She is off the tour.

vicarinatutugal

can't reMember
My band, KRISTEENYOUNG, have been asked to leave the Morrissey tour. Although I have been advised not to respond or issue a statement, my feelings are that I must. We have been asked to leave because of something I said on stage at The Hammerstein Ballroom, in New York City, this past Tuesday night. Unfortunately, the statement has been perceived as being profane (when, actually, one of the two words in question is a scientific term found in junior high, health class text books, and the other word, I feel most would agree, is lightweight slang) or defamatory. What I said was part of a thread of stage statements I made throughout our set. They were metaphorical and overstated to make an artistic point. The “offending” statement, in particular, was in no way a literal statement, and was very much in keeping with the tone of my writing in general. I reach for beauty and intelligence in my lyrics, but try to retain a bit of the everyday in them. Maybe the statement was a bit TOO everyday. Maybe I misjudged… but I meant no harm. I love Morrissey with all of my heart, soul, body, spirit, to the core of my existence and always will. These will be the only words I will ever write or speak on the subject ever again. Please don’t ask for an interview or e-mail me with questions.

-Kristeen
Friday, October 26, 2007=

Do you have the link, please? :cool:

That's too bad. I feel sorry for her. She was so close to completing the tour. The comments were foolish, not offensive.

I'm also sorry to say I think it reflects poorly on whoever made the decision to fire her.

no I got it in an email. I suppose you will have to wait till the statement goes on their myspace or something.

Ah, thanks. (She has written to you? Maybe you could ask her if she had drunk when she said that. If not, it means she is rather stupid. She can go and visit a doctor.:cool:).
I will wait to see what happens next...:rolleyes:

That's too bad. I feel sorry for her. She was so close to completing the tour. The comments were foolish, not offensive.

I'm also sorry to say I think it reflects poorly on whoever made the decision to fire her.

I agree. They could have avoided any hassle and let them finish the tour.
I have to say I am disappointed.

:eek: Wow
That's actually too bad. Not the way to go out esp in mid-tour. I think people totally overeacted. And didn't she say cunninglingus? That first G is important as in maybe she meant 'cunning' 'linguist'. And Moz is not right in the head (nor are we) but 'feeds ours' wonderfully with his music and genius so in a way -pun intended- maybe he does give good head. ok, I'm reaching here. I've always said he gives 'good face', but that just means he's photogenic :) I do think she's had her turn for far too long opening for him. Nothing disrespectful, but he helped make her a name and now she can and should do her own thing. It's just a shame they couldn't finish out the tour. The natives are restless and we want fresh blood. Whoever it is -will surely endure some amount of criticism.

Yah!
That means I won't have to bring ear plugs with me tonight.

Ah, thanks. (She has written to you? Maybe you could ask her if she had drunk when she said that. If not, it means she is rather stupid. She can go and visit a doctor.:cool:).
I will wait to see what happens next...:rolleyes:

nothing will happen next, she will go tour with someone else.
she was not drunk I know it was a joke, but she made it clear she meant no harm it was a joke, a juvenile one yes, but is she to be hung for it?

said it before and no doubt will repeat myself, I am disappointed with the outcome of this.
Maybe I am in the minority but I enjoy her music and this will not put me off.

It was Morrissey's decision if this is true, I doubt anyone else made him do it.

It's a horrible thing to do to her, I hope he comes to regret it. He let her down when she most needed his support. :mad:

It was Morrissey's decision if this is true, I doubt anyone else made him do it.

It's a horrible thing to do to her, I hope he comes to regret it. He let her down when she most needed his support. :mad:

Very likely you're right, although the tour manager might have had other reasons and Morrissey reluctantly had to agree. Perhaps there was some silly regulation at the Hammerstein Ballroom that she violated. Had she made her comments on Sunday night rather than Tuesday, she might still be on the tour. It's possible the HB disinvited her and they figured it would be easiest to cut her loose since the tour was almost at an end. Who knows?

If Morrissey did give her the boot, this is yet another case of a Morrissey friend or associate showing loyalty despite being bruised by him in some way. The spell he has over those close to him is amazing. I assume they believe him to be a good person who occasionally makes mistakes, which is pretty much what I think (guessing, of course).

Last edited:

I think she was lucky to have been on the tour in the first place. She's freakin' awful, IMHO.

I don't think it's for us to judge whether the comments were offensive, since we weren't the subject of them. Based on what little we do know about Morrissey, I thought the comments were problematic and I'm not entirely surprised there were consequences.

I also don't think it's fair to say her termination reflects poorly on anyone since we don't know what (if anything) she'd been told about comments that she could or could not make, don't know anything much about their personal relationship, and don't know anything else about the backstage context in which the remarks were made. I do know that if some guy warming up for Joan Baez (or pick some other woman artist) said onstage that she gave great blow jobs, we wouldn't expect to see him warming up anymore.

EDIT: Since she's in NY anyway, maybe she can go warm up for that Croatian racist guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
so, who will replace?

I'm going to tonight's show and was planning on getting there during Kristeen's performance, now I'll have to get there earlier to see who's opening.

The suspense is killing me!

nothing will happen next, she will go tour with someone else.
but is she to be hung for it?
I meant if she writes a message on myspace, something like that. And ...yes. :D
I am impatient to know what the new band will sound like.:) I think it will be interesting to have some change.

Tags
kristeen young
Back
Top Bottom