Should Morrissey have paid Joyce the million?

Silent Reader

On Timeout
On Timeout
An earlier comment on here about Morrissey being a tax dodger (just like Lewis Hamilton, but it's 'racist' to say that isn't it) brought back to mind the million he has evaded paying Joyce.

Having read his autobiography, I believe Morrissey's account of the case, it was only his attitude that lost him it, along with Joyce playing the thick idiot routine.

Marr was a pussy & coughed up, but I think Mozzer did the right thing not paying. Joyce didn't & doesn't deserve the money.

Thoughts?

An earlier comment on here about Morrissey being a tax dodger (just like Lewis Hamilton, but it's 'racist' to say that isn't it) brought back to mind the million he has evaded paying Joyce.

Having read his autobiography, I believe Morrissey's account of the case, it was only his attitude that lost him it, along with Joyce playing the thick idiot routine.

Marr was a pussy & coughed up, but I think Mozzer did the right thing not paying. Joyce didn't & doesn't deserve the money.

Thoughts?

I don’t think he did as it was 50/50 between him and Marr, although it ended up costing Morrissey a lot more than 50% as he was late with the 2nd payment.

Thinking the whole charade was unfair, but whoever told Morrissey he could win had dollar signs in their eyes. Isn't that the lawyers OM? I think Joyce was more desperate than bad. I think the Manchester Rudy was sly and cunning. and the Judas of the band. Drop him from the reunion concert Morrissey. LOL

I think he did what made him feel better and that’s hard to put a price on

I think he did what made him feel better and that’s hard to put a price on
I agree. Money matters less the nearer we reach finality. MMO. Morrissey moves on , by the grace of God. :rock:

there was a post on true to you years ago where M laid out all the facts and figures,was fascinating seeing how much he has paid in lawyers fees and everything else.wish someone on here had it,would like another look at it.

there was a post on true to you years ago where M laid out all the facts and figures,was fascinating seeing how much he has paid in lawyers fees and everything else.wish someone on here had it,would like another look at it.
Look at it? We’d only be voyeurs. The damage was done. He didn’t know lawyers like I do. Everyone learns. Morrissey was never going to win. Though ultimately he did. Love you Moz ❤️ :coupleheart:

Is search function not working? There are zillion threads about this already
Maybe in the archives, but i never saw one when i went to type it. And anyway, it was 23 years ago, i doubt many people on here now have taken part in those threads.

I notice @Radis Noir marked your post informative, but he won't take part. As per. LOL!:ROFLMAO:

🤒

FH Mike is still trying to collect.o_O
Hes broke that why him and "Ian":lbf:
"Ian from Dover" or is it "Ian from Scotland, a Km from
the border" are making schemes.:straightface:

IAN WON THE FAKE ITEM!!!!:rolleyes:
CONGRATS IAN!!!o_O
will send the item to your attention post haste via
Royal Air Mail:lbf:

And apart from breaking news, there isn't really anything else to talk about re Morrissey is there. It's all in the past.
Well - there are two ways about your original question.
Legally he should have and must pay what the judge decided. It's the law, there is no way out.
Morally you can analyse this to death which we already did - see again: search function.

🤒

FH Mike is still trying to collect.o_O
Hes broke that why him and "Ian":lbf:
"Ian from Dover" or is it "Ian from Scotland, a Km from
the border" are making schemes.:straightface:

IAN WON THE FAKE ITEM!!!!:rolleyes:
CONGRATS IAN!!!o_O
will send the item to your attention post haste via
Royal Air Mail:lbf:
Doesn't Johnny Marr have a younger brother called Ian Maher? Wasn't Johnny's brother an actor?

Was Ian C from Scotland? Maybe C is short for Cunningham.

Thinking the whole charade was unfair, but whoever told Morrissey he could win had dollar signs in their eyes. Isn't that the lawyers OM? I think Joyce was more desperate than bad. I think the Manchester Rudy was sly and cunning. and the Judas of the band. Drop him from the reunion concert Morrissey. LOL
I didn’t know much about Morrissey until I read about the case. Reminded me of Oscar Wilde’s Mother telling Oscar to fight the Judiciary in London. Nice but naive. It was over before it began. Makes for interesting reflection in history. Love you Moz x

There’s no such thing as objective truth

Well - there are two ways about your original question.
Legally he should have and must pay what the judge decided. It's the law, there is no way out.
Morally you can analyse this to death which we already did - see again: search function.
No, I'd rather go over it all again if it's all the same to you.

Back
Top Bottom