Song Suggestions - Can you help me?

K

KenzieW

So I was sick for the last month, and I took a break from playing guitar. Now I want to jump back in, but I need new songs to play. I want something fun and not too hard. The last songs I learned were "Hand in Glove," "What Difference Does it Make?" and "Half a Person." I am having trouble picking a new song now. The Smiths, Morrissey, or any other band would do. I feel like a loser without my guitar. :(

I was impressed the way my son picked up "some girls are bigger than others" off you tube. It's very effective and there are plenty of versions up so you get left and righ hand fingerings. It may look complex but worth the effort it's beautiful.

Thanks! I will check it out. I just went through my ipod to see if I could find any songs of interesting. I think part of my problem is that I am sick of a lot of my music. I ended up deciding to try "M" by The Cure and "Crystal Ship" by The Doors. I am most inspired by Anna Calvi right now, but there is nothing to help me learn her songs online. I might try to figure it out by ear.

A hint about Some Girls... it can be played with your ring finger anchored on the D string... never moves from that string!

I would recommend Well I Wonder as well, great chords and fun to play.

Thanks for the tip. :)

Back
Top Bottom