South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Re: TTY Update: If I by chance your eye offend you

I sincerly hope Morrissey will play live again when he is perfectly fit and well.

I'll patiently wait for his recovery.

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

Sick of hearing about Rourke and Joyce on here. They seem to come into all the threads to do with money. They are greedy and idiots in my view. Well Joyce has brains to get what he did. But Rourke doesn't seem the brightest. Rourke is clever in that he always has clever and successful people around him to help in get on in life. It started with his friendship with Johnny Marr that was a smart move.

Andy and Mike are the nicest blokes you could ever meat* unless you know something I don't ?
Depending on what road Steven chooses to go down they could play a major part in his future health and wealth but he will have to change his ways and grow a pair of bollocks first.

Benny-the-Butcher (*did you spot it ?)

Re: Article: South America tour cancelled due to lack of funding - Morrissey statement at true-to-yo

Ouch. This apology, similar to the many, many others is.... frightening. It has all the hints written between and in the lines, that any self-respecting Moz fan will most certainly take as a, "this is the last song I will ever sing, I've changed mind again, so good night and thank you". Except that he isn't going to change his mind this time. It stinks of retirement. I was one of the many who were heart-broken 3 times over for my show during the US portion of the tour when Moz went through his mothers illness, then his own, yet I always believed in my gut, that eventually, my show would be re-scheduled, and performed. I don't feel that anymore. I will of course remain hopeful and will forever follow and support him, and eagerly wait for new material, but as far his touring is concerned, I can only say this. Thank God, (and you Morrissey) for the memories. I was able to see him on exactly 12 occasions including one glorious Smiths show. I was also very fortunate indeed to have met him. A quiet, close up encounter that I will forever cherish. I also must convey my deepest sympathies to the ones out there who never got the chance to see a live Morrissey show. It is a feeling and experience that can not be described.
I may be, and hope I am wrong. I hope to God above he 'turns things around', and continues to perform. If he does, do whatever you have to so you can be among the faithful who make the pilgrimage to see a show. Buy tickets early. Splurge on them. Make it an experience that you could write a book about it. Trust me. I really hope you get the chance.
Vive Moz! We all just want to see you happy, and may peace be with you always.

Hi Morrissey get some songs written you lazy bastard !

Andy and Mike are the nicest blokes you could ever meat* unless you know something I don't ?
Depending on what road Steven chooses to go down they could play a major part in his future health and wealth but he will have to change his ways and grow a pair of bollocks first.

Benny-the-Butcher (*did you spot it ?)
You maybe right but Moz don't like Joyce and Rourke. I heard Rourke is stuck-up and rude. But Joyce comes across as very friendly in interviews so he might be alright.

Paint A Vulgar Picture?

Like so many people on this Web Site, I have been a Smiths/Morrissey fanderella since the early 1980's. I love the Smiths/ Morrissey - Fact.
However, after reading about the latest debacle regarding the South American Tour... I am having thoughts, not that savoury about Mr. Morrissey... I don't get why he can't do small gigs for the love of music and his fans. Why the need to make Big Tour Bucks? Surely he has enough in the Bank to just give freely now. Morrissey is so fantastic but I feel a vulgar word coming on - Greed. Surely this cannot be! To quote Morrissey "Money Changes Everything." Thing is I suspect, as just written, he has enough... Time to give back to the fans, time to give for the Love of Music, the Art of it, not just the money. Get back to your roots Mozzer!!! Sorry if I have caused offence, just feel this way on this sunny Summers day.

Don't know if this will reach Moz, but in case it does : I know you want to be out there performing, creating etc...but take this opportunity to REST...to restore your self entirely, holisticaly...sometimes the art of doing nothing is much needed HEALING MEDICINE...take your time to breathe, read a book under the sun, writte whatever you feel without pressures of any sort. Your words and the music are the soundtrack to millions of people around the world and of extreme relevance, but there are not, I repeat, THEY ARE NOT reason enough for you to sacrifice your health and your life. Take as much time as you need to feel healthy, strong, and willing to sing to the masses again, because it does not matter how much time it takes..WE WILL LISTEN.....Be Well Soon !

Morrissey to Retire

Assuming that Mr. Morrissey is going to retire, what will you ladies and gentlemen do with the rest of your lives?

Re: Morrissey to Retire

Assuming that Mr. Morrissey is going to retire, what will you ladies and gentlemen do with the rest of your lives?

Promote meat eating as part of a healthy balanced diet.
Slaughter animals with respect for the human food chain.
Refuse to sell horse meat disguised as beef.
Create a really tasty retirement sausage to celebrate him entering the knackers-yard-years.

Benny-the-Butcher

He writes so well. It's the English in him.

Re: TTY Update: If I by chance your eye offend you

This statement almost made me cry.
The final line: "I shall see you in my dreams" just pushed me over the edge.
I will be so sad if this is the final curtain, I always thought he would go on forever but it seems all good things have to come to an end.

I can feel the heartache seeping through the computer screen, he must be so cut up about the whole thing.
I wish you all the very best Morrissey.
I love you just as much now as I did then and always will.

Come back to us in the UK, we need you!
X

NoNo, it cant be that. perk up!!! making me sad in Colorao
JM

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom