Solo-wise, which is your LEAST loved Morrissey album?

Your least love Moz album solo-wise

• Total voters
I voted Maladjusted, it loved it at the time but in hindsight I don't think it works as well as the others, it has dated somehow.
Kill Uncle was my first Moz album! I'm way too sentimental about it...
Quite horrified at the ROTT bashing, I think its a fantastic piece of work:confused:

Hm, that's surprising to me. Maladjusted is one of my favorites. :o

I'll have to think about this more... It's really hard for me to choose. I like them all for different reasons, and it's hard to find one album that doesn't have a few tracks I don't really enjoy listening to. I think I lean more toward Kill Uncle as least favorite, which is a shame because the cover art/promotions were quite nice.

However, I probably listen to You Are The Quarry the least out of all these albums. *hides*

I too never really listen to 'Who Ate Me Curry'. The new version of Southpaw has added two brilliant songs (Nice and Nobody) which lifts it out of last place in my book. So YATQ and ROTT are the two worst, which is ironic since they sold so well...

"Kill Uncle" definetely. It's a weak and directionless album. Also very short (33 mins?). I think Morrissey was finding his feet as a solo artist with Kill Uncle - it really was a transitional "stop gap" album. Sing Your Life & There Is a Place are great tunes but they both sound a bit weak on the album - Luckily they both got re-released later on.

And then after Kill Uncle it was all go.......

Another thread in which Kill Uncle is "poo-pooed". That makes me sad.

The obvious choice for me, is Malajusted. I like Satan Rejected My Soul and of course Roy's Keen ;)!!! But the rest sort of falls short in my mind. I'm convinced when he cut his hair, his music suffered. Honestly.

I dont get how someone can vote against KU and not Maladjusted. How is Mal superior to Kill Uncle?:crazy:

Would have to be Kill Uncle for me; there are a few good tracks on here but the production isn't great and they don't work together to create a good album.

Love PTxx.

How about 3 extra songs, a jumble up of the track listing and a new sleeve?

Yeah that was a cheap shot but I couldn't resist :D

Again, it just vexes me how much people (including Morrissey) dislike Kill Uncle. :straightface:

Kill Uncle is the worst for me...
I like only 4 songs... the rest is so dull

That's how I feel about YoR, I skip half the songs on it.

Again, it just vexes me how much people (including Morrissey) dislike Kill Uncle. :straightface:

Breaks my heart.

morrissey-crying.gif

The leased-loved (thanks for the careful wording on that) for me is Viva Hate. Many of the song at the time were fine, but listening to them now, they sound a little dated to me.

The leased-loved (thanks for the careful wording on that) for me is Viva Hate. Many of the song at the time were fine, but listening to them now, they sound a little dated to me.

Funny, that's the album I loved and listened to today! :sweet:

If we weren't all so different, we'd be alike! :D

Maladjusted for me. There's a few on there I like such as, trouble loves me and he cried, but on the whole the album just doesn't seem as strong as say; Vauxhall or dare I say, YoR....for me anyway. :o
YoR seems to be getting bashed a lot, it's really grown on me. The tracks from it which he's played live sound great, esp I'm Ok By Myself.

Last edited:
I feel that ringleaders was a good honest album. Yes not his best But its up there kill uncle was by far his weakest work . songs like i'll neve be anybody's hero now are just gems . i think ringleaders will be a mozzer album that people like say in 5 years time. :)

Quarry, Southpaw and ROTT are all pretty much equally duff. The new version of Southpaw would lift it out of the bottom three, just.

Oh yes. I voted Quarry, haven't listened to it for months. But it could've been Southpaw too - I just don't get that album, it doesn't ring my bell at all.

'Maladjusted' Sorry to be predictable but I just can't seem to get into this album. Having said that I don't yet have the re-issue so I will give it another try...

For me Kill Uncle is my least favorite, though by no means unlistenable. Choosing a least favorite Morrissey album is rather like chosing a least favorite child, very difficult but you could probably do it ;) Having said that put Kill Uncle next to any of the tosh that artists relaease these days and i'd consider it a classic!

Kill Uncle is actually quite great, although a little short, and Moz was certainly wrong to disown it.
Still very listenable, even after 18 years.

The youngest definitely is the least loved, i. e. Years of Repetition...

Tags
album least favourite morrissey moz solo
Back
Top Bottom