so who are the slimy bastards that got presale tickets

Eddie Vedder had the right idea, they are wankers!!

This whole thing is just nuts.

1) Why not just play, say, Webster Hall 5 nights (or more) in a row? The 3 different NY venues is just too much of a pain in the arse to deal with.

2) Agreed about what someone said before....just start a fan club and do the presales on there. Again, Pearl Jam has their fan club. Its $20 to join and gets you a newsletter and some other stuff AND first access to tickets when they go on sale. I never had a problem with the tickets AND this year I got 2nd row in Camden.

3) $75 a ticket is kinda steep in these times Mozz.

Thinking about it more, how many of the shows are going to be DRASTICALLY different than the others? Maybe I don't need to go to all PA/NY/NJ shows.....to top it all off, I'm not even sure I can get on to the sale site tomorrow due to work :(

i'd prefer 5 nights in a single venue too.

no one wants to have seats blocking them from standing and moving.

and 75 is way too much.

Good points above ^^

I thought that 3 different venues would be kind of interesting, but now it's just become a pain in the arse.;) And to top it off, all the sales are at once. Has to be the worst sale imaginable, but we have no choice but to accept it.:o

Good points above ^^

I thought that 3 different venues would be kind of interesting, but now it's just become a pain in the arse.;) And to top it off, all the sales are at once.

I guess in a way its a mixed blessing because as someone is trying to get tix for Carnegie Hall, one might be able to land Bowery, etc. :confused:

Oh, is someone trying to get Carnegie tickets? Why not use ticketsnow.com?
http://www.ticketsnow.com/InventoryBrowse/Morrissey-Tickets-at-Carnegie-Hall-in-New-York?PID=760909

They are already available, and only $418 each!

f*** this noise, something has to be illegal. Those tickets don't even exist as of now.

This is BS.....I'd write my congressman but he's too busy trying to score some in the mens room via a "wide stance" to help me.

Seriously....this is nuts.....how can they be available when they haven't been on sale yet?

it can be somebody's "private" seat or something. common practice at some upscale venues (like Royal Albert Hall, for example). not sure about Carnegie Hall though

I e-mailed Carnegie Hall\'s box office.

Here\'s what I wrote:
http://education-in-reverse.blogspot.com/2009/01/ticketmaster-is-classy.html

And I am sure Carnegie Hall is thinking: Who do you think gave them those tickets???

This is the way the ticket business has always been. Promoters, record labels, ticket agencies, scalpers in the biz, radio stations. They all get some. And when they can not sell them or get rid of them, the tickets are returned to the box office to sell at regular price. I sometimes score the best seats--front row seats--the week of the show. Hell, the day before a show even.

I wish I could sell the Itunes album I had to buy today to get tickets since I will now own 3 copies of the album. :)

...one I downloaded from bittorrent
...one from Itunes
...one that I will buy at the store in Feb

2) Agreed about what someone said before....just start a fan club and do the presales on there. Again, Pearl Jam has their fan club. Its $20 to join and gets you a newsletter and some other stuff AND first access to tickets when they go on sale. I never had a problem with the tickets AND this year I got 2nd row in Camden.

Hey, I am in the Pearl Jam fan club as well, and I got 1st row tickets to Camden night two last summer!!! I was right in front of Mike and I got his set list for the encore! I do like the way the 10c does tickets for the shows but buying tickets through their website can be hard because their site always crashes for ticket sales.......

Also, when I was front row I had on a Morrissey shirt!

you are funny :)

Isnt he?

I am getting my minimum because I am afraid that if I get greedy there won't be any tickets left.

Back
Top Bottom