Smiths March 4, 1985

Asleep at the Wheel

This is Me on a Pale Day
Here's a show that hasn't been uploaded here, AFAIK. Above average audience recording. Enjoy!

4 March 1985
Hexagon, Reading

William It Was Really Nothing
I Want The One I Can't Have
What She Said
Handsome Devil
How Soon Is Now?
Shakespeare's Sister
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
Reel Around The Fountain
Rusholme Ruffians
Hand In Glove
The Headmaster Ritual
Nowhere Fast
Still Ill
Meat Is Murder
Barbarism Begins At Home
Miserable Lie

192K, 104 megs

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HMV4PRO9

Thank you for this. Now all I need is the Reading 84 gig.:D

Thanks, asleep. This is a nice one...

I dont think there was any intent NOT to credit the source, but the fact remains that these shows have been traded and swapped tons of times and the original source kind of gets lost in the hand over process. I agree that we should give credit where credit is due. But we also need to understand that the majority of the time we have no idea "who" recorded the show, all we know is from whom we got our copy from. I encourage you to point out and recognize those individuals who had the foresight to tape these shows so that they could be shared with fans years later.

BR

I agree that there was no intent to not to credit the source. I also agree that often we have no idea who taped it originally and I'm not suggesting that people try and find out before sharing.

In this case though, Steve uploaded his master publically for the first time on Friday and it's here as MP3 three days later. I'm making an assumption that it was downloaded and encoded as MP3 in that period, but it's a pretty safe one.

Whatever, not a big deal; just a comment.

Thats cool. And, it was a valid point to share.
For whatever it counts for, I think people need to remember that no matter what show they are downloading from here or anywhere for that matter, they need to remember that someone out there took the time and risk to get a bootleg copy for show X, then took the time to convert it so as we as the community could also enjoy the show.
just my thoughts, take em with a grain of salt.

BR

Back
Top Bottom