Spencer Cobrin - "Morrissey, Omnipresent" photo on Facebook

Can someone photoshop the words on the rock to say "YOUR LOSS JEW BOY" - as in the alleged fax from Morrissey to Spencer?

Interesting... It seems the members of this forum who enraged when I said that those words (jew boy) were not an insult, are virtually discredited now by the same Corbin. He didn't feel insulted at all. He loves Morrissey and referred to him in his Facebook page. Signed: catholic chick :brows:

Interesting... It seems the members of this forum who enraged when I said that those words (jew boy) were not an insult, are virtually discredited now by the same Corbin. He didn't feel insulted at all. He loves Morrissey and referred to him in his Facebook page. Signed: catholic chick :brows:

If you don't think that was an insult, you are thicker than a mattress sandwich.

Oh, really?

From Simon Goddard's Mozipedia:

Morrissey was angered enough by Cobrin’s financial grievances against him to send the drummer an abusive fax message. "The fax came through and my wife, at the time, picked it up first," says Cobrin. "She said, 'I don’t think you should read this.' When I read it, I stayed in bed for a week. I couldn’t move. There’s no point repeating what it said because it’s all water under the bridge now, but at the time it wasn’t trivial. That was it, he’d crossed the line. It was the cruellest thing you could say to anyone after working together for so long. It still upsets me, but I realise that I’m one in a long line of people who’ve been treated like that. If there’s anything that gets Morrissey upset more than anything else, it’s money.’
Spencer may post the occasional fond remembrance of his time in Morrissey's band and the work they did together now, but it's because enough time has passed that he can probably remember all of the good without dwelling on the bad, not because he was never upset in the first place.

Last edited:
What did Spencer gain with his blabbing? Nothing, really, because most of the time his name is mentioned people rake up this old stories instead of talking about his contributions or achievements. And compared to the things he said about Moz and his entourage, regardless of weather they are true or not, Moz didn't really say something too nasty about him publicly.

If that's true, it seems that Cobrin overcame pretty well the great discomfort of the moment, in spite of the week in bed (maybe he found a good excuse for some activity there). In any case, it seems that Morrissey was not the only one who cared about money. Perhaps that same care is what makes Cobrin "remember all the good without dwelling on the bad". If a person with some dignity is actually upset because he feels he was discriminated, I seriously doubt he can overcome that offense only over time. Oh, human nature. People are the same everywhere, paint your town and you will paint the world, etc.
People have unique, individual responses to situations and other people they encounter. Not everyone processes things---especially emotions---exactly the same way. You made a false claim and are now trying to rationalize by pretending like you have greater insight into the situation and how Spencer dealt with it than he does himself, which is completely absurd. Trying to reason with you is a fool's errand, though, so joke's on me for even taking the bait I guess.

At any rate, regardless of what happened between them, I do enjoy and appreciate Spencer's Morrissey posts. It's always nice to read the little anecdotes and insights he, Gary and Alain share on Facebook, or fun stuff like the photo in the OP.

Last edited:
Not everyone processes things---especially emotions---exactly the same way. [...] by pretending like you have greater insight into the situation and how Spencer dealt with it than he does himself, which is completely absurd

Exchange "Spencer" with "Morrissey" and you get what people here do every single day. That's life.

People have unique, individual responses to situations and other people they encounter. Not everyone processes things---especially emotions---exactly the same way. You made a false claim and are now trying to rationalize by pretending like you have greater insight into the situation and how Spencer dealt with it than he does himself, which is completely absurd. Trying to reason with you is a fool's errand, though, so joke's on me for even taking the bait I guess.

At any rate, regardless of what happened between them, I do enjoy and appreciate Spencer's Morrissey posts. It's always nice to read the little anecdotes and insights he, Gary and Alain share on Facebook, or fun stuff like the photo in the OP.

Yes, it's pretty obvious people have individual responses. I was talking about human nature. At the end we find the two or three same characters in all places.

If you appreciate the post of Cobrin, its ok. I think it's pathetic. Once someone accuses another man of such a serious crime as racism, the less he can do is to keep the accusation, at least for shame of himself. To do otherwise is to recognize that he has caused an irreparable damage to the image of Morrissey for a mere whim of the moment.

Yes, it's pretty obvious people have individual responses. I was talking about human nature. At the end we find the two or three same characters in all places.

If you appreciate the post of Cobrin, its ok. I think it's pathetic. Once someone accuses another man of such a serious crime as racism, the less he can do is to keep the accusation, at least for shame of himself. To do otherwise is to recognize that he has caused an irreparable damage to the image of Morrissey for a mere whim of the moment.

Are you f***ing mental? You have just tried to rationalise the exact reverse of what actually happened. Stop being such a blinkered one-track bot. Wanker.

Caption: "Morrissey, Omnipresent"

FB post here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1011490422056.426558.715267055&type=3&theater

Pic here:

cobrin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you f***ing mental? You have just tried to rationalise the exact reverse of what actually happened. Stop being such a blinkered one-track bot. Wanker.

You really don't paint a very flattering portrait of yourself with your comments Skinny. You come across as some common pub jumper.

Wanker LOL

No, I'm far from mental. Morrissey was openly accused of racism. Corbin said he received a fax from Morrissey, privately. Where is the fax?

Besides, there are two different stories about the never-seen-fax:

Scott Matthew (in Butt Magazine): "Then, after a little while, we hear beep! grrrrr grrrrr grrrrr and we both look at each other and Spencer goes in to get the fax, and he comes back with this piece of paper in his hands and in big, black letters scrolled across the page it reads, ‘YOUR LOSS JEW BOY.’ It was like a death threat the way it looked! (laughs) Poor Spencer, he was just devastated. He’s very sensitive, too. I think after that he and I just went to a bar, did some drugs, drank beer for ten hours." (http://www.buttmagazine.com/magazine/interviews/scott-matthew/)

Simon Goddard's Mozipedia (cited here by Detritus):"Morrissey was angered enough by Cobrin’s financial grievances against him to send the drummer an abusive fax message. "The fax came through and my wife, at the time, picked it up first," says Cobrin. "She said, 'I don’t think you should read this.' When I read it, I stayed in bed for a week. I couldn’t move."

That's coherence. Not.

Both sources agree Morrissey owed money to Corbin. If we make a false accusation (like racism) to speed up the recovery of a debt we can be accused of the crime of extortion. There are legal procedures to collect debts, and none of them allow public defamation, because it's a felony.

Yes, that's the difference. Who "crossed the line" here?

Omg, what a wussy Spencer is. I actually find Morrissey's childish rants amusing. Unfortunately, i would encourage it. He should have known Morrissey by then ....

Hey Steve, That listing in Beverly Hills came up again. I think I can get you a sweet deal. It has huuuuge kitchen for Nancy and it actually has an actual film developing dark room upstairs for lil' Sammy!

PS. Can I say I am a subsidiary of The Morrissey Marketing Group, LTD, LLC, INC. Sherman Oaks-Malibu-Beverly Hills? I mean I know I will never be, but just for signatures on e mails and stuff?

Spencer Cobrin
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
The Corcoran Group

Last edited:
hahahahahaha "YOUR LOSS JEW BOY" oh my god, that is the funniest thing i have ever read in my life! :lbf: im gonna go around saying that!

on another note, how do you people know so much about morrissey, all his acquaintances and personal dramas and such? ya'll are so committed.

What Spencer is clearly saying: "Morrissey, Still haunted by you..."
I've always liked Spencer. He seems like such a sweet guy.

Omg, what a wussy Spencer is. I actually find Morrissey's childish rants amusing. Unfortunately, i would encourage it. He should have known Morrissey by then ....

I wish these were just childish rants. They sound to me like cat fights. You know, two women PMSing, going at it until you have to run for your sanity. Men don't fight, they are actually quite simple creatures. They just want food and sex. You know, things that make them feel comforted. Any problems are usually resolved over a pint of beer. I believe Tony Wilson was right when he said that Morrissey is a woman stuck in man's body.

hahahahahaha "YOUR LOSS JEW BOY" oh my god, that is the funniest thing i have ever read in my life! :lbf: im gonna go around saying that!

on another note, how do you people know so much about morrissey, all his acquaintances and personal dramas and such? ya'll are so committed.

given your neo nazi views, we already kind of know you would find it funny.

Good points. Plus, if Spener is a) Jewish + b) a boy, then I don't see why he was so devasted by the message. Judaism is religion, so we will have to ask Spencer about his religious beliefs. He was an amusing character in _Autobiography_, that much is for sure.

#MeatIsMurder

Wanker LOL

No, I'm far from mental. Morrissey was openly accused of racism. Corbin said he received a fax from Morrissey, privately. Where is the fax?

Besides, there are two different stories about the never-seen-fax:

Scott Matthew (in Butt Magazine): "Then, after a little while, we hear beep! grrrrr grrrrr grrrrr and we both look at each other and Spencer goes in to get the fax, and he comes back with this piece of paper in his hands and in big, black letters scrolled across the page it reads, ‘YOUR LOSS JEW BOY.’ It was like a death threat the way it looked! (laughs) Poor Spencer, he was just devastated. He’s very sensitive, too. I think after that he and I just went to a bar, did some drugs, drank beer for ten hours." (http://www.buttmagazine.com/magazine/interviews/scott-matthew/)

Simon Goddard's Mozipedia (cited here by Detritus):"Morrissey was angered enough by Cobrin’s financial grievances against him to send the drummer an abusive fax message. "The fax came through and my wife, at the time, picked it up first," says Cobrin. "She said, 'I don’t think you should read this.' When I read it, I stayed in bed for a week. I couldn’t move."

That's coherence. Not.

Both sources agree Morrissey owed money to Corbin. If we make a false accusation (like racism) to speed up the recovery of a debt we can be accused of the crime of extortion. There are legal procedures to collect debts, and none of them allow public defamation, because it's a felony.

Yes, that's the difference. Who "crossed the line" here?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom