San Jose, CA - City National Civic Auditorium (May 7, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / That's How People Grow Up / Ganglord / Speedway / I Have Forgiven Jesus / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Yes, I Am Blind / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / Meat Is Murder / First Of The Gang To Die / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / The National Front Disco // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by !Viva Hate!

Merchandise image posted by !Viva Hate!:

Also posted by !Viva Hate!:

A few of the backdrops used:

Last edited:
Just back from show. Random comments- ill try to remember as much i can:

He looked great- seemed less chatty as someone said, and seemed
pretty serious.
At one point the lights were onthe crowd and he said "oh Good God!"
Another point someone kept yelling "thank you for not canceling" and at the same time another yelled "we love you" and he said "shut up shut up"

He received one hand drawn I love you morrissey paper and 2 cards and (what seemed reluctantly) accepted some flowers. Folks from the tiers threw flowers one landed on me and the guy next to me threw it and got it onstage.
No shirt change no shirt toss.

At one point I can't recall after which song Moz shook about 6? Hands in the front saying "good evening" with each one
Another point he gave the mic and I can't even recall exactly what was said I think it was I love you, you're my dream boy and he seemed to smile? And I think another I love you. As mentioned he did offer one person to introduce the band which he ended up doing "put something together " and "squeeze something" ..

The first invasion was during pigsty a blond guy got onstage and gave him a hug and I think one more person got on.
It was during the final ODGWBF it seemed like pandemonium one guy got his shirt ripped off by security and proceeded to hug Moz then it seemed like more and more people rushed the stage and had Moz tightly held to be honest for a second I worried Moz fell into the pit then I saw him walk off the stage.
I was incredibly bummed it ended so abruptly but understand.

A few minor lyric changes that come to mind correct me
If I'm wrong in gang lord "get your fat ass back to the ghetto" and in MiM " kill eat kill eat" and then "the meat in your big fat mouth"...

Lots of merch WPONOYB totes, Moz is my Shepherd tee, blue T with the recent light suit and pink tie gorgeous, an Oscar Wilde one, mouse pad, mugs, lots of different t's.

Close to me mexican flag was being held up

At one point during Asleep Moz stopped singing - not sure if he choked up or listening to people yelling or what - but he picked it back up.

Boz wearing East LA shirt others wearing Los Feliz t's
Moz wearing dark denims, black and brown shirt zip front, and blazer with red pin on lapel, large cross necklace at one point I think during IHFJ he held the cross and referenced it.

Thanks for your review, Compadre!

I half hoped his "follow up to Viva Hate" comment was an indication of the style of the album, but it seems to be a joke of sorts.

"Each time you vote you support the process." What a f***ing idiot he has become. Brand's influence has obviously been more significant than possibly could have been feared. Like Brand himself Morrissey seems to denounce democracy, as imperfect as it is, without putting forward an alternative.

I suppose "The rich must profit and get richer / And the poor must stay poor." is Morrissey's version of "Imagine no possessions." just exchanging an agreeable Ascot pile with an LA mansion. I'm not sure if I could walk past a merchandising stall selling shirts at $35 a pop and then stand in an auditorium being told by the richest person in the room that the system doesn't work, without heckling. He's become a gobsmacking hypocrite.

Musically WPINOYB is a plod. The vocal hook is OK, but the lyric is childlike in its naivety. Perhaps it will grow in stature when the studio version is released. A worrying taste of things to come. These are nervous times. He needs a return to form, and as an early indicator this is not very promising.

Ok, on first listen I like the new songs, and to my surprise The Bullfighter Dies is my favorite. I like the melody, it's short , catchy and to the point.

Earth , musically is a bit different from a traditional Moz song, but I quite like it ( Gustavo wrote this one maybe?). I don't agree with a previous poster comparing it to the Macarena, it made me lol though.

Matt Walker Twitter "my first full show in nearly two years...so nice to be back....a little chaos never hurt anyone.....or blood....battered but content."

Blood?!? Delighted that he's back but I wonder what happened to the last drummer.

I interpreted that more as a comment on how long ago it was since he released a record...

When I saw the video so did I, when I read it here I was more hopeful.

-------------------------

Question: would an unknown artist who wandered in off the street get a record deal on the strength of People Are The Same, Action, Looker, Scandinavia, Ganglord, Art-Hounds, World Peace, Loneliest Planet or Bullfighter?

Rhetorical.

The Bullfighter dies and nobody cries, we all want the bull to survive.

What a return to form!

Of the new tracks, I really like 'The Bullfighter Dies' most of all, jangly, melodic and to the point. Lovely melody.
'World Peace' has a good chord progression and melody and I think the studio recording will make it sound absolutely fantastic...I have some issues with some of the lyrics, a bit sixth form politics...'Each time you vote you support the process'....is not the most elegant line he's ever sung, but no doubt they will grow on me. The tempo is great, a bit different to some of his other stuff, variation is nice. I don't like Jessie's overdriven tone on absolutely everything they do.....I want more jangle and subtlety..

On a final note, I like the spanish guitars and the feel of 'Earth Is The Loneliest Planet'..in fact when it kicked in, the first line sounded rather similar to my 'acoustic demo' that I put on here...yes it was me and I feel a sense of guilt for misleading people. The point is, it took me about a minute to 'write' that excerpt and ten seconds to record it through the internal mic of my macbook, using a fender telecaster strummed acoustically and my voice wailing away. Some of the comments on here made me laugh so much my face hurt..particularly the insults towards my attempt! It was fun while it lasted though, thanks for all the input and comments.

Fairly slow... His voice sounded great on it... but yes, waves of people exited the room. It's something he'll likely sort out as the tour progresses. I hoped for "KICK THE BRIDE DOWN THE AISLE"... I mean, I've never heard it but perhaps replace MEAT IS MURDER or WORLD PEACE IS with that one or forthcoming single Istanbul.

- - - Updated - - -

The band wore shirts that read "We f***ing hate Wisconsin" - JUST KIDDING!
There was no theme with the band's shirts this time.. A couple wore white shirts, one vneck, other tshirts.. Impressed with drumming...

They might as well wear t shirts that say" We f***ing hate Wisconsin" he seems to be fond of ignoring Milwaukee since 2009.He used to go there pretty frequently.

The fake demo versions I've heard on this website sound much better than the actual new songs.

Of the new tracks, I really like 'The Bullfighter Dies' most of all, jangly, melodic and to the point. Lovely melody.
'World Peace' has a good chord progression and melody and I think the studio recording will make it sound absolutely fantastic...I have some issues with some of the lyrics, a bit sixth form politics...'Each time you vote you support the process'....is not the most elegant line he's ever sung, but no doubt they will grow on me. The tempo is great, a bit different to some of his other stuff, variation is nice. I don't like Jessie's overdriven tone on absolutely everything they do.....I want more jangle and subtlety..

On a final note, I like the spanish guitars and the feel of 'Earth Is The Loneliest Planet'..in fact when it kicked in, the first line sounded rather similar to my 'acoustic demo' that I put on here...yes it was me and I feel a sense of guilt for misleading people. The point is, it took me about a minute to 'write' that excerpt and ten seconds to record it through the internal mic of my macbook, using a fender telecaster strummed acoustically and my voice wailing away. Some of the comments on here made me laugh so much my face hurt..particularly the insults towards my attempt! It was fun while it lasted though, thanks for all the input and comments.

Don't give up the day job, even Russell Howard's routine is funnier.

Awesome new songs.Earth is the Loneliest planet was my favorite.Judging from the videos.I think he looked and sounded great!

Oh dear. Malaga, Barcelona, reminds me of Marseille and Napoli. YOR II.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom