See Tickets to issue a statement by Friday

I would be really upset if they don't reschedule the show, but even more so if I do not get my money back.
I'd love someone to tell me then exactly what my £40 was spent on then.was it the 4 songs, was it the priviledge of being broken the news to by 3 celebrities?
Either way, if i am not refunded i will feel sad and slightly cheated

I would be shocked if Friday's show was not rescheduled or refunded.
At the time I was disappointed but not too concerned and I understood why he had to cancel, but I would be severely f***ing livid if that's it and we get nothing more.

I was at the Boston gig last year in the summer that was also abandoned - after 7 songs.
The gig was rescheduled some 10 / 11 days later and tickets were still valid or refunded.

Interestingly, Morrissey went off stage after 'Let Me Kiss You' and didn't return. After the band walked off after playing out the song, some totally anonymous bloke came out to bring us the bad news. He was roundly boo'd too from various sections of the crowd!

Jukebox Jury

I know what you mean about understanding at the time. I had seen him Monday and considered myself lucky to have already seen him before. I will be unlucky now though if i do not get either reschedule or refund! I'm a student and try and work when i can to get money. I spent £80 on tickets, more than i earn a week! I just don't want to be let down!

if i was moz i'd make every effort possible to reschedule 3 dates and make sure those who went on friday get a rescheduled date. i appreciate that promoters/contracts etc can be a pain, but surely they must realise that not rescheduling friday would be pretty bloody shoddy of them?!

if he can find time to reshedule sat and sun, surely there's a way an extra night can be fitted in???? or a larger venue to accommodate us all?

i'm feeling hopeful to be honest - brand et al seemed to suggest that the official line is that those who went on friday will get the chance to see him again very soon.

Although I have attacked those who torrent Morrissey stuff - especially straight from here - if the Friday isn't rescheduled or refunded I'll torrent his new stuff until the shortfall is made up. He's was sick, not me. I don't blame him for that one iota. It was one of those things.

However, an invitation to come and see Morrissey perform three songs was unlikely to draw a full house I would suggest and wasn't the deal, possible miniscule terms and conditions or not, and having three millionaires come on stage who didn't pay at all, mark you, taking the p!ss to boot compounded the misery.

I estimate the ticket take per night is somewhere around six figures, £90,000 to £105,000) or so (3,000ish to 3,500ish tickets depending where you look at £30 a go), plus merchandise, before outgoings. Venue, advertising, security, accomodation, plus twenty quid and a bag of chips each for the Smithers. I think that should concentrate the mind and ensure the right thing is done, rather than what may be the strictly contractual or legal thing.

So now the calculation is clear to those who make the decision. £100,000 in your back pocket for three songs or the ire and condemnation of thousands of true fans, fully aware of similar instances in the past and often joking about if he'll make it through a tour intact without cancelling some along the way.

I fully accept a singer without a voice is a somewhat different thing to a bricklayer without a voice but we show him ENORMOUS loyalty and he should do the same in return. My guess is he will if he at all can. The venue is free, he's free. See you there, Moz. I won't suggest you suck a Fisherman's Friend, though, as I know what happened to Kristen Young.

Last edited:
I was at the Boston gig last year in the summer that was also abandoned - after 7 songs.
The gig was rescheduled some 10 / 11 days later and tickets were still valid or refunded.

Interestingly, Morrissey went off stage after 'Let Me Kiss You' and didn't return. After the band walked off after playing out the song, some totally anonymous bloke came out to bring us the bad news. He was roundly boo'd too from various sections of the crowd!

Jukebox Jury

I video clipped that idiot he was appauling and clueless as to what he was doing - he just wanted to clear the venue - by comparison RB at least understood the audience.

I got a refund for Boston as I couldn't fly back - no issue. SJM will get it sorted it took the promoters a few days in the states.

I know what you mean about understanding at the time. I had seen him Monday and considered myself lucky to have already seen him before. I will be unlucky now though if i do not get either reschedule or refund! I'm a student and try and work when i can to get money. I spent £80 on tickets, more than i earn a week! I just don't want to be let down!

Yes I guess having seen him earlier in the week did have a bearing on my reaction too. If Friday had been the only show I had been to I might have been more pissed off.

I'd say worry about it when it happens. My guess was that he was probably waiting to see how his voice was after he played again before rescheduling any dates and I still think that is the case

or a larger venue to accommodate us all?

That occurred to me too but I actually hope not. I'd be happy enough, having only planned to go to the Friday show, but I am sure it would provoke lots of angry reaction from people who were going to more than one of the cancelled shows

Hello!

I am new to here, and travelled all the way from sunny Salford (Manchester) for Friday night! I have just spoken to a very nice gentleman at See tickets, he informed me that there is no news on a reschedule but he was happy to give me a refund which he offered to sort out right away, I asked if I could wait untill I found out when the rescheduled dates were and he told me if I was in anyway unhappy with the dates or venue I could have a full refund.

I hope I havent been given the quick answer to avoid any grief, I got through right away using the number provided in an earlier post!

Hope this helps some people :)

i spent £300 all in on Friday night so i dont wanna hear all this £10 a song rubbish!

i hope he will reschedule the friday (in fact i am sure he will) but if he doesnt and can only do the saturday and the sunday then i'll bet a lot of people wont be able to go in which case tickets will go back on sale right? I'll buy some of those if i can or if not buy from a tout again.

Also i wish people would stop blaming him for friday night, he wasnt well, what could he do? Maybe with hindsight he should have come out himself or sent Boz to give the msg rather than the three stooges but he was probably feeling utterly miserable at the time. And by all accounts it was the three stooges who volunteered their services to go up there and it was primarily to raise their own vanity - not because they felt sorry for us or Moz.

Thanks askme for your info, i hope what they told you was correct.

PaulC, i think what a lot of people didnt understand about the booing was it was (i thought) directed at the PRESENCE of ross, brand and walliams, not that Moz was ill. People DIDNT pay for an appearance of any of those 3, therefore were well within their rights to be annoyed and boo at that x

Thanks askme for your info, i hope what they told you was correct.

PaulC, i think what a lot of people didnt understand about the booing was it was (i thought) directed at the PRESENCE of ross, brand and walliams, not that Moz was ill. People DIDNT pay for an appearance of any of those 3, therefore were well within their rights to be annoyed and boo at that x

i absolutely agree and posted somewhere else the chanting of "who the f***in hell are you" was witty and aimed to show these guys where they come in the pecking order. We didnt want them - we wanted Him.

Whatever happens, it is out of Morrissey's control and he can hardly be blamed or held responsible.

Gotta disagree with you there Morrissey the 23rd. What makes you think it is out of his control? It is completely in his control.

On Friday night he should have said something to the crowd himself. Sending out those 3 plonkers to do it was an appalling idea. I sometimes wonder what goes through his head.

I've just about had enough of all this bollox. The organisation of wristbands was an insult. Also the rescheduling info is crap. First they tell us we will know what the score is Monday. Then it's the end of the week. Then there is the question about refunds for Friday night.

Moz - get a grip.:(

He didn't send those three out to cancel it, the same way he didn't organize the way wristbands were distributed and doesn't handle refunds.

It is pretty much the responsibility of SJM to sort all this out, SeeTickets will only act on their say-so.

I spoke to Ticketmaster and got a similar story ...

Although I couldn't actually get a refund today, Sun tickets will be refunded no problem but there is confusion about Friday.

I would put a small sum of money of it, that they outcome will be no refund. I just have a big hunch ... technically, there was a show. I reckon The Roundhouse management will kick up a fuss ... there are quite a few management companies in the loop - and I expect Morrissey has no say in any of it.

Now, if the alternative gig turns out to be something like a big Ally Pally job (*shivers*) then they will probably honour the Friday tixs ... but I really don't think a refund is coming for Friday.

I hope I'm wrong though ... we'll see.

S.S.

Believe me, Moz controls every aspect of what goes on his name. If there's no Friday reschedule it will be his doing. We're quick, and often correct, to blame See/SJM/Roundhouse when they've made a ticketing mess, as they did repeatedly, but the decision is his.

In May '91 at The Caird Hall in Dundee the set was cut short because Morrissey had a soar throat. There was no refund and no rescheduled date then. Prepare for that and if a rescheduled date or refund is made, treat it as a bonus. Some people will never see Morrissey sing one song live in their life. Whatever happens, it is out of Morrissey's control and he can hardly be blamed or held responsible. This is an opportunity for the best audience in the world of music to demonstrate that they are.

Cut how short? If he'd done half or more of the set, fair enough. This was 3 completed songs. They'll be a riot if Friday is not rescheduled.

No wait, there'll be lawsuits if Friday is not rescheduled. Morrissey is not stupid. He doesn't need that right now, so everyone needs to calm down - I'm quite sure Friday will be rescheduled, Seetickets can't tell their arse from their elbow so let's not freak out because they don't know what's happening with it yet.

Last edited:
Believe me, Moz controls every aspect of what goes on his name. If there's no Friday reschedule it will be his doing. We're quick, and often correct, to blame See/SJM/Roundhouse when they've made a ticketing mess, as they did repeatedly, but the decision is his.

It never ceases to amaze me how deluded people are about the amount of power Morrissey has. He signs a standard contract with the promoter just like every other artist. Do you seriously think he has more clout than anyone else?

My bet is they will see how he is after this weekends shows and Paris. It was good to see him back last night but god knows he could be back in bed an back to where he was last weekend for all we know today, though he seemed to cope ok last night. I can't see how they can say "yes he will do 3 shows next week" before he has another 3 shows to do in 4 days.
I also wonder what will happen to all the tickets that are refunded, there will be another scrum for tickets again imagine when the new 3 dates are announced.

My bet is they will see how he is after this weekends shows and Paris. It was good to see him back last night but god knows he could be back in bed an back to where he was last weekend for all we know today, though he seemed to cope ok last night. I can't see how they can say "yes he will do 3 shows next week" before he has another 3 shows to do in 4 days.
I also wonder what will happen to all the tickets that are refunded, there will be another scrum for tickets again imagine when the new 3 dates are announced.

One thing is for sure, they won't be announcing dates that soon. See Tickets have already written to ticketholders stating that refunds must be requested in writing, and received no later than 7 days before the date of the gig (as yet unknown). They have a legal obligation to allow people "reasonable" time to comply with this. Otherwise they would be swamped into litigation in the Small Claims Courts.

I think it unlikely that these gig's will be rescheduled. They would have to be announced about 3 weeks in advance, to allow for ticketholders to make reasonable choices (refund or attend). This means that a crew needs to be arranged, venue found and gear hired. Unless he adds more dates for a mini tour, this simply will not be cost effective.

I hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom