San Diego, CA - Copley Symphony Hall (Nov. 10, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / When You Open Your Legs / Sunny / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / The Bullfighter Dies / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / Break Up The Family / Hold On To Your Friends / Something Is Squeezing My Skull / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday

Setlist provided by Alexi (scan)

Last edited:
has morrissey ever been a "smiths fan" as the independent probably falsely assumes in the first paragraph? i have never seen solo morrissey wearing a smiths t-shirt.
or, is "fan" the latest portmanteau word for front man?

Oh you're too kind to give any thought to this bit of under-thought press. It is quite laughable that in the one attempt to clarify the whole situation, there's a silly and odd typo in its opening line. Ha. The editors of the Independent should know -- English is a language, can't they read?

has morrissey ever been a "smiths fan" as the independent probably falsely assumes in the first paragraph? i have never seen solo morrissey wearing a smiths t-shirt.
or, is "fan" the latest portmanteau word for front man?

Dear Lanterns: Morrissey stopped being a "smiths-fan" , somewhere around June -July of 1987. That's was laid to rest, as that band, so sadly passed away into a golden memory. ....Only to be reborn, resurrected from certian doom, as Morrissey. A la Viva Hate, true in its very aspect of , How, why could this happen to me...to us ? Smiths gone ? Proposterous ....indeed! Now...Morrissey is ofcourse his best fan, his best friend and his best man...sort of ....and...why not ? He's earned it. How ? Passing with As and seemingly ease, through the the test of time and nary a smudge on that golden reputation...eh Morrissey ? ...it's OK Moz ....it's OK.
Now, for the combo of two words into one and oh....I do fear the list is lengthy on the wiki site.....But true enough..there is no portmanteau of The Smiths + Morrissey.......but do give it a go and it would be synomous for, Explosions, 5 alarm fires..Bar Room Brawls....W.W 4 and more. Like that one Moz ?

Oh you're too kind to give any thought to this bit of under-thought press. It is quite laughable that in the one attempt to clarify the whole situation, there's a silly and odd typo in its opening line. Ha. The editors of the Independent should know -- English is a language, can't they read?
whats wrong with the british press? it once was a sign of distinction and extravagant sophistication in the area in which i grew up, the former british occupation zone in germany, to read a british quality paper in public or at work, and meanwhile drink a cup of earl grey tea. thats what we liked about the brits. nowadays one tries to avoid that, even online, as other people would just shake their bowed head in disbelief or vicarious embarrassment. i had an english teacher once who would have us read at least one neatly cut-out and copied article each week. would this still be possible today? i doubt it. do they still have editors who proof-read the articles? probably not.
well, we have to be fair and acknowledge that the article is carefully reproducing different opinions and observations, and not just jumping on the plebeian bandwagon of public defamation and fake news no matter what. but the botched introduction is an absolute no-go for any newspaper that wants to be considered a quality paper. but i guess thats not what they want to be any longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom