San Diego, CA - Pechanga Arena (Oct. 6, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Irish Blood, English Heart / Suedehead / Hairdresser On Fire / Spent The Day In Bed / I Am Hated For Loving / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I Wish You Lonely / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself / Back On The Chain Gang / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / Hold On To Your Friends / Speedway // What She Said

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Karina via FB.

Last edited:

Entrance.

Opened with Irish Blood, English Heart.

Morrissey and Interpol has turned out to be the tour of the year.

What She Said:

No movement on setlist.
It will update as and when, but I'm off shortly.
Regards,
FWD.

Wow, this one surprised me. Hated For Loving was played after Morrissey said he thought this venue was where he first played solo. Spent the Day in Bed was back and one of the best versions of Speedway (with snippet of Days of Decision) I’ve ever heard. I for one love that song and miss it when it’s not played. No Munich or HSIN. Closed with What She Said. Brilliant run of shows here, I’m psyched to come back for HB.

Out of order, possibly missing one or two:

Irish blood

Suede head

Hairdresser

Spent the day in bed

Hated for loving

Wedding bell

Morning starship

Lady willpower

Seasick

Why don’t you find out

Bullfighter

Paris

I wish you lonely

That joke isn’t funny anymore

Hold onto your friends

Everyday is like Sunday

Some say I got devil

Jack the Ripper

Home is a question mark

Speedway

Encore: what she said

no munich, how soon is now, or if you don’t like me

Wow, this one surprised me. Hated For Loving was played after Morrissey said he thought this venue was where he first played solo. Spent the Day in Bed was back and one of the best versions of Speedway (with snippet of Days of Decision) I’ve ever heard. I for one love that song and miss it when it’s not played. No Munich or HSIN. Closed with What She Said. Brilliant run of shows here, I’m psyched to come back for HB.

Yes, 30th May, 1991 @ San Diego Sports Arena - first American date of the Kill Uncle tour.
Regards,
FWD.

Blimey

Out of order, possibly missing one or two:

Irish blood

Suede head

Hairdresser

Spent the day in bed

Hated for loving

Wedding bell

Morning starship

Lady willpower

Seasick

Why don’t you find out

Bullfighter

Paris

I wish you lonely

That joke isn’t funny anymore

Hold onto your friends

Everyday is like Sunday

Some say I got devil

Jack the Ripper

Home is a question mark

Speedway

Encore: what she said

no munich, how soon is now, or if you don’t like me

Seems to be the best playlist since years

I’ll post more later.... initial thoughts... very good show. I’d say the venue was about 80% full. Very enthusiastic crowd. Morrissey seemed in good spirits. You know it’s a good show when you get 4 songs from V & I. Just one encore and the show seemed to end abruptly. The house lights came on and everyone stood still for a few seconds and then we realized that was it.

The setlist appears close to final.
It does get checked against video evidence, other posts off-site and after setlist.fm gathers its info, but none of that is instantaneous.
I think we are getting a bit too reliant on that site and are expecting information the second it happens, but unfortunately, this doesn't always happen.
Not to mention the trolling attempts by setlist users with fake songs etc - something else to slow things down.
The best efforts on the night are made to give an idea of what was played and in the correct order, but please understand why some gigs may never have a correct listing, be incomplete or out of sequence.
Any corrections gratefully received.
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom