South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Re: TTY Update: If I by chance your eye offend you

I sincerly hope Morrissey will play live again when he is perfectly fit and well.

I'll patiently wait for his recovery.

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

Nos dejaste nuevamente con las ganas ¡¡¡¡

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

What will be announced first:

The birth of the Royal Baby by Benny the butcher

or

The engagement of Morrissey to his hairdresser?

Only time will tell

Come on ! Come on!
Hurry up Prince Arry come on !
We're going down the pub !!!!!!!
Doo doo doo doo
We're going down the pub !

Benny-the-Butcher

They did'nt want Moz in South A
He didn't wanna go there anyway !
Cause he had a dodgy tomato pasta penne
They didn't want Moz in South AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Couldn't resist ask yer Mum and Dad kiddies)

Congrats to you too Benny. I don't know where you are but down here celebratory bonfires, many of which are at least fifty feet high, have not been built. :thumb:

Just outside Manchester but can't say exactly for security reasons.

Benny-the-Butcher

Never happen ! I have many people who love and follow me on here I've even had a marriage proposal.

A toast ladies and gents ! Raise your glasses to William, Kate and baby prince Steven Patrick Windsor !!!!!!!!

God save the Queen

Benny-the-Butcher
yes I'm sure you have, there are certainly plenty of deranged people on this site.

Up the rebels!

I tend to agree with the suggestion of returning home to find inspiration. Ironically, Johnny Marr cited the same impetus for his return to Manchester from Portland to write his recent solo album, when interviewed by John Doran for his 'British Masters' series. Sometimes the best way to find creativity is to go back to it's roots, and I could envision a really wonderful, folk-inspired, quiet nostalgic album from Morrissey, much like Vauxhall but all reflection. This is coming from a third-generation Angeleno, who is intrigued that Morrissey has chosen to make Los Angeles his home for so much of his career & has benefitted having seen him perform twice in the past 2 years. For me it is home, and life is hard enough when you belong here. I speculate there are legal reasons he may not want to take up permanent legal residence in the UK, connected to court decision. Whatever happens, I sincerely hope this isn't the end for Morrissey.

That is exactly what I meant. It's not that it is impossible to find inspiration somewhere else; but, sometimes reconnecting with where the inspiration started can be beneficial. I also agree that a slower album might be the best route. I'm not sure about anyone else, but my favorite Morrissey/Smiths songs are always the more quiet, reflective ones: I've Changed My Plea to Guilty, We'll Let You Know; Half a Person, Come Back to Camden, Dear god, Please help me, I Know It's Over, etc. etc. These are the songs that make you think that there is no greater lyricist in pop music. I just pray that he is not finished articulating these emotions; that is what he does best.

lynnda

I'm pleased you've come round to this view, lynnda. It is one I, and many others here lazily labelled haters, have been espousing for a very long time. It was never hate. It was always tough love.

Few artists, particularly dabbling in popular music, have been so utterly English as Morrissey. Perhaps only Noel Coward, who, let's be fair, was of a far greater intellect than our chap, was similarly plugged directly into a strata of Britishness in the same way.

Morrissey needs to reconnect with his muse, and that muse whips in from the moors, not on the Santa Ana winds.

I've always felt that your posts reflect admiration as well as disappointment with him; that is why I try to make it clear that I am not pointing a finger at you when I go on the defensive about hateful posters. There is a difference between wanting him to reclaim his career and mocking his physical appearance or sexuality. I understand the idea of tough love, but I'm the over-protective mother type, so I guess it's just a matter of personality. In spite of recent events and comments, I will follow him forvever because listening to his music gives me a great sense of comfort, and because I believe that he still has so much to share. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he finds a way to turn this around. I do think that he needs to reconnect with his past, not to recreate the songs, but to find the original source of inspiration so that he can give us that next great record.

lynnda

(And I love Noel Coward!)

That is exactly what I meant. It's not that it is impossible to find inspiration somewhere else; but, sometimes reconnecting with where the inspiration started can be beneficial. I also agree that a slower album might be the best route. I'm not sure about anyone else, but my favorite Morrissey/Smiths songs are always the more quiet, reflective ones: I've Changed My Plea to Guilty, We'll Let You Know; Half a Person, Come Back to Camden, Dear god, Please help me, I Know It's Over, etc. etc. These are the songs that make you think that there is no greater lyricist in pop music. I just pray that he is not finished articulating these emotions; that is what he does best.

lynnda

But when all has been said and done !! Would we welcome him back to the North ?
"All of the rumours keeping me grounded ! And all those lies ! written lies ! twisted lies ! Well they ______lies, they ______ lies, they ______ lies !"

"le f***ed pal !" The only creative thing you can do now is send a bitter rant via true-2-spew about a royal birth !
HOW SAID IS NOW ?

Benny-the-Butcher (You gives it, so you gotta take it pal)

yes I'm sure you have, there are certainly plenty of deranged people on this site.

Up the rebels!

Yes "touché" !

BtB

Can't believe it. What a sad message. Hope he will be back on stage in 2014.

This just in: a bunch of artists- Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Kanye West. et al have announced that they will not perform in Florida so long as "Stand Your Ground" is on the books. Moz...the world...well, Florida at least, is your oyster! Pick a venue! I've got a pick-up truck; I can haul a few things!

I have many people who love and follow me on here I've even had a marriage proposal.

The marriage proposal was written by you.

Oh here's hoping... I would very much welcome a Morrissey-read audio book version.
Why do I get the horrible feeling that an audiobook version of Moz's autobiography will be read by Russell Brand? :/

That's fair enough, but it is a relatively new interest, as the quote concedes. His pro-Irish interests have certainly grown alongside his increased loathing of all things British. I like Damien Dempsey too. Perhaps I'm Irish. Morrissey has spoken often about cows. Perhaps he's a cow.

The Irish have a different way of looking at Nationality to us, it's bred into them from an early age - hence why so many people in the US think they're Irish yet none of their family have been born there for generations. Personally I think it's horse shit nationalism but there you go. Any person with Irish parents for certain will see themselves as very Irish but those with sensible parents will see themselves as from the country that they grew up in too. Plus as an Irish friend of mine put it, "our history is us and you, we don't have the varied history that you have" meaning that it's hard to get away from anti-English sentiment in terms of Irish nationalism.

Another statement full of self loathing and "woe is me" yarbles. Everyone bends over backwards to accommodate him during tours and he's forever throwing a strop like mini Mozart/child protege. He needs to either carry on with the tour or pack it in for good instead of wasting everyone's time with his brainless cack. I wish he'd just f*** off and write some songs and focus on getting an album out and stop releasing these "I'm blameless, it's out of my hands" statements. He needs a f***ing slap and then he needs telling to pull his socks up.

Maybe you should go do the same thing.

I don't believe I've commented here before. I have seen Morrissey only four times, tragically. I, however, was present for his last concert in Portland. Part of me has been thinking, it would be so good if I saw his last ever concert. But of course I don't want that to be true. I want to have seen him a thousand times, in a thousand places with a thousand peoples. I never saw Morrissey as I wanted. I wanted to bellow, accompany Mozza at the top of my lungs. But I never could. Everyone just listened, and that's fine too. I wanted to sing along, loudly. I never did. I did, under my breathe. It was disappointing. I will go to a crass karaoke birthday party for myslef on September 23rd and sing those songs, alas alone. SPM: want to surprise me in Portland? It's only a 2 hour flight. [email protected]

finally faced with the end (of the SA tour at least), this is the most genuine sounding sentiment i've heard from Moz in some time- years. oddly, i feel this would be a good note to go out on- leave it be and stop sullying the legacy. "all good things must come to an end."

Ouch. This apology, similar to the many, many others is.... frightening. It has all the hints written between and in the lines, that any self-respecting Moz fan will most certainly take as a, "this is the last song I will ever sing, I've changed mind again, so good night and thank you". Except that he isn't going to change his mind this time. It stinks of retirement. I was one of the many who were heart-broken 3 times over for my show during the US portion of the tour when Moz went through his mothers illness, then his own, yet I always believed in my gut, that eventually, my show would be re-scheduled, and performed. I don't feel that anymore. I will of course remain hopeful and will forever follow and support him, and eagerly wait for new material, but as far his touring is concerned, I can only say this. Thank God, (and you Morrissey) for the memories. I was able to see him on exactly 12 occasions including one glorious Smiths show. I was also very fortunate indeed to have met him. A quiet, close up encounter that I will forever cherish. I also must convey my deepest sympathies to the ones out there who never got the chance to see a live Morrissey show. It is a feeling and experience that can not be described.
I may be, and hope I am wrong. I hope to God above he 'turns things around', and continues to perform. If he does, do whatever you have to so you can be among the faithful who make the pilgrimage to see a show. Buy tickets early. Splurge on them. Make it an experience that you could write a book about it. Trust me. I really hope you get the chance.
Vive Moz! We all just want to see you happy, and may peace be with you always.

Sick of hearing about Rourke and Joyce on here. They seem to come into all the threads to do with money. They are greedy and idiots in my view. Well Joyce has brains to get what he did. But Rourke doesn't seem the brightest. Rourke is clever in that he always has clever and successful people around him to help in get on in life. It started with his friendship with Johnny Marr that was a smart move.

Ouch. This apology, similar to the many, many others is.... frightening. It has all the hints written between and in the lines, that any self-respecting Moz fan will most certainly take as a, "this is the last song I will ever sing, I've changed mind again, so good night and thank you". Except that he isn't going to change his mind this time. It stinks of retirement. I was one of the many who were heart-broken 3 times over for my show during the US portion of the tour when Moz went through his mothers illness, then his own, yet I always believed in my gut, that eventually, my show would be re-scheduled, and performed. I don't feel that anymore. I will of course remain hopeful and will forever follow and support him, and eagerly wait for new material, but as far his touring is concerned, I can only say this. Thank God, (and you Morrissey) for the memories. I was able to see him on exactly 12 occasions including one glorious Smiths show. I was also very fortunate indeed to have met him. A quiet, close up encounter that I will forever cherish. I also must convey my deepest sympathies to the ones out there who never got the chance to see a live Morrissey show. It is a feeling and experience that can not be described.
I may be, and hope I am wrong. I hope to God above he 'turns things around', and continues to perform. If he does, do whatever you have to so you can be among the faithful who make the pilgrimage to see a show. Buy tickets early. Splurge on them. Make it an experience that you could write a book about it. Trust me. I really hope you get the chance.
Vive Moz! We all just want to see you happy, and may peace be with you always.

hug2.gif
That was a very nice message.

Attachments

• hug2.gif
    hug2.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 27

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom