Sneaking cameras?

lebon21

Does anyone have a good suggestion as to how I can sneak in a camera to the Philly show? From what I read on their webpage, cameras are definitely not allowed, and they even "pat you down"....:eek:

Put it down the front of your trousers (if you're wearing them), they're not allowed to pat you down in these areas. Unless it's a huge SLR, with zoom lens, you should be okay.

Put it down the front of your trousers (if you're wearing them), they're not allowed to pat you down in these areas. Unless it's a huge SLR, with zoom lens, you should be okay.

try and take a shower before going ;P

As a female, I think I would look strange with a bulge in the front of my jeans :)

:p Yeah that would look kind of strange but than again someone may just think you're a male drag queen. :D

I was wondering the same thing, my digital camera is fairly small and it MUST be brought in. I'm planning on watching how well they search, stuck it in my boots for the others shows I went too and they never patted down my boots. My pants covered up the camera. I think it's possible to get it in there.

After 4 Moz concerts this year, I have a full proof plan for you!
I have a black nylon crossbody bag that has a lining. I turned it inside out, made a slit just large enough across the bottom (inside) to slip in my camera, and no problem getting in. I just have a few normal items in my bag (wallet, keys, phone, make-up) and the camera never gets found.
Good luck, and keep posting the pictures!

well,if its a thin enough digital camera you could put in in a mint case,like i and my friend have done for 5 shows,they never looked inside.

on a side note:my friend is at the atlanta show tonight and called me so im listening to the show on speaker phone,is that overboard or crazy?or just down right sweet of my friend?:D

btw he has played panic and first of the gang so far .

well,if its a thin enough digital camera you could put in in a mint case,like i and my friend have done for 5 shows,they never looked inside.

on a side note:my friend is at the atlanta show tonight and called me so im listening to the show on speaker phone,is that overboard or crazy?or just down right sweet of my friend?:D

btw he has played panic and first of the gang so far .
Hope your friend has unlimited minutes on his cellphone plan, or this could be a very costly concert!

Hoo Boy.... here we go...

1 - If you are wearing a hoodie put it in the hood while the hood is not on you. My friend taught me this years ago when he literally walked through with a bottle of Jack in his hood. (1/3 size)

2 - The double slit bag works great.

3 - Went to see Billy Joel twice last year at MSG (Don't want to hear it... its a NY LI thing most of you all wouldn't understand). As I was going in February I walked in from the ice with what my cop friends call a "perp jacket". You can hide ANYTHING in those.

For the most part though... unless I have incredible seats... I do not bother bringing a camera. There is nothing of high quality that I would bring with me that I would not want to risk being taken lost or broken. Anything else means that you have to be real close to see.

I will be in the PIT in Philly so being that close, I really want to get pictures of Morrissey, since this will be my first show!

Thanks for the suggestions!

3 - Went to see Billy Joel twice last year at MSG (Don't want to hear it... its a NY LI thing most of you all wouldn't understand).
im not from NYLI and I still have a spot for Billy Joel :) no apologies for liking other musicians!

I will be in the PIT in Philly so being that close, I really want to get pictures of Morrissey, since this will be my first show!

Thanks for the suggestions!

I so want to get some great photos and video. I'm getting my camera in and that's it.

Between the legs and walking with confidence always works. In Orlando, instead of a wand or a pat down, they had metal detectors to walk through so I placed my camera under my foot in my shoe and walked through with a club foot and a limp. Just be determined.

From what I have read on here, the majority of the venues actually check your purses, etc. Damn - really have no idea if I am going to get my camera in tomorrow or not. DARN!!!!!!!

Between the legs and walking with confidence always works. In Orlando, instead of a wand or a pat down, they had metal detectors to walk through so I placed my camera under my foot in my shoe and walked through with a club foot and a limp. Just be determined.

Genius!!:D

Back
Top Bottom