Seniority rules

Giant

user number 440 from 1997
Unless it says otherwise in your Avatar, (myself being user 440) I am the longest standing member of Morrissey-solo. I actually learned what "those Internets" were by exploring this site in its inception, the first 8 months or so. This, and something else leads me to point out, that what I am going to say next, is absolute fact. It is not up for debate, tuck it into your pajama pocket, and go to bed with this chunk of golden light. Other than my User 440 seniority, (that proves what I will tell you is the diamond truth) is the fact that Im what is considered old. Old, and very smart, further blessed with the finest of taste. So, here you go. You're welcome.

Low In High School is the best record Morrissey has ever done. It is a brilliant album, that literally lives eons away from ALL OTHER MUSIC currently on the radio, or somewhere in the Iclouds...whereever, even in the tiny hands of Amazonian pygmies with Walkmans. LIHS is far, far, far better than any other music you are aware of, being made today. It is astonishingly deep. Moz in fact, has never been better. The Smiths days included. Repeat, Smiths days included. And the band? So tight, and so accomplished, they are actually now a totally unique eclectic sound that if you listen, you can now fall in love with the music again. This current line up is light years ahead of Johnny Marr, and Rourke, and whats the other guy again? Oh yea Rolls Joyce. The Smiths sonically, obviously were Marr's inventive one of a kind guitar playing. But that's it. Moz's current band is alive, and luminescent with such control, and cohesiveness, They would be an outrageous success, with just a very good, nothing to blow your mind singer. Imagine, I dont know? Say, Delorous O'Riordan from the Cranberries with a band as good as Morrissey's band? Her band is a good, decent, professional band. The Cranberries had lots of hits, but they do nothing close to what Jessie does, or the genius that is Gustavo (who, very pleasingly wrote many of the tracks from Low in High School. Now plug in a living legend. A legend who vocally is just sublime. A much more polished, confident, daring, range even greater than, and even more evocative to the singer of 23, 24, 26, who was already then a "voice" like no other. Lyrically, LIHS is amongst his best. Smiths included. Listen folks, the lyrics of The Smiths era, no one in their right mind will argue aren't sheer genius. However, news flash, human beings grow out of "angst". Morrissey has grown up like all of us are. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with his opinions, or better yet, your assumption of his opinions. I think many fans and constant critics seem to forget he is a global star, and he is a man of the world, for lack of a better term. If he writes a song called Israel with such swooning crescendoes, and volleys into hints of show tunes, with cunning incisive narratives of incendiary subject matter, then dam it all, the f*** if Im gonna worry about if he really hates Palestine or has zionist underpinnings that this gorgeous tune is just a mask for his little cauldron of hate...because thats all this artist is, a being of hate, and definitely not a man of wide depth, feelings, empathy for animals, passion, love, and his own sufferings. No, it cant be the latter, because gee whiz Der Spiegel might have got him in an interview, and gee whiz he said some shit...If anyone can say they never said something that came out sounding daft, well hello pleased to meet you, you must be Jesus. That, is not even the point. If he said those things word for word, and it was even worse it wouldn't matter about the record. Low In High School stands above any other record on the "charts" today. And, Low In High School is arguably the best work of his entire career. It is as good as Vauxhall, and I(pun intended) am a "I Am Hated For Loving" tattoo baring gentleman. IE Its my favorite record of all time. You can now have 4 to debate with your fellow Moz fans as to which is best. TQID, SHWC, VAI, and LIHS. Before I bid you a farewell, I urge you to remove all personal opinion, be buddhist empty in mind, put headphones on lock your door, lay on the bed, close your eyes and listen. Listen, listen. No distractions, phone off, no one knocking on your door. Close your eyes, headphones turned comfortably up, and with your wiped clean monk like neutral mind, just Listen. Its an astonishing record.

As Ever,

Giant

Had to stop reading when I got to the current Lawnmowers rated better than Johnny,Mike and Andy bit.
You can't be taken seriously.
Goodbye

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

Unless it says otherwise in your Avatar, (myself being user 440) I am the longest standing member of Morrissey-solo. I actually learned what "those Internets" were by exploring this site in its inception, the first 8 months or so. This, and something else leads me to point out, that what I am going to say next, is absolute fact. It is not up for debate, tuck it into your pajama pocket, and go to bed with this chunk of golden light. Other than my User 440 seniority, (that proves what I will tell you is the diamond truth) is the fact that Im what is considered old. Old, and very smart, further blessed with the finest of taste. So, here you go. You're welcome.

Low In High School is the best record Morrissey has ever done. It is a brilliant album, that literally lives eons away from ALL OTHER MUSIC currently on the radio, or somewhere in the Iclouds...whereever, even in the tiny hands of Amazonian pygmies with Walkmans. LIHS is far, far, far better than any other music you are aware of, being made today. It is astonishingly deep. Moz in fact, has never been better. The Smiths days included. Repeat, Smiths days included. And the band? So tight, and so accomplished, they are actually now a totally unique eclectic sound that if you listen, you can now fall in love with the music again. This current line up is light years ahead of Johnny Marr, and Rourke, and whats the other guy again? Oh yea Rolls Joyce. The Smiths sonically, obviously were Marr's inventive one of a kind guitar playing. But that's it. Moz's current band is alive, and luminescent with such control, and cohesiveness, They would be an outrageous success, with just a very good, nothing to blow your mind singer. Imagine, I dont know? Say, Delorous O'Riordan from the Cranberries with a band as good as Morrissey's band? Her band is a good, decent, professional band. The Cranberries had lots of hits, but they do nothing close to what Jessie does, or the genius that is Gustavo (who, very pleasingly wrote many of the tracks from Low in High School. Now plug in a living legend. A legend who vocally is just sublime. A much more polished, confident, daring, range even greater than, and even more evocative to the singer of 23, 24, 26, who was already then a "voice" like no other. Lyrically, LIHS is amongst his best. Smiths included. Listen folks, the lyrics of The Smiths era, no one in their right mind will argue aren't sheer genius. However, news flash, human beings grow out of "angst". Morrissey has grown up like all of us are. It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with his opinions, or better yet, your assumption of his opinions. I think many fans and constant critics seem to forget he is a global star, and he is a man of the world, for lack of a better term. If he writes a song called Israel with such swooning crescendoes, and volleys into hints of show tunes, with cunning incisive narratives of incendiary subject matter, then dam it all, the f*** if Im gonna worry about if he really hates Palestine or has zionist underpinnings that this gorgeous tune is just a mask for his little cauldron of hate...because thats all this artist is, a being of hate, and definitely not a man of wide depth, feelings, empathy for animals, passion, love, and his own sufferings. No, it cant be the latter, because gee whiz Der Spiegel might have got him in an interview, and gee whiz he said some shit...If anyone can say they never said something that came out sounding daft, well hello pleased to meet you, you must be Jesus. That, is not even the point. If he said those things word for word, and it was even worse it wouldn't matter about the record. Low In High School stands above any other record on the "charts" today. And, Low In High School is arguably the best work of his entire career. It is as good as Vauxhall, and I(pun intended) am a "I Am Hated For Loving" tattoo baring gentleman. IE Its my favorite record of all time. You can now have 4 to debate with your fellow Moz fans as to which is best. TQID, SHWC, VAI, and LIHS. Before I bid you a farewell, I urge you to remove all personal opinion, be buddhist empty in mind, put headphones on lock your door, lay on the bed, close your eyes and listen. Listen, listen. No distractions, phone off, no one knocking on your door. Close your eyes, headphones turned comfortably up, and with your wiped clean monk like neutral mind, just Listen. Its an astonishing record.

As Ever,

Giant
Boring long post by someone who thinks alot of themself.

Boring long post by someone who thinks alot of themself.
Unnecessary rude comment from someone who thinks a lot of themself.

As Ever,

Giant

Very refreshing and insightful and correct.

Tags
giant low in high school morrissey
Back
Top Bottom