nn n n nn it.
True enough Aztec....was in the line outside and posters of a "meet and greet" up and down 6th Avenue from Maple street to University. So...we said ...why not have a go at it. But yer correct....we never met him there.

True enough Aztec...Posters of a meet N greet up and down 6th Ave for it though....So we said why not... have a go...but yer correct.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom