San Francisco 91 Shoreline Halloween

roky

I am snowed in, in SC and watching the Oct 31 - Mountain View (CA), Shoreline Amphitheater concert and I can't believe it has almost been 20 years since this show. Were any of you guys at this show? Jay, Beau, Tom, Anyone on here?
I would love to hear some feedback.

Now I am watching The Smiths in Barcelona 85.
Very good show, I haven't watched these in years.

I was there, but I was way back, and I don't remember it clearly. It was 20 years ago!

Ahhh now Introducing Morrissey... Libby I will be seeing you in the end..
Back to my Scotch

Remember it well. A pretty good show, and it was one of the first times he played "Pashernate Love".

Was there, dressed as an angel, so was very excited to hear "Angel, Angel Down We Go Together". Morrissey asked hesitantly, "Is is is today...Halloween?" to great cheering. Lots of strange costumes. Halloween shows are the best! Also felt very lucky to be hearing "Pashernate Love".

Took friends who were Morrissey virgins. One of them was enamoured of "The Last of the Famous Intl Playboys" and really appreciated the light show with that song, how the lights blazed brightly at the audience during key parts.

Morri'Zine editor Nicole Garrison got onstage to be with Morrissey. I cursorily watched the viddy back in 2002, but I didn't see her on the footage. Maybe it wasn't captured by that particular viddy, or I wasn't paying attention. Could be that I was distracted during the screening, but the video didn't seem a tenth as exciting as I remember. This was the "official" video that was not released.

I can't remember how many camera angels the official viddy had, but it seemed pretty boring and static. I remember the were two large projection screens on either side of the stage so the cheap seats could see Moz close up. I think maybe they just took the feed from the projection cameras and recorded that.

Reminds me how Las Vegas (recently) there were projection screens in the Joint, but they weren't used. The screens on the sides of the stage were stark white empty. Pity. The last time I saw him at the Joint at the Hard Rock, it was a smaller building, and they used the projection screens. Afterwards we snuck back into the building (when the Joint was smaller) and danced on stage, then took the load-in/stage times schedule as a souvenir. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom