Scott Walker

Lost

I'm a huge fan of his stuff from the sixties. The albums Scott 1.2.3 and 4 are magnificent.

But what the hell has happened to this guy? He seemed to go completely bananas musically with the release of Tilt and his recent album is truly, truly dreadful.
Ok people move on and do different things that's fine. I didn't expect him to keep on doing sixties standards.
But i just want to say to the guy....instead of the farmyard impressions....please, please just do what you do best....and SING!
It's such a waste.:(

Last edited:
He's doing what he probably always wanted to do since the 60s. He hated the whole 'pop' thing.

How anyone can dislike Tilt and The Drift though... they're both awesome albums of something trying something different and seeing what can be achieved. Both great collections of music.

If you don't 'get it' you're probably best of sticking with Girls Aloud ;)

well i think you can guess....i love the guy! tilt, the drift, climate of hunter are tricky albums to 'get' into.
scott, scott 2, scott 3, scott 4, 'til the band comes in' are amazing records.

also stretch & we had it all from the 70s are OK..ish.

if anyones wants an intro to scott...scott walker sings jacques brel & boy child the best of 67 to 70.

there is also a classics & collections cd that has the majority of his films tunes he sang.
plague.jpg

He's doing what he probably always wanted to do since the 60s. He hated the whole 'pop' thing.

How anyone can dislike Tilt and The Drift though... they're both awesome albums of something trying something different and seeing what can be achieved. Both great collections of music.

If you don't 'get it' you're probably best of sticking with Girls Aloud ;)

I suppose i do sound like a bit of a lightweight. I'm not though. I'm usually pretty good at acquiring tastes and have got into some very weird stuff over the years, (as i'm sure my long suffering parents would have testified when i was in my youth).
I adore Scotty. I think he has one of the greatest singing voices of all time, I own everything he's ever done, but i'm not a sychophant and i speak as i find and am not afraid to admit that try though i might, i can't get into those albums. For me they are just self-indulgent, meaningless, tripe....and like i said...it's such a waste of talent.:(

I was introduced to Scotty Baby by a wonderful friend and i went out and bought 'Drift'.....OH MY GOD.....i listened to this cd in full, i thought ok, it might just be me, so i struggled through it and i have to say to the people out there that love this amazing man's latest stuff, I'd advise you to make sure you had the volume up because i doubt you were playing it with sound ;)

No, seriously, i can't do it, i can't listen to it.......'Drift' could be used as a form of torture....i gave the cd to my wonderful friend and i really have to say....I AM SO VERY SORRY,PLEASE FORGIVE ME :D

Hello Slum Mum, I have to cast my lot in with yours. I did buy Drift, as you did, and simply cannot wrap my head round it. 1, 2, 3, and 4 are marvellous, aren't they?

hehehe....i've got the women on my side i can't lose:p

Hello Slum Mum, I have to cast my lot in with yours. I did buy Drift, as you did, and simply cannot wrap my head round it. 1, 2, 3, and 4 are marvellous, aren't they?

Hey Madge, Scott 1, 2, 3, 4, are stunning, i lose myself regularly within his music. I tell you something else too, i was lucky enough to be spared 'Tilt', my wonderful friend is truly a star.:)

hehehe....i've got the women on my side i can't lose:p

Well, i'm with you, that's for sure;)

Hey Madge, Scott 1, 2, 3, 4, are stunning, i lose myself regularly within his music. I tell you something else too, i was lucky enough to be spared 'Tilt', my wonderful friend is truly a star.:)

Well, i'm with you, that's for sure;)

let's not forget "til the band comes In"

with 'Long about now' (sang by Esther Ofarim)

and 'the hills of yesterday'

let's not forget "til the band comes In"

with 'Long about now' (sang by Esther Ofarim)

and 'the hills of yesterday'

...er....i know not of these..:eek: ....ahem...all i have is Scott, Scott 2, Scott 3, Scott 4, The Moviegoer....I think i may have to look further into this...:o

...er....i know not of these..:eek: ....ahem...all i have is Scott, Scott 2, Scott 3, Scott 4, The Moviegoer....I think i may have to look further into this...:o
the movie goer on CD???? or did you down load it????

Scott Walker sings the songs of Jacques Brel (some of which feature on Scott ##.. too mashed up to remember which one)

Love it

thanks slum mummy, i just figured out how to down load them on to my computer.... yes i'm a thicky:p

Have been listening to the 'Scott' albums lately, as well as some tracks from '5 Easy Pieces', really like the track "The Plague".

The 3 difficult albums may as well be from a different artist. Personally, I like them but they do require hard work....it's almost like school!

Back
Top Bottom