SER: "A Larks' Tongue In April" - Morrissey interview - Morrissey Central (24 June, 2019)

The Interview. - Morrissey Central
June 24, 2019

A LARKS’ TONGUE IN APRIL.

conversation with Morrissey,

April 2019, by Sam Esty Rayner.

*we apologize for the delay in printing this interview.

Excerpt:

"sam:
You cancelled 6 shows in Italy because of the incident. People are beginning to think your middle name is Cancellation.

M:
I know. But, as far as I can see, many bands cancel and nothing is ever said about it. The song and dance made about my cancellations is usually from people who wouldn’t go to the concert in the first place.

sam:
But you will play the Canada dates?

M:
Yes.

sam:
Is your hand bad? Obviously it’s covered.

M:
The stitches are out now but if I had shaken anyone’s hand last week blood would have spurted. That’s not a nice greeting.

sam:
I don’t think anyone ever believes that you’re ill, or that you fell, or whatever.

M:
I know. Generally colds and flu are passed on to me, and there’s nothing you can do when your voice is your instrument. I go to abnormal lengths to avoid colds."

PastedGraphic-1.jpg

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/234417-the-interview

Covering a lot of recent (and old) topics.
Full transcript reproduced below in parts (due to word limits).
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well spotted. This gives the game away.
Indeed. I look forward to seeing the mental gymnastics that some other posters will use to explain that statement away. I know I certainly did that for a while. But what Morrissey just openly said is literally the definition of racism.

No, blacks and whites will never get on.
The French and British will never get on.

Q Magazine 1992

Same statement. Nothing has changed.

Yes. Makes me feel pretty foolish for defending him all this time.

You're a self-hater? What race are you and why do you dislike them?

Nope, not a self-hater. As a decent human being, I just don't prefer my own race above any others.

This is a revealing statement. No, Morrissey, I can assure you that not everyone prefers their own race. Fortunately, that's not the world I live in. I certainly know that I don't prefer my own race, "ultimately" or otherwise. Does this make Morrissey racist? Well, I honestly didn't think he was before, but he's pretty much just admitted that's exactly what he is.

That's a false dichotomy. Just because you prefer something doesn't mean you hate everything else. You can prefer something and like everything else too.

Morrissey and his nephew having an absolutely Normal One. Absolutely nothing to see here.

This is a revealing statement. No, Morrissey, I can assure you that not everyone prefers their own race. Fortunately, that's not the world I live in. I certainly know that I don't prefer my own race, "ultimately" or otherwise. Does this make Morrissey racist? Well, I honestly didn't think he was before, but he's pretty much just admitted that's exactly what he is.

I see how this could be interpreted but I think Moz is talking from, unfortunately, a realistic point. As humans we are inherently told to fear the "other" and it will take a few more generations for that mentally to be gone. Yes, it is disappearing but as with every meaningful and rightful change, it takes... forever. We have cultures and politics to blame for many ills in the world and because of this we tend to stick to our own race, not generally because of racism but because we know where we stand. Whites do it, blacks do it... every race does it. And we do it because of the trouble and pain that has come before. Sometimes it's just easier to stick with your own race... That's where the "ultimately" comes from.

I'm pretty sure Morrissey wouldn't disagree with a world where everybody got on and lived a better, happier life than we do now. Love, peace and harmony...

lol he started interviews with his family members

Yes. Clearly Fiona Dodwell has served her purpose and no longer needed. Did Morrissey find her last interview too hostile?

He'll be interviewed by his mother next. She'll maybe ask him why he never brought any girls home.

What does it matter? And, with regards to your photo of Muslims, I am personally not a fan of Islam (though I'm sure I'm ignorant about it), but Islam isn't a race.

WTF?? you are NOT a fan of Islam but you are SURE that you really deep down must love it????:crazy:x:crazy:

FFS :crazy:x 100000:lbf:

Everybody's heading for the Brexit

Just as Boris Johnson won’t appear in a political debate on any channel other than the safely bullied BBC, Morrissey is now only prepared for soft, anadyne questioning from the in-house interviewer. His nephew.

From the immediate line of questioning, it was a repetition of the message that Morrissey has a battle with The Guardian. That’s an attempt to retrospectively rewrite the tale. The words that sparked a mass of fans to run for the door didn’t appear in the Guardian first, but on his own website. The Guardian was not alone in reporting this and what happened next. Let’s face it, it suits Morrissey to stage this as a battle between him and the woolly jumpered Guardian. It’s like picking on the kid with specs on in class. I’m not impressed with him playing to the gallery in this manner.

And back to the limp interviewer. What’s wrong with exploring what Morrissey says? I would have asked him to explain the reasons why he thinks Farage would be such a good Prime Minister. All we know about him is that he doesn’t like certain nationalities living in the UK, he hates the EU, and he wants to privatise our NHS. At a time when our youth are crying out for environmental urgency in our leaders, what does Farage offer the future?

An absolute useless interview, peppered with some previously secret nuggets of information.

It’s not just the birds that Morrissey likes throwing seeds at, its his fans too.

I see how this could be interpreted but I think Moz is talking from, unfortunately, a realistic point. As humans we are inherently told to fear the "other" and it will take a few more generations for that mentally to be gone. Yes, it is disappearing but as with every meaningful and rightful change, it takes... forever. We have cultures and politics to blame for many ills in the world and because of this we tend to stick to our own race, not generally because of racism but because we know where we stand. Whites do it, blacks do it... every race does it. And we do it because of the trouble and pain that has come before. Sometimes it's just easier to stick with your own race... That's where the "ultimately" comes from.

I'm pretty sure Morrissey wouldn't disagree with a world where everybody got on and lived a better, happier life than we do now. Love, peace and harmony...

White and black are not, biologically, 'races'. Biologically there is only one race - home sapiens - and decreeing that people belong to 'another' race because of their skin colour is racist.

Also, cultural identity has constantly evolved throughout human history, and will continue to do so, so there is always going to be an 'other'. Fear of the 'other' is not necessarily irrational, it's a simple animal territorial instinct, and beyond all the niceties, territory is always going to be an issue between different cultures. The idea therefore that fear of the other is a mentality that will wholly disappear in a few generations from now is ludicrous.

White and black are not, biologically, 'races'. Biologically there is only one race - home sapiens - and decreeing that people belong to 'another' race because of their skin colour is racist.

Also, cultural identity has constantly evolved throughout human history, and will continue to do so, so there is always going to be an 'other'. Fear of the 'other' is not necessarily irrational, it's a simple animal territorial instinct, and beyond all the niceties, territory is always going to be an issue between different cultures. The idea therefore that fear of the other is a mentality that will wholly disappear in a few generations from now is ludicrous.

Yr quite right about homo sapiens.
But personally I don't fear 'the other' - in fact I'm rather interested in other people and cultures.
Wouldn't it be rather nice if we all felt the same?
No strangers, only friends you have yet to meet?
I reject the idea we all must fear (mistrust, dislike) 'the other'.

This is a disgrace. It's a puff piece masquerading as an interview. It boggle the mind as to who thought this was a good idea. Skinny has quickly highlighted that the 'interview' dated April has responses from this month. Silly. Really, really silly. If Morrissey is going to make shit up the least he could do is at least try to be clever about it. I'd agree it's a conversation but for what purpose? What next "Morrissey in intimate converation with his auntie Morbella?"

I genuinely believe this is the Morrissey camp's attempt at promotion of the album. Dreadful stuff.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom