So what was your favorite new addition to the setlist?

So what was your favorite new addition to the setlist?

• Total voters

Kuiper

Better than Marr
I notice that when I start a rather straightforward topic like this I always have annoying introductory posts. So not this time. :p

EDIT: I didn't have room to include the least played new additions, Good Looking Man About Town and Interesting Drug. I don't expect the former to be very popular anyway (though I quite like it) and the latter was introduced late and only played 3 times so not as many people got a chance to hear it. And I decided to give you all multiple choices because it's simply too hard to choose, isn't it? :D

Last edited:
While there were other songs on the list I was more satisfied to see live I was shocked and amazed at what they put into and what was presented as "The Loop". For a song that I have pretty much skipped over whenever I hear the studio version, the live version was a musical highlight of the shows I went to.

why don't you find out for yourself
the world is full of crashing bores

and I forgot
Billy Budd
interesting drug [just read Kuipers post, this one will always be a live favourite]

London
The Loop
Stretch Out and Wait

Yep, The Loop was absolutely the highlight of every show I saw. The way Morrissey slammed that tambourine, let the band shine, and then stepped up to the mic and sang those simple lines just blew me away. Some things really do get better with time.

A close second was "Last Night I Dreamt." His version at the first Hammerstein show was one of the loveliest Moz moments I've ever had. He looked for all the world as if he were going to break down in tears.

I'm still aglow over it all.

Stretch Out and Wait was my top choice, because I thought I would never hear that song performed live and it was an early favorite of mine, same with London.
Why don't you find out for yourself was 100 times better performed live.
Also, hearing Billy Budd live made me relisten and enjoy it immensely!

Back
Top Bottom