Shoplifters Of The World - Official trailer

ShopliftersYouTubeDescription.jpg

Update:
February 5, 2021.
The trailer now features on Morrissey Central:
"NOW TODAY TOMORROW AND ALWAYS"

This would be so great to see in a theater with all that Smiths music! I'll see it any way I can though.

The trailer is cringe. Let’s hope the film is better. Though to be honest, I
probably will pass on this kind of film.

Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion that this was not how it really went down.

And in spite of the haters and those that don’t understand Morrissey, as long as there are humans on this planet to be touched, Morrissey’s art will be doing the touching, long after we’re all dead.

Viva Moz !!!

:cool:

Maybe í'm ill, but this actually looks like it could be...not shit?

They can have that for the posters, gratis.

Not sure what others were expecting but this looks like it's going to be some harmless lightweight fun.

Nothing wrong with that.

í just thought to hear those songs cut to the visuals felt quite tinglesome.
Kijak is a dude who knows full well how to put great tunes & interesting images together, but that's with his fine docs on the Stones and Scott Walker. Whether he can excel with script and actors added to the mix is yet to be seen.
But that trailer gave me a much-needed Thursday thrill :thumb:

I am not sure if the movie will be any good but I would say this is going to be the best movie soundtrack ever.. future included.

Think I already posted this in some other thread, but the official Smiths Spotify account has a playlist with all 20 songs that are in the film

Is this one of those trailers that basically tells you the entire story? It seems like we get the beginning, middle and end here - is there any point in actually seeing it?

Screenshot_20210304-224545~2.png

Regards,
FWD.

í just thought to hear those songs cut to the visuals felt quite tinglesome.
Kijak is a dude who knows full well how to put great tunes & interesting images together, but that's with his fine docs on the Stones and Scott Walker. Whether he can excel with script and actors added to the mix is yet to be seen.
But that trailer gave me a much-needed Thursday thrill :thumb:

Well, that without question is the best part of it.

I usually have a problem with period pieces even if they’re trying to recreate 1987, yes, soooo long ago!

Still it’s nice, another vehicle and chance for Morrissey to be introduced to future generations.

I must move fast, you understand me
I want to go down in celluloid history’

And you will, Moz, you will.

:thumb:

Well, that without question is the best part of it.

I usually have a problem with period pieces even if they’re trying to recreate 1987, yes, soooo long ago!

Still it’s nice, another vehicle and chance for Morrissey to be introduced to future generations.

I must move fast, you understand me
I want to go down in celluloid history’

And you will, Moz, you will.

:thumb:

I think he's gonna be quite happy about it. He complained that the 'story' about the alleged hostage-taking didn't get more coverage back then and I think he's going to be pleased to see it immortalised ... I was gonna say 'on the big screen' but that won't happen for many of us. Well, on some screen, at least.

Of course they hyped the whole thing up, but I don't think they're claiming it's a true story in all its details...

Last edited:
I think he's gonna be quite happy about it. He complained that the 'story' about the alleged hostage-taking didn't get more coverage back then and I think he's going to be pleased to see it immortalised ... I was gonna say 'on the big screen' but that won't happen for many of us. Well, on some screen, at least.

Oh yes I’m sure he’ll like it in that way, and Mike should be getting his cut (?) so he’s happy too I bet.

Of course they hyped the whole thing up, but I don't think they're claiming it's a true story in all its details...

Yeah, you’re right.

Oh yes I’m sure he’ll like it in that way, and Mike should be getting his cut (?) so he’s happy too I bet.

I'm not even going to pretend to understand how exactly the distribution of Smiths royalties works (mostly because I honestly don't care) but Morrissey agreed to the songs being used so he doesn't seem to mind...

Tags
shoplifters movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom