"Spent The Day In Bed" chart position (not in UK Top 100 singles)

Just to confirm that 'Spent the Day in Bed' failed to chart in the UK last week. This is the first time a lead-off single from one of Morrissey's albums has failed to crack the Top 100 in the UK ('World Peace' managed to get to #83).

Do you think it might do better next week following the TV coverage on Jools Holland?

Just to confirm that 'Spent the Day in Bed' failed to chart in the UK last week. This is the first time a lead-off single from one of Morrissey's albums has failed to crack the Top 100 in the UK ('World Peace' managed to get to #83).

Do you think it might do better next week following the TV coverage on Jools Holland?
MORRISSEY fans want the Vinyl or CD I'm not into purchasing downloads ' I'll wait for the CD

Morrissey doesn't "own" Etienne. It's a vanity sub-imprint of BMG. BMG is fully behind the promotion being done for the new album.

"Along with the new release, the former Smiths singer has entered into a partnership with BMG on launching his new label Etienne Records". this statement appears in multiple online sources.....that is the question...has he finally gone indie

It's number 7 on MTV Rocks today.

"Along with the new release, the former Smiths singer has entered into a partnership with BMG on launching his new label Etienne Records". this statement appears in multiple online sources.....that is the question...has he finally gone indie

No. Just as Sancutary, Decca and Harvest weren't their own independent labels either when he was with them. Etienne Records is a vanity label.

No. Just as Sancutary, Decca and Harvest weren't their own independent labels either when he was with them. Etienne Records is a vanity label.

Are they "vanity labels"? Is that the term? Aren't they "imprints"? Anyway, so was His Master's Voice, as he asked EMI to reactivate it. And so was Attack.

That is not what is suggested here. I think you might be speaking out of turn my friend.....if you are just using an imprint and someone else owns the label then this question is pointless. If you started your own label then this question makes perfect sense.

You're creating your own label, Etienne, for this release – how involved are you in the business end of that? Has it been more work or less work than you expected? Is it enjoyable?

Whatever happens in the world, music is for eternity. It's a great pleasure and very healthy to produce and create, and I'd love to expand Etienne and sign up music that counts. Not marketing nonsense, but artists whose lives depend upon singing and playing music. They count in the long run.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom