Morrissey Central "SOON / 2020 new releases" (September 6, 2020)

SouthPaw_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg
YATQ_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg

Both albums issued on BMG Label for the first time, including inner booklets. LP and CD formats.

Both JPGs describe the images as 'gatefold'.
Regards,
FWD.

I loved the 2009 reissue of Southpaw Grammar. The El Paso photos, the “Southpaw grammar diaries” liner notes, and adding in “Nobody Loves Us” were all so very nicely done. It’s a shame that iteration is not being put out on vinyl. Oh well.

Last edited:
I think the new Quarry sleeve is fantastic & much better than the original; which was just too shiny & bright & posed. Whereas, I think the new Southpaw sleeve is a horror & the original was much better.

Anyway, I just hope they stick to the original track listings...

Damn.... The CD reissues of southpaw and Maladjusted weren't that bad.. But this??? It can't be true. And what is wrong with the original Quarry??

For me it reads better than it sounds.

Actually, that’s the first time I’ve ever seen the words printed. As a poem, it has quite a poignant ending which hasn’t really impacted on me before.

At the time, it was reported to be about Marr as I recall.

That drum solo is great. It helped create quite an entrance for him on the Oye Esteban tour (plus another more recently I think?).

I bought it on vinyl and CD and MC. And then again on CD. It will have to be something extra special for me to pod out for it again. My dad died last week: I’m left with all of his Jim Reeves records. My dad couldn’t find a way to take his vinyl with him, and I’m recognising my Smiths & Morrissey collection isn’t sailing with me when I cross The Styx.
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Sincere condolences.

Actually, that’s the first time I’ve ever seen the words printed. As a poem, it has quite a poignant ending which hasn’t really impacted on me before.

That drum solo is great. It helped create quite an entrance for him on the Oye Esteban tour (plus another more recently I think?).

I bought it on vinyl and CD and MC. And then again on CD. It will have to be something extra special for me to pod out for it again. My dad died last week: I’m left with all of his Jim Reeves records. My dad couldn’t find a way to take his vinyl with him, and I’m recognising my Smiths & Morrissey collection isn’t sailing with me when I cross The Styx.
I always thought it was supposed to be about Jake, hence the references to fighting and tattoos.
Very sorry about the loss of your dad, Hovis.

I wonder why MC makes announcements like this with no dates, haven’t they also made announcements that never actually happened?

They should take a look At what other bands do. New Order announced something was happening a couple a days ago and then yesterday, what it is.

Sorry to hear about your Dad Hovis.

I wonder why MC makes announcements like this with no dates, haven’t they also made announcements that never actually happened?

They should take a look At what other bands do. New Order announced something was happening a couple a days ago and then yesterday, what it is.

Lack of organisation.

Morrissey and the band never looked nor sounded better than that 1995 appearance on Jools Holland.

Morrissey and the band never looked nor sounded better than that 1995 appearance on Jools Holland.

Whilst Boy Racer and Sunny came across well on the show, Moz's interview with Jools Holland was so awkward it is verging on painful to watch. This aired in November 1995, just before the collapse of the Outside Tour with David Bowie. Moz definitely does not seem at ease with himself in this interview.

Yes, we were spoilt back then. In some ways, Morrissey made a rod for his own back by setting the bar impossibly high. Creatively, he seemed in serious danger of eclipsing The Smiths.
just read about your old man hovis,sympathies to you and your family.

Whilst Boy Racer and Sunny came across well on the show, Moz's interview with Jools Holland was so awkward it is verging on painful to watch. This aired in November 1995, just before the collapse of the Outside Tour with David Bowie. Moz definitely does not seem at ease with himself in this interview.

dont blame it on M, blame it on joolz holland,guy is hopeless,his interview with bryan ferry from the tube years ago is still unwatchable to me.this guy invented car crash tv.

Only a few months after " The Dog" was released, no one is talking about it anymore. People prefer to argue about old stuff and shoddy art works on Morrissey Central. It's quite sad :o . Anyway " I am not a dog on a chain " could also be reissued with a thick booklet containing clearly printed lyrics ( !!! ) , liner notes and interesting photos, of course, in a jewel case ( not in a terrible cardboard 😬 )

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom