Simon Goddard interviews Bryan Ferry - inserts Moz/Marr questions

I bet you a dollar she uses this. :p

I'll raise you one pound sterling it's this ~

category_1.jpg

:p

??? :confused:Lady Gaga and "brillant lyrics",this guy is insane:crazy:

Going to see Roxy Music next week at Lovebox (?). This interview has not really whetted my appetite, but reading the probable setlist has!

Does Bryan still go foxhunting? I know his son does. With Jeremy Clarkson perhaps (ugh!)

Jonathan Ross was saying on his Radio 2 show the other day that the Beeb had offered to try and get anyone he really wanted for his final BBC One chatshow. He chose Roxy Music as the final musical guests, and they've agreed to play any songs he likes. He wouldn't say which ones they'll do, but they're old and rare. Just have to wait until 16th of July.
Apparently he'd thought of trying to get Bowie, but he's already been on the show a couple of times, whilst Roxy never have.
David Beckham and Jackie Chan are also on...

You are free to resent the jealousy remark. You can think that is it dumb. I stand by it. The fact remains that any cute, young woman who has any association with Morrissey is vilified on this site.

Lady Gaga - There is an 11 page thread about her worth. I would hazard a guess and say at least 7 of those pages are painting her in just a little better light than Pol Pot.

Kristeen Young - Do we need to rehash this? The consensus from the peanut gallery is that is she is some sort of harpy. It was a sustained attack that went further than “I don’t particularly care for her music”.

But do we hear similar of the men? No. Russell Brand is lovely and Jonathan Ross hardly gets a mention. Henry Winkler? Oh wasn’t it funny when they spoke about mashed potatoes. Sarah is greeted with a few hmphs here and there but why be jealous of a woman who looks like a French Mastiff eating a sponge?

I agree about Lady Gaga, but I had to sit through Kristeen Young's performance a number of times, and I felt that was the sustained attack. Morrissey was to blame, not her. She was not and never will be able to entertain any audience that is not of her devoted followers, and her relationship with his audience was adversarial by her choice. She had quite a lot of people to perform to at Hollywood Bowl but she focused her remarks on the empty seats. She is her own worst enemy and it has nothing to do with jealousy. I made sure to see her in Pasadena because I'd been reading some complimentary remarks about her, the type of comments I think people make hoping that Morrissey will read them and invite them to tea or something, but she was absolutely awful. A lot of it had to do with the sound, which they fixed before Morrissey came on, but still every time I have seen her she has projected an attitude of entitlement. She does not care about the audience, she just wants more people to be there worshiping her artistry, and it's a spread very thin in my opinion. From what I can tell musically she has, at best, variations on three songs.The costumes are interesting, she has a passable new wave shriek, but nothing she does stays with me.

I would agree that the right response in most cases is to move on to the next thing that you do like, but I had to comment. There is a definite reason that people don't like her and it's because she makes it very difficult to do so.

ps I hate Russell Brand haha

Jonathan Ross was saying on his Radio 2 show the other day that the Beeb had offered to try and get anyone he really wanted for his final BBC One chatshow. He chose Roxy Music as the final musical guests, and they've agreed to play any songs he likes. He wouldn't say which ones they'll do, but they're old and rare. Just have to wait until 16th of July.
Apparently he'd thought of trying to get Bowie, but he's already been on the show a couple of times, whilst Roxy never have.
David Beckham and Jackie Chan are also on...

You just said the Beeb...
I said the 'bury...

now bury the hatchet...

Going to see Roxy Music next week at Lovebox (?). This interview has not really whetted my appetite, but reading the probable setlist has!

Does Bryan still go foxhunting? I know his son does. With Jeremy Clarkson perhaps (ugh!)

Lucky so-and-so...I envy...

I agree about Lady Gaga, but I had to sit through Kristeen Young's performance a number of times, and I felt that was the sustained attack. Morrissey was to blame, not her. She was not and never will be able to entertain any audience that is not of her devoted followers, and her relationship with his audience was adversarial by her choice. She had quite a lot of people to perform to at Hollywood Bowl but she focused her remarks on the empty seats. She is her own worst enemy and it has nothing to do with jealousy. I made sure to see her in Pasadena because I'd been reading some complimentary remarks about her, the type of comments I think people make hoping that Morrissey will read them and invite them to tea or something, but she was absolutely awful. A lot of it had to do with the sound, which they fixed before Morrissey came on, but still every time I have seen her she has projected an attitude of entitlement. She does not care about the audience, she just wants more people to be there worshiping her artistry, and it's a spread very thin in my opinion. From what I can tell musically she has, at best, variations on three songs.The costumes are interesting, she has a passable new wave shriek, but nothing she does stays with me.

I would agree that the right response in most cases is to move on to the next thing that you do like, but I had to comment. There is a definite reason that people don't like her and it's because she makes it very difficult to do so.

ps I hate Russell Brand haha

Dave, my comment was squarely aimed at a direct few whom recently seem to have now left the building. That was in the part you didn't include in your quote.

I can understand if people felt that her music was not for them. However, I introduced her name into my argument for the sake of building a picture of how young women are seen by these certain harrigans.

When the photo of Kristeen atop Morrissey's shoulders was released comments such as "That photo makes me sick." and personal attacks stating that Kristeen is mentally unstable was forthcoming. Seen in conjunction with comments such as 'Cat Deeley should be shot in the head', makes for an ugly reaction based, in my opinion, on jealousy.

My post was sparked because this thread isn't even about Lady Gaga however, it seemed the 11 page thread was not enough to show their distaste. A little dig had to be had here as well.

I'd share a pot of tea with you anytime. :)
I might even share my pot of pot with you, but I aint promisin'....

Please forgive...I am from the land of Starbucks and pots don't exist...

I wasn't askin' to swap spit or nuthin' like that...:blushing:

Please forgive...I am from the land of Starbucks and pots don't exist...

I wasn't askin' to swap spit or nuthin' like that...:blushing:

No worries.
As a matter of fact, up here in Scotland we love to down a pot of spit. Otherwise known as Tennent's Special.
(one for the locals there ;))

No worries.
As a matter of fact, up here in Scotland we love to down a pot of spit. Otherwise known as Tennent's Special.
(one for the locals there ;))

Ok...back to Bryan Ferry. Can we at least agree that we enjoy his music? He holds an extremely special place in my heart...

When the photo of Kristeen atop Morrissey's shoulders was released comments such as "That photo makes me sick." and personal attacks stating that Kristeen is mentally unstable was forthcoming.

And yet even Bryan, who appears to be more interested in hunting than in listening to "you are the quarry", probably got the "support act" joke.

Hell, even Rick understood it! :squiffy:

You are free to resent the jealousy remark. You can think that is it dumb. I stand by it. The fact remains that any cute, young woman who has any association with Morrissey is vilified on this site.

Lady Gaga - There is an 11 page thread about her worth. I would hazard a guess and say at least 7 of those pages are painting her in just a little better light than Pol Pot.

Kristeen Young - Do we need to rehash this? The consensus from the peanut gallery is that is she is some sort of harpy. It was a sustained attack that went further than “I don’t particularly care for her music”.

Cat Deeley – One poster said she should be shot in the head. Why? Well, she stood next to Morrissey when he appeared on a show she was presenting.

But do we hear similar of the men? No. Russell Brand is lovely and Jonathan Ross hardly gets a mention. Henry Winkler? Oh wasn’t it funny when they spoke about mashed potatoes. Sarah is greeted with a few hmphs here and there but why be jealous of a woman who looks like a French Mastiff eating a sponge?

This goes beyond criticism or dislike. A young woman in the public eye is in close proximity to Morrissey and this site’s gorgon collective rain down to dismember her and feed on her carcass. It is ugly. And if you wouldn't want to trade lives with these people but see the necessity for such a vitriolic response then that's worse. That's just bitterness at the success of others.

Lady Gaga is shite.
Jonathan Ross is a c***.

I'm not jealous of either of them, I just do not like them. Nothing to do with bitterness...just personal taste.

Back
Top Bottom