Share your great quotes from exceptional films

nightingale+therose

...brush me daddy-o
Go on, go on, go on,

share your favourite quotes and catchphrases from films and TV programmes.....

you know you want to...

the best one liners in film all come from..... Gregory's Girl....

Boy: Ten years old, with the body of a woman of 13!

Headmaster:Off you go, you small boys (in the broadest Scottish accent you can imagine)

Andy: interesting fact... Did you know that when you sneeze, it comes out your nose 180 miles an hour?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shallow Grave?

Alex: (to a Goth girl) When you get up in the morning, how do you decide what shade of black to wear?

David: I've never seen a dead body before. I saw my grandmother of course, but I don't think that counts. I mean, she was alive at the time.

Speaker: First of all may I thank you all for coming along tonight and supporting our appeal to raise funds for the sick children's unit.
Alex: You didn't tell me that this was for children. I hate children. I'd raise money to have the little f***ers put down. I want me money back!:lbf:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jipboWI9uiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jipboWI9uiE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

from Charlie Wilson's war
"As long as the press sees sex and drugs behind the left hand, you can park a battle carrier behind the right hand, and no one's gonna f***ing notice."

:rofl: So true! And delivered by Philip Seymour Hoff: I just howled.:)

A quote I'd like to dedicate to my good journalist friends.:straightface: (nono, no names.)

Easy Rider: Captain America: I'm hip about time.
Easy-Rider-009.jpg

1bondgirl-gal-plenty.jpg

Diamonds Are Forever:
Plenty O'Toole: Hi, I'm Plenty.
James Bond: But of course you are.
Plenty O'Toole: Plenty O'Toole.
James Bond: Named after your father perhaps?

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwkYhLiY_fM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwkYhLiY_fM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/29JewlGsYxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/29JewlGsYxs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Seth:
"Everybody be cool. You - be cool."​
35A8A333AE9FF4F52EEF2F8E80E0B8.jpg

"Just get through the goddam day"
~ 'A Single Man'

say no more Citizen Ghostie, it's a classic!!!

What about the wonderful Restless Natives:
Will: 'i could fair go a pee myself'.... "I really thought she was going to make it, I really did. It was so close," (implying little girl didn't make it to the loo)

Will/Ronnie?: "Look - Penicuik. We could go into hiding in Penicuik. no-one would find us there..."

The illuminating Trainspotting
Sick boy: "Do you see the beast? Have you got it in your sights?"
Rents: "Clear enough, Miss Moneypenny! This should present no significant problems!"
Sick boy: "For a vegetarian, Rents, you're a f***in' EVIL shot!"

Begbie: "You doss c^nt!"

Rents: (on opium suppositories) "For all the good they've done me, I might as well have stuck them up my arse!"

The Biblical, yet still cool Spartacus
Everyone: "I'm Spartacus"

Fight club
Marla: "My God. I haven't been f***ed like that since grade school."
Tyler: "Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give her the ass or the crotch?"
Tyler: "The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!"
Tyler: "The things you own end up owning you."

American beauty
"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave In."

Gone With The Wind
Rhett: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Rhett: "No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."

Star Wars
Vader (to Luke): "No, I am your father." *audience gasp*

Labyrinth
Bowie: "I Ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say, and I will be your slave."

Bartleby
I prefer not to” *catchphrase*

"Are you going to let yourself be taken in by this saint in Dior's clothing? I will tell you the simple truth about her. She is a cow. I wouldn't mind that so much, but she seems to have become a sacred cow as well"

"You Judus. You Phlegm"

Look Back In Anger

Jimmy Porter (Richard Burton)

Withnail & I
I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.

High Hopes
Women, all the bleeding same—f***ing losers. (I shall not agree, but in a context it did sound great.)

L'eclisse
Why do we ask so many questions? Two people shouldn't know each other too well if they want to fall in love. But, then, maybe they shouldn't fall in love at all.

Lets have some Woody Allen:

Annie Hall:
Annie Hall: So you wanna go into the movie or what?
Alvy Singer: No, I can't go into a movie that's already started, because I'm anal.
Annie Hall: That's a polite word for what you are.

"There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly. The... the other important joke, for me, is one that's usually attributed to Groucho Marx; but, I think it appears originally in Freud's "Wit and Its Relation to the Unconscious," and it goes like this - I'm paraphrasing - um, "I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member." That's the key joke of my adult life, in terms of my relationships with women"

Manhattan:
"I think people should mate for life, like pigeons or Catholics"
"My analyst warned me, but you were so beautiful I got another analyst"

Hannah & her Sisters:
"A week ago I bought a rifle, I went to the store - I bought a rifle! I was gonna, you know, if they told me I had a tumor, I was gonna kill myself. The only thing that might-ve stopped me - MIGHT'VE - is that my parents would be devastated. I would have to shoot them also, first. And then I have an aunt and uncle - you know - it would've been a blood bath"
After a bad date:
"I had a great evening; it was like the Nuremberg Trials"

Its beyond my control.

Nice one Troubs,

To all the lovely folk that have posted in this thread, i give you Robert Duvall's message of thanks for your post! :p (2:20seconds into clip)

[youtube]igD6yoZnVRk&feature=related[/youtube]
"F^ck you Captain Yardley, f^ck you very much" (shakes hand politely:thumb:)

My Man Godfrey

Alexander Bullock: All you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right kind of people.

Irene: Life is but an empty bubble.

Irene: Can you butle?
Godfrey: Butle?
Irene: Yes, we're fresh out of butlers. The one we had left this morning.

Angelica Bullock: You mustn't come between Irene and Godfrey. He's the first thing she's shown any affection for since her pomeranian died last summer.

Stage Door

Jean Maitland: We started off on the wrong foot. Let's stay that way.

Jean Maitland: When I get back to my room, you're the only thing I want to find missing.

Eve: A pleasant little foursome. I predict a hatchet murder before the night's over.

Jean Maitland: [to Linda Shaw as she is leaving for a dinner date] Don't chew the bones and give yourself away!

Amadeus

[last lines]
[Salieri is wheelchaired through the insane asylum]
Salieri: Mediocrities everywhere... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you all.

Barefoot in the Park

Ethel: I had to park the car three blocks away. Then it started to rain so I ran the last two blocks. Then my heel got caught in a subway grating. When I pulled my foot out, I stepped in a puddle. Then a cab went by and splashed my stockings. If the hardware store downstairs was open, I was going to buy a knife and kill myself.

All About Eve

Addison DeWitt: You're maudlin and full of self-pity. You're magnificent!

Moonstruck

Rose: Do you love him, Loretta?
Loretta Castorini: Aw, ma, I love him awful.
Rose: Oh, God, that's too bad.

Rose: How's the mother?
Loretta Castorini: She's dying. But I could still hear her big mouth.

Nice one Troubs,

To all the lovely folk that have posted in this thread, i give you Robert Duvall's message of thanks for your post! :p (2:20seconds into clip)

[youtube]igD6yoZnVRk&feature=related[/youtube]
"F^ck you Captain Yardley, f^ck you very much" (shakes hand politely:thumb:)

Falling Down is one of my favorites. I love the traffic jam scene.

Tags
comedy films quotes t.v.
Back
Top Bottom