Small talking point inspired by CS liner (reissues?)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Not a fan of speculation based on little information, but...
Whilst picking up the album formats yesterday, my extremely 'in the know' (and Moz fan himself) shop owner asked me if I would be buying any reissues.
It took a few minutes for the cogs to whir and it dawned on me that he was implying the sheet (or CD gatefold) in the album was perhaps an indication of a reissued back catalogue.
His view was formed after a chat with the Warners rep, but I'm not privy to that conversation.

What do people make of it?
It would seem daft to print a sheet with (most of) his collected works on and urge people to buy things that are now deleted or unavailable.

I know the prospect of yet more reissues would not be welcomed by some, but there are people new to this and can't source affordable copies of the old/deleted vinyl etc.

I've put this in the collectors section as it will probably impact (slightly) on vinyl values if any of the companies on the liner sheet do re-release stuff...

Also, I guess it's pretty good evidence that Étienne is an independent imprint of BMG as there's not many companies that would advertise other companies products in their latest record!?

What do the hardcore collectors amongst us think?

Regards,
FWD.

Whilst picking up the album formats yesterday, my extremely 'in the know' (and Moz fan himself) shop owner asked me if I would be buying any reissues.
It took a few minutes for the cogs to whir and it dawned on me that he was implying the sheet (or CD gatefold) in the album was perhaps an indication of a reissued back catalogue.
His view was formed after a chat with the Warners rep, but I'm not privy to that conversation.

It would seem daft to print a sheet with (most of) his collected works on and urge people to buy things that are now deleted or unavailable.

I know the prospect of yet more reissues would not be welcomed by some, but there are people new to this and can't source affordable copies of the old/deleted vinyl etc.

I've put this in the collectors section as it will probably impact (slightly) on vinyl values if any of the companies on the liner sheet do re-release stuff...

Also, I guess it's pretty good evidence that Étienne is an independent imprint of BMG as there's not many companies that would advertise other companies products in their latest record!?

Regards,
FWD.

££££££££££££££££££

Regards,
FWD.
Interesting, World Peace could do with an issue in the first place...

FWD - I note you have little interaction with Skinny and the rest of the Addams family. What is your view on the negativity of this site - it must be such a downer in light of your tremendous informative efforts.

Interesting, World Peace could do with an issue in the first place...

FWD - I note you have little interaction with Skinny and the rest of the Addams family. What is your view on the negativity of this site - it must be such a downer in light of your tremendous informative efforts.

Lol

Back
Top Bottom