Smiths tribute night axed over Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live

Smiths tribute night axed as organisers tire of defending Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live
Dwindling crowds at Panic on the Streets of Birmingham at Eden Bar

Quote: "A Birmingham (UK) tribute night dedicated to The Smiths has been axed - after organisers grew tired of defending Morrissey's controversial political views."

Seems a bit drastic as Smiths/Morrissey fans are disappointed the popular evening out was pulled:

"Many fans took to social media to express their sadness at the news.

On Facebook, Danny Grainger said: "Me and my dad came to the first one it was brilliant great memories. I also met an ex-girlfriend at one of these nights, hope you have some good photos."

John Keir commented: "Great disco and has been a brilliant after-show following the Brum gigs. A real shame. Thanks for some great nights."

2_JS55971765.jpg

UPDATE 4:50PM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

The actual post & reaction:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a complete and utter load of bollocks. The organisers are still massive Moz fans and will always stay true to him. The Birmingham Mail is to journalism what Amy Turtle was to acting

Smiths tribute night axed as organisers tire of defending Morrissey's politics - Birmingham Live
Dwindling crowds at Panic on the Streets of Birmingham at Eden Bar

Quote: "A Birmingham (UK) tribute night dedicated to The Smiths has been axed - after organisers grew tired of defending Morrissey's controversial political views."

Seems a bit drastic as Smiths/Morrissey fans are disappointed the popular evening out was pulled:

"Many fans took to social media to express their sadness at the news.

On Facebook, Danny Grainger said: "Me and my dad came to the first one it was brilliant great memories. I also met an ex-girlfriend at one of these nights, hope you have some good photos."

John Keir commented: "Great disco and has been a brilliant after-show following the Brum gigs. A real shame. Thanks for some great nights."

2_JS55971765.jpg
Sounds like a lot of people have been left disappointed by the organisers not Morrissey. I wonder what the real reason is for not holding a SMITHS event.
Organisers were ired of defending Morrissey's political views? Give me a break.
Just doesn't ring true.

It's quite sad that having poisoned his own solo career, Morracist is now poisoning The Smiths' legacy.

Who really cares that some shit hole in brumm has cancelled a moz night..looks like the kind of establishment that you wipe your feet on the way out.... never no panic in the streets of Carlisle, we will always be true to you

There's no thought cleansing. If you think that Morrissey should be able to peddle his toxic views unchallenged then you are sadly mistaken.

It sounds like all that negativity affected ticket sales and that's the deciding factor, not censorship. I guess the alt-right don't like to dance??

What a complete and utter load of bollocks. The organisers are still massive Moz fans and will always stay true to him. The Birmingham Mail is to journalism what Amy Turtle was to acting

Well done. You’ve completely missed the point to the closure. His fans have abandoned him, hence the cold business decision of the venue to use the function part of the establishment for other purposes. Nobody is going anymore. The organisers have pretty much spelled out why.

Morrissey has no UK future. He knows it. I know it. You haven’t realised it. Open your eyes. It’s over.

It sounds like all that negativity affected ticket sales and that's the deciding factor, not censorship. I guess the alt-right don't like to dance??
What they don't like is, having expressed their toxic world view, when the rest of us vote with our feet and reject said toxic world view. I've never understood why they think that those of us who abhor their hatred should nevertheless continue to interact with them economically and artistically.

Jews paid them a lot of money and it was all funded by Soros. This is how "democracy" works in 2019. The wealthy in power can buy things and call it the truth.

What they don't like is, having expressed their toxic world view, when the rest of us vote with our feet and reject said toxic world view. I've never understood why they think that those of us who abhor their hatred should nevertheless continue to interact with them economically and artistically.

You said you were't a leftist earlier..........what party do you vote for?

Star & Garter to follow next. That is how you create a false feeling of there being any real protests. Fans get hijacked by the propaganda machine.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom