Smiths or Street?

Emotional Guide Dog

Chairman Of The Bored
I don't know how to make this a poll so I'll just have to ask:

My wife & I were talking about whether we'd like the Smiths to re-form or not, she said she wouldn't cos it would never be as good.

On the other hand, I'd rather have a Morrissey album with his current band but produced by Stephen Street.

What does we all think?

I agree with neither of you.

Morrissey should work with Tony Visconti or someone else, not Stephen Street.

I'm not very impressed with Stephen Street's post Smiths and Morrissey output.

I agree with neither of you.

Morrissey should work with Tony Visconti or someone else, not Stephen Street.

Well, I hated Visconti's work on Ringleader, especially his hatchet job on Dear God Please Help Me.

And I'm a very very big Blur fan so I'm also a fan of Street.

Morrissey should be produced by Rick Rubin or Adam Kasper.

Funnily enough, I was talking to Stephen Street the other day and he said he wasn't impressed with your moderating:mock:

Jukebox Jury

Stephen Street, i'd like to see that again.

april04stephen.jpg

There you are. Dreams do come true. :o

I think I may have to read up on music production. :o

I don't know how to make this a poll so I'll just have to ask:
My wife & I were talking about whether we'd like the Smiths to re-form or not, she said she wouldn't cos it would never be as good.
On the other hand, I'd rather have a Morrissey album with his current band but produced by Stephen Street.
What does we all think?

It's Steven Street's songwriting skills that are most sorely missed - his production is good enough but nothing special.
The quality of those early Morrissey/Street compositions was phenomenal.
If the best b-sides from the VH singles (Hairdresser, Sister, Will Not Marry, Disappointed etc) replaced the weaker songs on the album, it'd be way up there with the finest Smiths albums.
I am baffled by the fact that Street hasn't written any more songs since those days. If you have that kind of wonderful songwriting ability, why waste your time producing the Cranberries (and numerous other indie also-rans)?

Re: Stephen Street

It's Steven Street's songwriting skills that are most sorely missed - his production is good enough but nothing special.
The quality of those early Morrissey/Street compositions was phenomenal.
If the best b-sides from the VH singles (Hairdresser, Sister, Will Not Marry, Disappointed etc) replaced the weaker songs on the album, it'd be way up there with the finest Smiths albums.
I am baffled by the fact that Street hasn't written any more songs since those days. If you have that kind of wonderful songwriting ability, why waste your time producing the Cranberries (and numerous other indie also-rans)?

Good question.

Possibly Stephen Street hasn't met a worthy lyricist / singer / band to contribute his songwriting talent since he parted company with Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom