Poll Shove all Morrissey Central threads into one thread?

Shove all Morrissey Central threads into one thread?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
A

Anonymous

Shove all Morrissey Central threads into one thread.

This is Morrissey-Solo not Morrissey Central 2.0.

Create a sub-forum if you must, but combining all of them into one thread would probably end in total chaos.

I don't see any need for this at all to be honest, it's not like Central threats prevent people from posting other topics...

Last edited:
Create a sub-forum if you must, but combining all of hem into one threat would probably end in total chaos.

I don't see any need for this at all to be honest, it's not like Central threats prevent people from posting other topics...

55% of the threads on the first page are all Central threads. Very easy to make that 100%.

A separate forum as long as they’re still featured on the front page.

Should the same logic apply to all your poll posts?
There is an information drought with no gigs and post-bereavement etc - feel free to go source 'better' Morrissey news and try ignoring/dealing with the stuff that doesn't match your expectation of what should be provided on this site.
Other than that, put up with the idea that aggregation of all Central posts will happen here regardless of your dislike of them and each will have their own thread to drive and separate discussion - whether 100 posts in the next week or 1 a month (exactly like TTY posts here historically).
FWD.

Should the same logic apply to all your poll posts?
There is an information drought with no gigs and post-bereavement etc - feel free to go source 'better' Morrissey news and try ignoring/dealing with the stuff that doesn't match your expectation of what should be provided on this site.
Other than that, put up with the idea that aggregation of all Central posts will happen here regardless of your dislike of them and each will have their own thread to drive and separate discussion - whether 100 posts in the next week or 1 a month (exactly like TTY posts here historically).
FWD.

The narrative of the General Discussion forum is now being driven by Morrissey Central. Unless you can't see that?

The narrative of the General Discussion forum is now being driven by Morrissey Central. Unless you can't see that?
Maybe post something constructive then? What's stopping you from making your own threads about topics you'd like to see being discussed?

Things being posted on Morrissey's blog are obviously of some relevance to a Morrissey forum...

Last edited:
Maybe post something constructive then? What's stopping you from making your own threats about topics you'd like to see being discussed?

Things being posted on Morrissey's blog are obviously of some relevance to a Morrissey forum...

Take at look at General. 85% are now Morrissey Central threads.

Take at look at General. 85% are now Morrissey Central threads.
Yes, thanks to your pushing of months-old threads. Well done.

morrissey central is what it is,its a site for things that influenced M or to anounce a death of someone he admired or to show some covers of his songs performed by other people.

I have chosen not to vote in this poll. My reasons will not be given and will add no further comments on this matter.

Hmmm...I looked at this earlier very quickly and thought the poll was made by @GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn and that we were just voting on whether or not the central posts should have their own forum instead of being thrown in with the general discussion. I didn’t realize this was started by a disgruntled anonymous weirdo. Sorry.

I’m pro central posts and I don’t care where they are as long as they are featured on the front page!

It’s a Morrissey website/forum. That seems to be the end of the argument.

Not obvious to any sane and thinking people.

What’s obvious is what was already suggested to you just above. Start new threads with any relevant discussion topics to your interest and liking.

The spamming of Morrissey Central posts on Morrissey-Solo, I believe, is intentional. Team Morrissey is well aware that the only website that gives a shit about anything Morrissey related is <s>NME<s/> Morrissey-Solo. Pretty sure they place bets on how quickly Morrissey Central posts get posted on Morrissey-Solo. Must be a bloody hoot!

The spamming of Morrissey Central posts on Morrissey-Solo, I believe, is intentional. Team Morrissey is well aware that the only website that gives a shit about anything Morrissey related is <s>NME<s/> Morrissey-Solo. Pretty sure they place bets on how quickly Morrissey Central posts get posted on Morrissey-Solo. Must be a bloody hoot!
I probably don't agree with some parts of your idea (mostly the way to express it), but I think you are quite right.
Morrissey had a problem with this forum in the past, he didn't like the direction it had (in most cases placing The Smiths over his solo work)...
And it is hard to know if it was intentional or not, but he created his Central and probably discovered that with Central he can finally be in charge of the direction of the forum most of the time...
Nowadays it is Morrissey (or Sam) the one who decides the 70% of what we talk about here. He somehow managed to be the one who creates most of the threads without even having to log in or have an account. "If you can't defeat them, feed them".

You have made me realize it... and I think it was a smart move. Hard to know if it was intentional or accidental, but it's a wise move. I like it.

I probably don't agree with some parts of your idea (mostly the way to express it), but I think you are quite right.
Morrissey had a problem with this forum in the past, he didn't like the direction it had (in most cases placing The Smiths over his solo work)...
And it is hard to know if it was intentional or not, but he created his Central and probably discovered that with Central he can finally be in charge of the direction of the forum most of the time...
Nowadays it is Morrissey (or Sam) the one who decides the 70% of what we talk about here. He somehow managed to be the one who creates most of the threads without even having to log in or have an account. "If you can't defeat them, feed them".

You have made me realize it... and I think it was a smart move. Hard to know if it was intentional or accidental, but it's a wise move. I like it.

From above:

Back
Top Bottom