Smiths double CD There Is A Light & Jeane w Sandie Shaw limited pressing 19137

Giant

user number 440 from 1997
Hello Smiths/Morrissey Folks

Bought this back in the late 90’s. I’m almost certain off a collector here on Morrissey-solo when it was in it’s infancy stages. It’s over 20 years ago forgive me, can’t recall the guys name…Anyway, I just took it out of storage. I don’t know much about it except it has a (catalog number? Is that what that number refers too?) of 19137-

I know it has the Jeane version with Sandie Shaw on vocals. Has an interesting sleeve too... the inside back leaf has an image of a man I don’t know who (what Actor I assume) it is…. Anyone know a little more about it? or what the general value of it is?

I bought this along with a 9”(?) vinyl of The Smiths Marie Is The Name Of His Latest Flame which came in a pinkish sleeve with an image of Elvis I believe (will post pics of that soon).

Please see the link for a few more of the photos…I’d appreciate any info or general value if anyone knows. Also If the guy is still on here who sold it to me that would be cool, send me a msg if you happen to see this!

IMG_20190710_145719.jpg

IMG_20190710_144626.jpg

IMG_20190710_145256.jpg

IMG_20190710_145211.jpg

IMG_20190710_145439.jpg

IMG_20190710_145507.jpg

IMG_20190710_145337.jpg

IMG_20190710_145606.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the info I appreciate it.

Why did they put the number like that on the front cover? Doesn’t seem like something releases usually do, was this something that was released for sale like that?

Thanks again

PS Any idea about the vinyl Maries TheName I alluded to in my original post?

(I know I could just google it but was looking for the perspective of the collectors here on (MOZ-SOLO)

Hi

CD2 of the release of There is a Light has a number on the front cover because it was a
limited release:

UK CD5 #2 [WEA YZ0003CD2 / 91153-2]
The second UK cd-single shows a different photo of cover star Sandie Shaw in a pink tint (view left). There is no text on the front but there is a box in which a number was stamped because this item was limited and numbered

Information taken from Passionsjustlikemine.com

As for the vinyl of Maries The Name, I personally haven't heard about it, but it is almost definitely a bootleg.

From the same source:

"(Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame"
(Doc Pomus/Mort Shuman)

songs-genesis.jpg

See 'live performances' section below for information.

songs-studio.jpg

This song was never released in a studio form.

songs-media.jpg

This song has never been performed specifically for radio or television.

songs-live.jpg

This song's first two verses were sung as an intro to "Rusholme Ruffians" in live performances from the latter half of 1985 and most of 1986. See the 'Live performances' section of the latter title for more information.

songs-demos.jpg

No demos or studio outtakes of this song have leaked to the general public at this point in time.

A photo of the item would help?

Thank you for that info and I will post a photo of Maries The Name on Vinyl As Soon as I can

Thanks again!

Hi

CD2 of the release of There is a Light has a number on the front cover because it was a
limited release:

UK CD5 #2 [WEA YZ0003CD2 / 91153-2]
The second UK cd-single shows a different photo of cover star Sandie Shaw in a pink tint (view left). There is no text on the front but there is a box in which a number was stamped because this item was limited and numbered

Information taken from Passionsjustlikemine.com

As for the vinyl of Maries The Name, I personally haven't heard about it, but it is almost definitely a bootleg.

From the same source:

"(Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame"
(Doc Pomus/Mort Shuman)

songs-genesis.jpg

See 'live performances' section below for information.

songs-studio.jpg

This song was never released in a studio form.

songs-media.jpg

This song has never been performed specifically for radio or television.

songs-live.jpg

This song's first two verses were sung as an intro to "Rusholme Ruffians" in live performances from the latter half of 1985 and most of 1986. See the 'Live performances' section of the latter title for more information.

songs-demos.jpg

No demos or studio outtakes of this song have leaked to the general public at this point in time.

A photo of the item would help?

Tags
cd 19137 jeane featuring sandie shaw morrissey sandie shaw smiths double cd the smiths
Back
Top Bottom