Seven Ages of Rock (Britpop) just aired

terrancestamp

I loved the first 7 minutes which had some really cool rare Smiths footage. It was not the greatest of quality, but hey it was very rare stuff. Mike must have forked it over. Most interesting moment...some girls yell from the street to Morrissey and Rick or Bruce yell down "he is celebate" and Morrissey tells them to hush.

The show then spirals down into a giant piece about Oasis. They completely ingnore antyhing late 90's early 2000's. Coldplay are dismissed as an Oasis copycat while Travis, Pulp, Echobelly, Elastica are just thrown in as after thoughts with 2 second clips.

Worth a watch for about 30 mintues. Just too much Oasis. Bands featured heavyely, in order: The Smiths, The Stone Roses, Oasis (and more Oasis), Suede, Blur, Libertiens, Artic Monkey/Franz Ferdanad.

Bands ignored: NewOrder/Happy Mondays/Belle and Sabastian/James/Depeche Mode/Echo and the Bunnymen/Manic Street Preachers/Radiohead

yeah, i'm shocked new order wasn't included. :mad: but oh well... f*** 'em.

but thanks for the link! didnt know it was up on vh1classic.com already. that site and i seem to be having our own little dispute as of late. hah

Back
Top Bottom