Southpaw Grammar/Maladjusted reissues

Once more, I dont merely state that I dislike her, because she's mainstream, but theres a reason for her being MAINSTREAM, the reasons I have given in all my previous posts.
If you bothered to read any of my posts you would realise I make all the sense in the world.

Shame is MY name.

No you honestly don't. I don't think you can really hold an opinion on something when you admit to not having listened to it. To write off other genres and artists, for the sole reason that other people like them too, is something I have never ever understood. How can you seriously say that, and say it as though it's something to be proud of?
Setting yourself apart from the crowd does not automatically make you smarter than them because you want it to.

And please stop asking everyone who disagrees with you to read all your other posts, I have and I still think you're talking nonsense.

(it's 1am in the UK, I'm off to bed but will gladly continue this in the morning if you haven't killed each other. Maybe take this time to browse through YouTube? Oh, and out of interest what other bands (Top 5 perhaps?) can you recommend for us, seeing as your taste is so clearly superior?)

Vauxhall95,

I've offered my reasons, buddy. You don't agree. I don't really give a shit but cease making your absolutist pronouncements.

Judging once more you clearly haven't read my previous posts. And clearly ignorance is the best way for you to keep to your regimented mind-set without ever bothering to THINK. Read what I've said about Pink, I didnt merely disregard her because she's 'mainstream' BUT THE REASONS for her being 'mainstream' A brief summarisation generic, bland, pointless lyrics, choreographed, robotic, mindless, moneygrabber, cliched, Americanised. All of which Ive clearly STATED before, but once more you havent listened.

Im not going to wade through bands for you. There is no need.

Here are a few bands that ive listened to in the past 2 hours. Excluding Morrissey.

-Buzzcocks (Devoto intact - Spiral Scratch)
-Magazine (DEVOTO)
-Libertines (A more modern a beautiful band)
-Shangri-Las
-Pulp (Music not as interesting as Jarvis in interviews but some brilliant songs)
-Pixies (The most pointless lyrics in creation, utter nonesense, still great)
-Bowie
-Arctics
-Dolls
-Patti Smith

Just from the past 2 hours.

I've also never claimed to have heard of artiste's that you yourself havent heard of. I simply claim to the fact I REFUSE to listen to anything horrendous as Guns N Roses Or P!nk.

No you honestly don't. I don't think you can really hold an opinion on something when you admit to not having listened to it. To write off other genres and artists, for the sole reason that other people like them too, is something I have never ever understood. How can you seriously say that, and say it as though it's something to be proud of?
Setting yourself apart from the crowd does not automatically make you smarter than them because you want it to.

And please stop asking everyone who disagrees with you to read all your other posts, I have and I still think you're talking nonsense.

(it's 1am in the UK, I'm off to bed but will gladly continue this in the morning if you haven't killed each other. Maybe take this time to browse through YouTube? Oh, and out of interest what other bands (Top 5 perhaps?) can you recommend for us, seeing as your taste is so clearly superior?)

Interesting. Infatuation does indeed do a mean Morrissey impersonation.

Whoever he or she is, Infatuation is correct on almost every point regarding Morrissey's lyrics.

Had Infatuation written at length about another fact frequently mentioned by Morrissey of late-- namely the superiority of his vocal performances compared to those of his older songs-- my fingers would be trembling right now at the thought that the great man really was slumming it among us heathens.

Instead: hello everyone! Hope you all have been well. Cheers.

I was actually paying you tribute with some not so subtle Doors puns. It wasn't an attack :confused:

Sorry, I wasn't attacking. That's what I hate about the internet: it's so hard to tell the tone sometimes.

I'm more frustrated with this thread: because I'm more eager to hear three unreleased tracks from Southpaw than Morrissey's new album that is somehow evidence that I have poor character. The absurdity of the argument is mind numbing.

Sorry again for the miscommunication!:)

Worm! How ya been? I've missed you.:):):)

Sorry, I've broken my New Year's Resolution: not to get into internet pissing contests. Sadly, I got hooked by "Infatuation." But what the hell, I'm only human right?:)

Interesting. Infatuation does indeed do a mean Morrissey impersonation.

Whoever he or she is, Infatuation is correct on almost every point regarding Morrissey's lyrics.

Had Infatuation written at length about another fact frequently mentioned by Morrissey of late-- namely the superiority of his vocal performances compared to those of his older songs-- my fingers would be trembling right now at the thought that the great man really was slumming it among us heathens.

Instead: hello everyone! Hope you all have been well. Cheers.

Worm! How ya been? I've missed you.:):):)

Sorry, I've broken my New Year's Resolution: not to get into internet pissing contests. Sadly, I got hooked by "Infatuation." But what the hell, I'm only human right?:)

Thank you.

You were fighting an unwinnable argument. I happen to agree with some of Infatuation's points but I respect your opinions and know you are a real fan, so don't take it so hard. Some fights can't be won.

Vauxhall95,

I've offered my reasons, buddy. You don't agree. I don't really give a shit but cease making your absolutist pronouncements.

David - I really enjoyed our earlier posts about a month back. You were the one and only one who has offered any substantive argument about the merits of YOR, and I thought there was a mutual respect. Your dismissive comment towards me invalidating my points simply because I listen to GNR among a great many bands was (IMO) below the belt. If I was rude in my reply, it was simply out of frustration, and I do apologize.

This whole ridiculous argument stems from the fact I'm more interested in hearing the three unreleased songs on Southpaw than anything Morrissey is doing today. Regardless, of how many insults have been hurled my way, I still believe I have a right to my opinion.

You have to be one of the most unpleasant things I've ever encountered. All you do is attack and name call. It's really vile, and why? Because I'm more interested in three unreleased Southpaw tracks than YOR? Because I won't genuflect at the altar of an average album? Amazing! From these statements of my opinion you are able to make outlandish pronouncements about my personality, intelligence, and taste in music. You have the temerity to talk about my dignity because unlike you I cannot simply "divine" whether an artist is good or not, I actually have to experience them first? What the hell is wrong with you?

I think, dramatically, we still have made no progress through that thick layer of propaganda your life seems to emit from start, this defensive notion of... 'I listen to a huge variety of things' Yes and so do others, and so do I. But I simply don't listen to horrendous things, like you. Your whole thesis of life seems to erupt onto the mainstream music BIZ, well I'm afraid if you had any DIGNITY you may have searched a bit harder, or scratched a little deeper, to see past PINK, and all her 'lyrical' talent I am sure you sing to yourself.
You have failed to address any of my points ONCE more, and im sure you're more evasive than Morrissey when question directly, but sadly you have no charm, or wit. Just simple drivel thats slopped all over this woeful excuse of a thread.

I love the fact as soon as you mention swearing, you derive to the talentless hick known as EMINEM. Swearing is a self-expression, and if you believe differently, then I suggest you trace the ENGLISH language to which you so finely and expertly butcher every time you attempt a reply. Take on the works of Shakespeare see how many PROFANITIES you uncover, this may seem basic to some but to you, it's all lost.
I think you're still stuck cherishing a period possibly when you had hair, and were on the verge of beginning to create a sparse personality, coincidentally, when Morrissey was in his Vauxhall period. Still clinging to the fact that it HIS BEST WORK EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRR, unable to accept change or lyrics that once more contain more words than the 30 you have re-spalshed in your rebuttals. Failing once more to achieve anything other than whine. Please now address all my other lovely posts.

My other posts contain all of these extraordinary ideas, and more. I see myself as an exotic figure to you, you just need a little helping hand. My posts may make you see, so take a deep breath. And begin.

Goodluck big boy.

Clearly there is no discussion with you, is there? Or you certainly like to make it difficult, one of those awful people who tries to make their opinion stand out by having a temper-tantrum and belittling everyone else personally as opposed to writing a intelligent response.

Just because I think you're talking bullsh:eek:t, doesn't mean I haven't listened to what you've said. I have, and you're still talking rubbish.

As for your bizarre refusal to name me some bands, how comes? Are you just much better attacking other people's tastes than you are expressing your own? Because you're not even very good at that.

Out of interest, how do you discover new music? You must still have to listen to a lot of crap to get to bands you like, why write some off straight away yet keep listening to others? (I mean, let's face it, across two albums the Libertines, to pick just one, produced some great stuff, but a fair bit of 'blah' too).

And I must say, if your reply comes back full of personal attacks on my intelligence then I can only assume I'm conversing with an utterly unpleasant berk and immediately ignore everything you've ever written on account of you being an uncultured fool (there's a challenge for you, see if you can go a whole post, remain coherent, and not insult anyones intelligence - like what the grown-ups do talk!).

Judging once more you clearly haven't read my previous posts. And clearly ignorance is the best way for you to keep to your regimented mind-set without ever bothering to THINK. Read what I've said about Pink, I didnt merely disregard her because she's 'mainstream' BUT THE REASONS for her being 'mainstream' A brief summarisation generic, bland, pointless lyrics, choreographed, robotic, mindless, moneygrabber, cliched, Americanised. All of which Ive clearly STATED before, but once more you havent listened.

Im not going to wade through bands for you. There is no need.

Here are a few bands that ive listened to in the past 2 hours. Excluding Morrissey.

-Magazine (DEVOTO)
-Shangri-Las
-Pulp (Music not as interesting as Jarvis in interviews but some brilliant songs)
-Bowie
-Arctics
-Dolls
-Patti Smith

I've also never claimed to have heard of artiste's that you yourself havent heard of. I simply claim to the fact I REFUSE to listen to anything horrendous as Guns N Roses Or P!nk.

Sorry, I wasn't attacking. That's what I hate about the internet: it's so hard to tell the tone sometimes.

I'm more frustrated with this thread: because I'm more eager to hear three unreleased tracks from Southpaw than Morrissey's new album that is somehow evidence that I have poor character. The absurdity of the argument is mind numbing.

Sorry again for the miscommunication!:)
No worries! I have found the debate entertaining, and you have put yourself across in a more intelligent/less personally insulting way than Infatuation, which I appreciate.

I personally prefer YOR to Chinese Democracy, but I'm a G N' R fan who would cite Appetite For Destruction in my top 10 debut efforts.

I too am looking forward to two new tracks, plus a fully fledged version of the impressive rough cut of Honey You Know Where To Find Me.

What the hell is your point? I've been a fan for only about six months (I've been into the Smiths for well over a year), and I'm a college student. I think I have a decent number of albums already. Also, I have Bona Drag and the deluxe edition of Viva Hate, so I have a decent amount of B-sides and odds and ends.

Oh excuse me I thought you knew what you where talking about..

Vauxhall95 - Are you okay, still licking your wounds from that devastating humbling 'Infatuation' gave you? Stay strong and you'll live to fight another day - like Pink, you're probably just Missundaztood. :lbf:

Infatuation has beaten ur arguments hands-down bud.

Every point he has made is correct, you just ignore, all of his points, and remain on about stupid things.

Anyway, im not here to argue.

I think MORRISSEY IS INFATUATION!!!!

-Magazine (DEVOTO)
-Shangri-Las
-Bowie
-Arctics
-Dolls
-Patti Smith

Am I alone in finding this Morrissey-approved playlist somewhat hilarious? Do you have pictures of James Dean, Billy Fury and Pat Phoenix on your walls, too?

Am I alone in finding this Morrissey-approved playlist somewhat hilarious? Do you have pictures of James Dean, Billy Fury and Pat Phoenix on your walls, too?

No, There just what happened to be played in the past two hours, yet another who doesnt READ. All isn't lost though.

On my wall I have various exotic chains, whips, and fluids. I do have all of those posters and more, but I connected with James Dean, I feel after groping his poster several times I have a RIGHT to call him Jimmy. I simply think we're that intimate.

"They're"

My grammar and/or spelling never has been up to the standard has it.

But then again my idea of being creative isnt to set up an account, cherishing a sloth-like blob, lounging in a chair. If possible is there any chance we could keep to the topic of the MUSIC, but if you insist to remove the mind away from the conversation, Then please, please post some pictures of that Scottish bag of flesh you struggle to carry around with you, in an exotic or fanciful position. Maybe even provoke a reaction with a CONTROVERSIAL pose, Lord knows I'd love to be moved, away from this computer if fate chooses to save my already collapsing mind.

All of the above is based upon the fact you're Scottish, and that you worship an Argentinean ape.
Hopefully my blinkered stereotypes hold up to HARSH criticism, and fit you snugly.

Last edited:
I must confess that I am completely and utterly agree with Infatuation's point of view.

Tags
linernotes southpaw
Back
Top Bottom